Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can everyone please help me convince veeg he needs to stream a 100% run of Donkey Kong 64? Rarity and Regy keep saying stuff like “don’t do it veeg” and “Esco why are you such a sociopath”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Stars At Our Backs gives me big Ghibli vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_t8I9FC2Y

Pride of a Nameless Hunter is p much my fave track alongside Proof of a Hero. Proof's Fatalis remix is also fantastic.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

hell yeah. The Xeno'jiva fight is the perfect capstone fight too, the mechanics around it aside. You make this huge rear end discovery, oh gently caress your friends get injured you need to cover for them while you escape! They trust you do to so because you've earned that trust! And it turns from "oh poo poo hold back this loving huge rear end unknown monster that dwarfs everything you've fought before in size" to "don't let it escape or it could cause a catastrophe!!!"

Just the flip from desperate struggle to no, YOU are the hunter here, hunt it! Also my canon is you do it solo which obvs makes the hunt way more cool and awesome.

I'm legit surprised by this, none of the mhw npcs were anything to me, except the handler, and their barks of encouragement just ran together. They trust my character because he's the player character, none of us have enough of a personality to hold onto, it's just plot beats set to dramatic visuals and music.

It might be worth mentioning that I've become a uhh cipher-protag skeptic, any time a game treats my mute & flat PC as a hero or someone desirable or interesting, I become suspicious, I think to myself, What is it you like about my guy, NPC character? His beard looks dumb and his outfit doesn't match

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jay Rust posted:

I'm legit surprised by this, none of the mhw npcs were anything to me, except the handler, and their barks of encouragement just ran together. They trust my character because he's the player character, none of us have enough of a personality to hold onto, it's just plot beats set to dramatic visuals and music.

It might be worth mentioning that I've become a uhh cipher-protag skeptic, any time a game treats my mute & flat PC as a hero or someone desirable or interesting, I become suspicious, I think to myself, What is it you like about my guy, NPC character? His beard looks dumb and his outfit doesn't match

folks around each hub area absolutely go from calling you a newbie, to being like oh hey how's the hunts!, to HELL YEAH SAPPHIRE STAR!

Hell, a lot of it is just brief comments from places you have to visit a lot but it was there enough to leave an impression on me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Can everyone please help me convince veeg he needs to stream a 100% run of Donkey Kong 64? Rarity and Regy keep saying stuff like “don’t do it veeg” and “Esco why are you such a sociopath”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Escobarbarian posted:

They're right

He needs to do a 101% run

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No one should play DK64

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DK64 is fine

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rinkles posted:

Under the radar SRPG coming out soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZ94CprsDE

"COOL DAGGERS"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

dee kay sixty poor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We went to our grandma's house after church one weekend as kids and she randomly brought home a neon green N64 bundled with donkey Kong 64. She made homemade vanilla ice cream in one of them brown electric bucket things. We are it outside when my dad yelled at us to go outside we can't be inside all day playing games and him or other adults played before it got dark and we came in because there was progress made we didn't do. Taught us adults can play games inside all day.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

We went to our grandma's house after church one weekend as kids and she randomly brought home a neon green N64 bundled with donkey Kong 64. She made homemade vanilla ice cream in one of them brown electric bucket things. We are it outside when my dad yelled at us to go outside we can't be inside all day playing games and him or other adults played before it got dark and we came in because there was progress made we didn't do. Taught us adults can play games inside all day.

you very well may have had the best grandma of all time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I beat the first level of Pizza Tower and this game is cool but the movement and stuff is more technical than I was expecting.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

the only mhw character that stuck with me was that veteran hunter with the Long Sword and the full-face helm. he was cool. if he was the main npc point of contact i would have been happy. npcs around the hub might as well have been randomly generated with how much of an impact they left on me

bring back the literal caravan of interesting npcs, Capcom :(

Ramie fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 16, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Man, every time Megalomania starts up....it's good poo poo.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Stars At Our Backs gives me big Ghibli vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_t8I9FC2Y

how do you manage to know the name of video game songs?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Jay Rust posted:

how do you manage to know the name of video game songs?

