Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

So many good thread titles here.

e:

Velocity Raptor has a new favorite as of 18:56 on Feb 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

credburn posted:

Tanya Harding wasn't ugly or anything :confused:

Do you, boo.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

credburn posted:

In the 90s my mom loved watching figure skating, so I watched it often enough to recognize skaters. This resulted in me having a crush on Oksana Baiul, Tonya Harding, Nancy Kerrigan, Kristi Yamaguchi, and likely every other woman figure skater I saw. There is no shame here.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

“A movie about Tanya Harding, you say? Get me the hottest woman on the planet to portray her!”

From the Producers Who Brought You "Monster"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also American Gangster

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Liquid Chicken posted:

AI generated candy hearts. They get me.

GSV Flying Whale

PS Doomed

GOU Mild Feel

VFP Limited Hamster

mhmh

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/nSKKbW7.mp4

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Streets of Rage 5 looking good

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

drat thats really good

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He has a whole series, they're all good. Though I suppose it's kinda "seen one, seen 'em all."

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

credburn posted:

:yikes:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

madeintaipei posted:

I wanna see your OO face.

OOOOO! TINY BABY!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

credburn posted:

They took the girl out of the trailer park, but the operation to take the trailer park out of the girl was a failure.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I didn't know what she looked like so I pulled up her wiki. Her first picture from her skating days looks a lot like Angela from The Office to me.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pretty much every Olympic athlete is gonna have a conventionally banging body. There are a few events where other physiques are better suited, but those are the exception.

Edit: The Olympic village is notorious for going through a poo poo ton of condoms because they gently caress like crazy there.

deoju has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Feb 16, 2023

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

If it wasn’t for the cap, I’d have thought it was Donny Benet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dD7KeRETsA

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think it's the hair and makeup.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

deoju posted:

Pretty much every Olympic athlete is gonna have a conventionally banging body. There are a few events where other physiques are better suited, but those are the exception.

I think one of the most fascinating things is to observe the differences in physique and proportion by event. Maybe the most drastic I can think of is a speed skater vs a kayaker.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

If you are not familiar with curling it is common at the highest levels to pregame in the rink bar with fans between your matches. Like they don’t do it at the Olympics but everything else “well that’s another round robin matchup done let’s get some brewskis”

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Arivia posted:

If you are not familiar with curling it is common at the highest levels to pregame in the rink bar with fans between your matches. Like they don’t do it at the Olympics but everything else “well that’s another round robin matchup done let’s get some brewskis”

I worked briefly at one of the curling clubs in Toronto and those motherfuckers absolutely would not wait until the matchup was done to drink.

There are some Olympic-level curlers who are buff as hell, though. I always assume that's just having free access to Olympic-level training and gyms. If all I had to do was be limber, have the stamina to sweep and good rock-pushing technique, but there was the option to also get ripped for free, I'd do that too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

I think it's the hair and makeup.

that's just what people looked like in the early 1980s

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't think Robbie looks that much like Harding but like that's because she's an actor and also a different person. Harding was a pretty normal looking person, Robbie is obviously not average but I don't think she was only cast because of her looks. I think it's really weird to complain about that casting because you think the actor is so much better looking than the real person when that person looked perfectly normal.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Y'all should watch the movie if only for Allison Janey. She whips rear end in it.

Edit: to be clear, Allison Janney always whips rear end, but in this film she whips an exorbitant amount.

deoju has a new favorite as of 01:12 on Feb 16, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They took the girl out of the trailer park, but the operation to take the trailer park out of the girl was a failure.

Okay but it's still weird to contrast her with "one of the hottest women on the planet" like she's a goblin.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Get ye pan

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Remember Harding when she was in that celebrity boxing match and taking fists to the face doesn't do any favors to one's appearance.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't think Robbie looks that much like Harding but like that's because she's an actor and also a different person. Harding was a pretty normal looking person, Robbie is obviously not average but I don't think she was only cast because of her looks. I think it's really weird to complain about that casting because you think the actor is so much better looking than the real person when that person looked perfectly normal.

Shut up Steve

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mister Speaker posted:

I think one of the most fascinating things is to observe the differences in physique and proportion by event. Maybe the most drastic I can think of is a speed skater vs a kayaker.

Even just the difference between 100m and 800m runners is pretty noticeable.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

If anyone's not yet watching Physical 100 on Netflix then I'd recommend it. Korean game show where they put 100 of the fittest people from all kinds of different athletic backgrounds together to compete to see which one's the best. It's basically if the picture in the post above asked "what if we slammed all of these hard bodies together?"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Inceltown posted:

Even just the difference between 100m and 800m runners is pretty noticeable.

Look at the weightlifters in this photo and ask yourself if you'd place them as elite athletes.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

post itt about your opinions on women's looks and foods you'll eat, aka; derail station. (I'm just kidding, post whatever you like, kids!)

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

ultrafilter posted:

Look at the weightlifters in this photo and ask yourself if you'd place them as elite athletes.

Post a video of yourself deadlifting 400lbs or gtfo.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

deoju posted:

okay *stands up off the couch wheezing and shaking*

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Why is the cop in the back seat?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

deoju posted:

I don't think they mean "weightlifters aren't elite athletes", I think they mean "if you didn't know better, looking at a weightlifter and guessing from their body you could easily mistake them for not being an elite athlete".

Ie the "you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like" meme I guess

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hyperlynx posted:

I don't think they mean "weightlifters aren't elite athletes", I think they mean "if you didn't know better, looking at a weightlifter and guessing from their body you could easily mistake them for not being an elite athlete".

Ie the "you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like" meme I guess

It's this. Also, a 400 lb. deadlift isn't exactly a world class or even particularly notable performance outside of the lower weight classes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ultrafilter posted:

It's this. Also, a 400 lb. deadlift isn't exactly a world class or even particularly notable performance outside of the lower weight classes.

Yeah, it's just 1x bodyweight which isn't impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Hyperlynx posted:

oic

For the record, as a hetero dude, I would smash all of the top row.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)