Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the PM offering up his new deputy chairman – Rishi Sunak has appointed Lee Anderson, who said capital punishment was ‘100% effective’ and food bank users ‘can’t cook properly’"

Telegraph:

Ukraine unlikely to be sent British jets until war is over, Ben Wallace says

Matt:

Gender-neutral God to be considered by Church of England

Independent:

Ukraine criticises speech by Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters at UN Security Council

Times:

Evening Standard:

GDP: No recession yet, but Britain’s not out of the woods

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
looooooool pronouns amirite isn't it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ursula Le Guin on why she prefers to use they/them pronouns in her writing in 1994 http://theliterarylink.com/afterword.html

Just because sometimes it's nice to know that along with Pratchett not all your childhood authors were shits.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sunak’s troubles with the Tories’ toxic past – Liz Truss has made a comeback while the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, praised Boris Johnson on a trip to the UK"

Telegraph:

"Hunt told he must cut taxes as recession avoided by thinnest of margins"

Independent:

Tory deputy chair Lee Anderson clashes with BBC presenter over fake doorstep chat After Gustave Doré.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Jeremy Hunt gees up the economy – Weighed down by Brexit and austerity, the chancellor cracks his whip"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Bonus! :norway: VG magazine:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! :norway: VG magazine:

Lmao, that's beautiful.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on an unruly Conservative party — The Treasury is considering a proposal to massively expand free childcare to one- and two-year-olds in England in a move that would cost billions at the spring budget"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak may be keen to send Ukraine jets, but trouble is on the horizon

Times:

How Britain’s waterways became a dirty joke – and why we should act now After Millais.

Evening Standard:

Asteroid streaks through sky above English Channel delighting stargazers; America races to identify mystery flying objects as RAF ‘ready to shoot down Chinese spy balloons’

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

that's talent, that is

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on flying objects shot down by US military – A series of mysterious objects have been shot down over an eight-day period in North American airspace"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Vladimir Putin orders Russian troops to advance in ‘most sectors’ in Ukraine war zone - UK defence chiefs

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Sunak’s plan to defend against spy balloons – ‘People should be reassured that we have all the capabilities in place to keep the country safe,’ said the prime minister on Monday"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Hammer blow for Tories as ex-Cameron skills tsar declares: Labour is now the party of business

Times:

Banksy’s Valentine mural dismantled hours after appearance in Margate

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer: ‘Jeremy Corbyn will not stand for Labour at general election’

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
That indy cartoon is entirely accurate but I also feel it's the cartoonists' personal fetish

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Clothed Fabian Nude Monetarist

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nicola Sturgeon’s exit – Scottish first minister steps down after eight years at the helm, during which time she crossed swords with five prime ministers"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Raquel Welch, actor and 1960s sex symbol, dies aged 82

Bonus! Rowson retweeted this and I thought the other thread could use it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the spoils of war – Energy companies see their profits soar following Russian invasion of Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Independence support could ‘erode’ under Nicola Sturgeon’s successor, SNP sources fear

Independent:

Centrica boss urged to waive £1.6m bonus – but refuses to discuss it After Bob Hoskins.

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn tells Keir Starmer: blocking me is an attack on democracy

Evening Standard:

Sunak travels to Northern Ireland ahead of expected deal over protocol

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak trying to reach Northern Ireland protocol deal – PM faces threat of a fresh Conservative rebellion in his attempt to break the post-Brexit deadlock"

Telegraph:

Lukashenko warns Belarus will join Russia in war if attacked

Independent:

DUP leader ‘hopeful’ deal can be done on NI protocol but insists work remains After Franz von Stuck.

The i paper:

Sunak – Government not backing away from bigger sewage fines for water companies

Times:

Nicola Bulley: Sunak criticises police over health revelations

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, one year on – One year on? It was back in 2014 that Vladimir Putin’s war really began"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

"Scotland after Nicola Sturgeon: Divided, uncertain and bereft of political heavyweights"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a blast from the past – Former PM on collision course with Rishi Sunak over the latter’s attempts to reach a deal with Brussels on the Northern Ireland protocol"

Telegraph:

Baftas 2023 winners: All Quiet on the Western Front wins Best Film

Times:

Roald Dahl books rewritten to remove language deemed offensive

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the battle over the Northern Ireland protocol – Rishi Sunak’s Tory opponents determined not make life easy for him"

Telegraph:

Augustus Gloop no longer fat as Roald Dahl goes PC

Matt:

"The butchering of Roald Dahl is an assault on liberty by a neurotic elite"

Times:

Putin’s war is failing, says Joe Biden on surprise visit to Ukraine

Evening Standard:

Putin rages against the West in major speech on Ukraine war as Biden rallies allies in Poland

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Vladimir Putin’s fictions – Russian leader’s speech in Moscow castigates Ukraine and the west" After Quentin Blake.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Public sector workers could be offered 3.5% pay rise to stop strikes; Tomato shortage widens to more fruit and vegetables and likely to last ‘weeks’

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Politoonists really like noses.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the special immigration appeals commission – The court upheld the 2019 decision of the then home secretary, Sajid Javid, to strip Shamima Begum of her British citizenship"

Telegraph:

Politics news: 'Hurdles to overcome' before Northern Ireland deal, Tory MPs told After Escher.