You say them out loud

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

it's easier when the track name is sick i.e. Is That Blood Thine or The Enemy's

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They put the names of things on the internet super web surfway. Adam named everything a long time ago

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Live A Live has an in game jukebox with the song names

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was looking for the ff7 motorcycle minigame theme earlier today, luckily it’s called Crazy Motorcycle so I identified it pretty quick

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dabir posted:

I love the title theme playing at the end of the boss fight trope. PSO2 did it for every episode end boss and it kicked so much rear end every time

E: managed to pick the one video of this song that cuts off before it, this one is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQce0bM7EFg

PSO2 doing it both for the Dark Falx boss fights AND the PSO1 main menu theme is great. TBH I wouldn't have bothered with the game without the explicit "this is PSO1 again" stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1RY55yL2o

The piano playing is a remix of the main menu garage theme in AC1, except it's losing its poo poo

God drat Armored Core has good soundtracks. And speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbOUwFx61Uw

Ohhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPsAf3bgAA

Punch it Chief

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 16, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1625847617052614656?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That's what happens when you patch a game so that it takes longer to level up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently aside from a currently running Valentine's event, there has been no news for 4 months on it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ruh roh shaggy, my game freakin sucks

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

(Slight hint in spoilers, not story ones but spoiling it since you're having fun) You're meant to use Break skills to remove her Repel and make her neutral to an element. The dungeon even has item drops that work like those skills I think. Not that you're being dumb because I'm sure it's the only fight in the entire game where those abilities are useful.

I resumed my game and literally one shot her with this. Haha. Threw an item that dropped her electric resistance then did like 1500 electric next round. Thanks. Haha.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Live A Live has an in game jukebox with the song names

Sadly you can’t look most of them up to bop to easily regardless since Square is super into copyright striking them despite not letting you actually buy the OST. Looking forward to your reaction to the Neat Future OST.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

losing 86% of your peak players within 2-3 months of launch is probably indicative of a deepset problem with the game itself, although i never personally touched it. 2v2 feels like a terrible design choice for matchmade multiplayer: games like league function because there's sufficient people on both teams to diffuse responsibility and make it harder for one individual member to either lift the whole team up or drag the whole team down. having solidly 50% of the responsibility for winning the match be on someone you have zero control over would drive me to drink in a ranked mode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Sadly you can’t look most of them up to bop to easily regardless since Square is super into copyright striking them despite not letting you actually buy the OST. Looking forward to your reaction to the Neat Future OST.

Oh that's literally the chapter I just started

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it was not a horrible game but it reeked of business man choices to squeeze every cent they could which is a foundational rot that it seems like they were never able to get around. the f2p stuff seemed passable in the beta but as soon as it launched they shifted to an extremely grindy progression path and moved items they had tested as progression unlocks into the cash shop. i believe at one point if you wanted to complete the season pass it was mathed out that you could miss basically no days of daily quests.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh that's literally the chapter I just started

How’d you feel about Edo Japan? I replayed it to go full pacifist, it’s a neat little puzzle figuring out how to avoid certain encounters even if it’s not super intuitive at points.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I’m debating on starting the Ryza series but my backlog of JRPGs is so full. I also have Dis5, Persona 3P, and Tales of Arise on my list

And then there’s WRPGs like the expansion packs for W3 and finishing up the side stuff (again) in C2077.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Relax Or DIE posted:

it was not a horrible game but it reeked of business man choices to squeeze every cent they could which is a foundational rot that it seems like they were never able to get around. the f2p stuff seemed passable in the beta but as soon as it launched they shifted to an extremely grindy progression path and moved items they had tested as progression unlocks into the cash shop. i believe at one point if you wanted to complete the season pass it was mathed out that you could miss basically no days of daily quests.

Yep they got greedy and killed a promising F2P game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

How’d you feel about Edo Japan? I replayed it to go full pacifist, it’s a neat little puzzle figuring out how to avoid certain encounters even if it’s not super intuitive at points.

Yeah, it's definitely the chapter with the most going on I've played so far. Just a fun little dungeon with the nonlethality mechanic providing some instant replayability that the other chapters don't.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's definitely the chapter with the most going on I've played so far. Just a fun little dungeon with the nonlethality mechanic providing some instant replayability that the other chapters don't.

Full lethal is also a run that’s effectively its own distinct path with unique scenarios to find/avoid. I really like that about LAL, there’s usually some degree of experimentation/optimization in the scenarios to extend what would otherwise be hour long vignettes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

They should realize how much ground they have to cover to get up to par with Smash Bros. Honestly find it a bit weird neither this or the nick one had enough resources behind it, always seemed like the perfect vehicle just advertise a bunch of IPs, but I guess nobody actually wanted to pay for the foundation to be good before trying to put the squeeze on it, so just squeezed away the ones willing to give a chance early.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Holy poo poo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jinkies

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is LeBron still disabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is LeBron still disabled

I legit accidentally clicked this thread on my bookmarks and didn’t realize you were talking about a video game.