Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
No interest in TLoU/2, but I will tune in if they do a (spoilers for a boss in TLoU2) Rat King episode because that's gonna be hosed. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/TrueDetective/status/1625887669740789762

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hopefully Cthulhu shows up this time.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope it ends like Dr Sleep and Jodie Foster sics Buffalo Bill’s ghost on the true detective ghosts

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I hope they hired the lighting crew used in Last of Us.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I know the show started with massive stars, but Jodie Foster still feels like a hell of a get.

edit: Ah, IMDb tells me she was in one previous episode. Didn't know that. But still.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 15, 2023

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I know the show started with massive stars, but Jodie Foster still feels like a hell of a get.

edit: Ah, IMDb tells me she was in one previous episode. Didn't know that. But still.

Which season? I can't find it in her filmography.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

El Jeffe posted:

Which season? I can't find it in her filmography.

Oh poo poo, sorry, this seems to be me misinterpreting IMDb's somewhat new way of displaying things. From her IMDb page:

This is apparently showing that True Detective premiered in 2014 (so is a "2014 Show"), and that she has one episode in it, likely because someone has already added her to the next season. I took that listing to mean she was in 1 episode in 2014. Entirely my mistake.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 15, 2023

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

As somebody who lived in Alaska for four years, I am all for this. Hopefully they do great things with the setting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys think they're going to reveal who the true detective is this season

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

zoux posted:

It was God; God was guiding them all the whole time.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

The true detective is the friends we made along the way.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's us, the viewer.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

The true detective is coming from inside the house.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The true detective is revealed when the "dead body" stands up and has been alive this whole time.

"GAME MYSTERY OVER!" as a Charlie Clouser tune starts playing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I remember True Detective season 3 being pretty good but not much beyond that. Season 1 is still the gold standard. I'll totally watch season 4.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Oh poo poo, sorry, this seems to be me misinterpreting IMDb's somewhat new way of displaying things. From her IMDb page:

This is apparently showing that True Detective premiered in 2014 (so is a "2014 Show"), and that she has one episode in it, likely because someone has already added her to the next season. I took that listing to mean she was in 1 episode in 2014. Entirely my mistake.

That's hardly on you, IMDB has become terrible in recent years, between the UI and straight up misleading info. When Marvel's What If was airing I was expecting it to be 18 episodes that season because that's what IMDB told me. :mad:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

I remember True Detective season 3 being pretty good but not much beyond that. Season 1 is still the gold standard. I'll totally watch season 4.

I’ll go to bat for season 2 also being fine, though not as good as 3. But even if those seasons are fine overall I recently rewatched season 1 and it really is incredible what an absolutely amazing experience it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah. 3 was a pretty good season but didn't come close to approaching the amazing quality of 1. I'm hoping the change in showrunners will, in contrast to almost every other show, work out for the best.

As for season 2, of all the seasons of True Detective, it was one of them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Season 1 was lightning in a bottle, those dudes had phenomenal chemistry and the tension and atmosphere that Cary Fukunaga brought - I'd never seen anything like that tracking shot raid sequence and imo it has yet to be surpassed. I'm also a easy mark for stories where the cops stumble on weird occult poo poo.

e: I can't comment on season 2 tbh because the word of mouth was so bad around here that I didn't bother.

zoux fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 16, 2023

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zoux posted:

It's Sam Beckett

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think season 1 of True Detective is perfect - episode 6 and especially 7 are much weaker than the rest - but the rest is loving fantastic and I really loved how it dealt with the occult/surreal stuff. 3 was good but I don’t really remember it at all other than Mahershala Ali in all them time periods and that they tied it into s1 in kind of an odd way. I remember Stephen Dorff was good but nothing about his character aside from “another cop”

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY4jhr4_PF0
Full trailer for Bob Odenkirk's new AMC show, Lucky Hank. Looks like a lot of fun and more of a straight comedy than BCS.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also my parents live around Beaumont and it is exactly the gently caress like that. Utter hell country.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
HBO is really into dragging out new seasons of shows that peaked in season 1 but shows that keep getting better seem to get the axe a lot lately.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Everything is getting the axe over at HBO Discovery land that isn't a reality show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just film the making of every show as its own reality show as a weird excuse to make the garbage nobody wants while still making things that people will want to see even on purpose now or in the future.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

zoux posted:

e: I can't comment on season 2 tbh because the word of mouth was so bad around here that I didn't bother.

You should always take what people say with a grain of salt and decide for yourself.... is what I would say if season 2 wasn't just loving pointless and feels bizarrely like it was supposed to be set in the 80s or something but they forgot and set it in the mid-2010s instead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://deadline.com/2023/02/kaitlin-olson-star-drew-goddard-hip-remake-rob-thomas-showrunner-1235260562/
Kaitlin Olson has a new show in development at ABC with both Drew Goddard and Rob Thomas on board. It is a remake of a French series called "HPI" (Haut Potentiel Intellectuel.) The show will have Olson as a single mom who works as a cleaner at a police station who turns out to be really good at solving crimes. So I expect it to run 20 seasons.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
A bird that solves crimes?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bring back The Mick.... :negative:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

muscles like this! posted:

Full trailer for Bob Odenkirk's new AMC show, Lucky Hank. Looks like a lot of fun and more of a straight comedy than BCS.

This looks great but also what was with the weird obvious green screen addition of Kyle MacLachlin?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Escobarbarian posted:

The Last of Us 2 owns so extremely much
Having the game force you to fight the protagonist was Mass Effect 3 Starchild level trolling but all the parallels they drew between the two leads got extremely boring.

The game makes everyone just the worst kind of spiteful/selfish/stupid.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Season 3 of True Detective was carried by Mahershala, I don't remember the specifics of the plot, but I do remember it being insanely loving stupid if you tried to actually lay out what happened in any kind of logical way.

I'd say don't do any more of it, but I've only watched season 1 once and it's still just loving burned into my mind so I'm like honestly keep giving them money just on the off-chance that they can get anywhere near season 1 again.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

First I've heard of this.

If a trailer doesn't annoy me, it's done a good job. I'll check this out. Looks like a good cast, too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sheesh why do dramatic actors try to do comedy? Stick to what you know Bob!

Yes I'm kidding

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pizzolatto is not involved, but he was involved in season 2, so

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QP-xrG0kZk

Apple's new sci fi show about a climate hell world, starring every actor in the SAG. I can't tell if this is going to be a deal where they jump around period to period or if it takes place in one period.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Anyone check out Joel McCale / Vela Lovell's new comedy thang? Any good?

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QP-xrG0kZk

Apple's new sci fi show about a climate hell world, starring every actor in the SAG. I can't tell if this is going to be a deal where they jump around period to period or if it takes place in one period.

Trailer suggests it's an anthology, with the different time periods and all. Well, that and the casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Anyone check out Joel McCale / Vela Lovell's new comedy thang? Any good?

Premieres tonight. The trailers during the Super Bowl were pretty bad but I’ll give it an episode or two why not