Matt:

Tesco becomes fourth supermarket to ration fruit and vegetables

Independent:

Times:

Boris Johnson and Liz Truss urge Rishi Sunak to send fighter jets to Ukraine

Evening Standard:

Extensive archive of David Bowie’s life and work donated to V&A

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on unappealing Tory vegetables – Liz the lettuce and 30p Leek left in the basket as Thérèse praises turnips"

Telegraph:

Putin’s folly: Russia's brutal invasion one year on | Ukraine: The Latest special video podcast

Matt:

Original versions of Roald Dahl books to be republished after backlash

Independent:

Times:

Keir Starmer’s five missions for UK aim to prove Labour’s election credentials

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 25, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goodbye, old friend.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Putin’s year-long offensive in Ukraine – It is a year since Russia launched its land-grab but Kyiv remains free"

Telegraph:

Eat turnips instead of tomatoes during shortages, Therese Coffey suggests

Matt:

Independent:

After Carlo Dolci.

The i paper:

Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jennings' Putin is turning into a Predator.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Time is running out for Vladimir Putin – A year after the invasion of Ukraine, the writing is on the wall for Russia’s president"

Sunday Telegraph:

China ‘lacks credibility’ to secure Ukraine ceasefire amid Russia drone fears

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on politics red in tooth and maw – Former and current PMs at odds over Northern Ireland protocol" After Goya.

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell: EU’s Ursula von der Leyen meets King Charles – The president of the European Commission visited Windsor Castle during her UK visit to finalise talks on the post-Brexit Northern Ireland trade deal"

Telegraph:

Brexit latest news: My deal 'takes back control', says Rishi Sunak

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Northern lights visible over the UK for second straight night

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: Rishi Sunak and the Brexit circus – The prime minister has to face some untamed beasts in securing his deal with the EU"

Telegraph:

Labour confirms it will back Rishi Sunak’s Brexit deal

Matt:

The Lockdown Files: Matt Hancock rejected expert advice on care home testing, WhatsApp messages reveal

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Isabel Oakeshott and NDAs at centre of Hancock care home testing row

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Matt Hancock’s care for care homes – Politician who resigned after being caught in a clinch now faces claims he ignored advice"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Hancock claims texts showing he ignored Covid care home advice were ‘doctored’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Amanda Holden dresses up as Dorothy as she joins stars in celebrating World Book Day

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the rift between Matt Hancock and Isabel Oakeshott – The journalist says she acted in the public interest by leaking the ex-health secretary’s Covid-related WhatsApp messages"

Telegraph:

Why Rishi Sunak’s Brexit deal may have called Boris Johnson’s bluff

Matt:

Independent:

‘Massive betrayal’: Matt Hancock hits out at Isabel Oakeshott in first statement since WhatsApp leak; After Gillray.

Times:

Rishi Sunak takes Tory MPs to Windsor for awayday; Brexit freedoms will be lost in Sunak’s deal, says Boris Johnson

Evening Standard:

Johnson allies’ claims over partygate investigator Sue Gray ‘ludicrous’ – Labour

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Matt Hancock and care home dominoes – WhatsApp messages suggest former health secretary rejected advice on testing in care homes"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Ex-Tory minister praises Sue Gray ‘integrity’ amid Labour appointment row After Serafino Macchiati.

The i paper:

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is that... based on something? :stare: Or has Steve Bell started feeding his own cartoons into an AI?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is that... based on something? :stare: Or has Steve Bell started feeding his own cartoons into an AI?

Based on the CCTV footage of Hancock kissing his aide during lockdown.

-----

Observer:

"A week is a long time in politics for Rishi Sunak – Boris Johnson, the DUP, Matt Hancock, (no) tomatoes, a turnip… all in the prime minister’s in-tray"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt Hancock ridiculed Rishi Sunak’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“You've heard your father, Harry. Come out, we know you're in there!” Meghan and Prince Harry 'are OK about leaving Frogmore Cottage and say "if we need to move out, we will get ourselves out"', source says

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Surprisingly harsh criticism of the government thete, given the times is normally pro tory.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on how Rishi Sunak can’t step free of past scandals – Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock were all over the media in the past week reminding voters of the Tories’ multitude of crimes and misdemeanours"

Telegraph:

Matt Hancock rejected advice to cut Covid isolation as it would ‘imply we’ve been wrong’

Times:

Migrants on small boats to be barred from Britain

Evening Standard:

Legislation to stop Channel boats ‘unworkable’, Rishi Sunak warned

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Joe Lawrence on Rishi Sunak’s tough talk on small boat crossings – PM aiming to detain and swiftly deport asylum seekers"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak under pressure to block knighthood for Boris Johnson's father Stanley

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Sunak and Braverman plan for small boats — Rishi Sunak has promised to end the small boats once and for all, by introducing the illegal migration bill"

Telegraph:

Illegal immigration measures are fuelling ‘xenophobia and racism’, says Labour MP

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After D Barnet.

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Man Blower really is a worstcunt