Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
When there was only one set of footprints it was then I hovered without visible propulsion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mdemone posted:

luminosity in any part of the EM spectrum spreads out isotropically across a spherical surface

if you are farther away you will get fewer photons and there are only so many to spare

edit: this is called flux, did any of you take physics

In the 20th century, yes

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

In the 20th century, yes

I know that's part of my point. if they can control inertia, they can interact directly with the Higgs field. such an entity would appear to move in magical ways.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

mdemone posted:

luminosity in any part of the EM spectrum spreads out isotropically across a spherical surface

if you are farther away you will get fewer photons and there are only so many to spare

i received the best education hollywood had on offer

PokeJoe posted:

It's called flux

flux is stored in the capacitors! :eng101:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Delta-Wye posted:

flux is stored in the capacitors! :eng101:

That's right

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Objurium posted:

Here's a video of CNN saying the DOD told them that a significant chunk of the Alaska object was recovered and that the FBI is taking the lead on analysis, FWIW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BwQ0gpW0Ew&t=114s

theyre reopening the xfiles

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

they just wanted to say hi to the balloon

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

WEH posted:

ah, bin ladens balloon fortress

lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PokeJoe posted:

We never should have let these people have control of such important duties

i know there's much more important things to do, but couldn't the commander-in-chief take five minutes to tell these weebs to knock this off?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no. the military is way more powerful than the president

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

i know there's much more important things to do, but couldn't the commander-in-chief take five minutes to tell these weebs to knock this off?

yes but why would biden, the dude who routinely hangs out at homophobic things like the prayer breakfast with his pals, do that?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
do they have anime swords at the prayer breakfast?

poo poo, they probably do

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

mdemone posted:

i am well versed in physics tyvm

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1625906206383517718

fire when ready

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shifty Nipples posted:

i am well versed in physics tyvm

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

in 2021 i remember there being some kind of sky cameras you could get that would watch the skies for anomalies compared with flight data etc does anyone remember what that was?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Ballonladen determined to strike inside United States.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SniperWoreConverse posted:

When there was only one set of footprints it was then I hovered without visible propulsion

Lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Animal-Mother posted:

At least one of the super embarrassing ones was the guy being given the sword literally trolling. He didn't like the ceremony and didn't want to do it but his bosses told him that he had to have a sword ceremony. He asked if he could pick out any sword he wanted. They said yes. He picked that one to point out just how absurd the sword ceremony is. I don't know if it is that one specifically, but it was definitely one of the big anime sword ones.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's the one, thank you very much.. No wonder text search wasn't turning up anything.
i remembered it because it was a very funny post so searched thread for "eyes seen" lol

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Azathoth posted:

At least one of the super embarrassing ones was the guy being given the sword literally trolling. He didn't like the ceremony and didn't want to do it but his bosses told him that he had to have a sword ceremony. He asked if he could pick out any sword he wanted. They said yes. He picked that one to point out just how absurd the sword ceremony is. I don't know if it is that one specifically, but it was definitely one of the big anime sword ones.
what's even sadder is just how ugly and uninspired that hunk of poo poo is for being an official ceremonial piece

your average cosplayer would come up with a better design if somebody asked them to make an air force sword

only an organization led by deranged wide-eyed weepers could find that acceptable

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bullfrog posted:

if you look through my post history you'll find that i asked the same question and got a few answers, though i still find it kind of mysterious since i couldnt find that much from searching myself, at least the uap=demons thing. but there are a lot of religious people in the air force as shown by the link above

final events by nick redfern got this ball truly rolling

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hes a hack writer but thats okay its a hack field. probably in the top ten most culturally impactful flying saucers, serious business books out there

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

mdemone posted:

Fluxions in the Luminiferous Æther

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

We never should have let these people have control of such important duties

anime IS real :eyepop:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Gravid Topiary posted:

Fluxions in the Luminiferous Æther

*whacks you with a newspaper*

NO!

we tried that already

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

anime IS real :eyepop:

the aliens land

they are from the catgirl planet

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Not to worry everyone, the UAPs are merely emissaries from God to determine who's naughty and who's nice.

Unfortunately we shot missiles at them.

And God seems to be ok with collective punishment.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

the aliens land

:pray:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Are you saying the air force is knowingly concealing the catgirls? This is worse than I thought

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

my bony fealty posted:

the aliens land

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Coulthart stuff is interesting. We should keep an eye out for any sudden retirements among top air force generals. They won't fire them because they'll want to keep it quiet but strong encouragement to retire will happen.

To the person asking about AF Jesus freaks somebody asked that a few pages ago and I answered. I you look at my posts it isn't very far back. I posted a link to an old post I made that had several example articles which a few have been posted in the last page.

There are multiple evangelical related scandals in the air force going back over 30 years you can find. It's pretty open knowledge about their unspoken religion requirements, I've heard it talked about in several podcasts and other random media. Also there is that famous goon copypasta quote telling someone not to marry a guy going into the air force describing what their life will be like over the next 20 years and it has a part where he gets to a certain rank and finds Jesus. You could also just go ask about it in the troop forum.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Objurium posted:

a significant chunk of the Alaska object was recovered and that the FBI is taking the lead on analysis

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Needs to be mashed up with the chaos reigns fox, preferably the taxidermy one

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Found the quote! This was posted over a decade ago in GIP as advice for somebody asking about marrying a guy in the air force. It's accurate enough it's still around and gets shared still:

quote:

Go ask the career development folks at the MPF. Also pimp the TMO folks and ask them.
The final answer comes from one of those two sources. And in the end you have a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing anyway.
But you asked for thoughts, and after smoking a bowl and contemplating things, I had a thought I'd like to share with you.
Have you considered not marrying your fiancee?
I can count on one finger the number of guys that were USAF intel officers that I wouldn't line up outside the gas chambers if the fourth reich became a thing.
A few years from now, when you can't even stand to look at him without feeling a sense of extreme hatred and disappointment simultaneous to realizing that at 28 years old you spend 50% of your day thinking about becoming a divorcee, remember this advice: Run the gently caress away now.
Seriously, there is a 100% chance your fiancee is a tool and a loving nitwit. There is a 100% chance that he will be peer pressured into becoming a distilled version of fighter pilot gay bro'ness not by dudes that fly fighter jets, but other sperged out intel retard officers. He's going to start saying things like "Check, Rodge, Vector, Burner" and other associated lame as gently caress things, while also sometimes randomly wearing a flightsuit to work on Fridays despite his only flight time being the fam flight he poo poo his pants or puked his guts up during.
Also he's going to cheat on you. Oh man is he going to cheat on you. And there is a not too bad chance that it won't be with some good looking gal, but rather some dumb bitch enlisted intel girl that almost got a degree in psychology from her podunk state school before she decided she hated the taste of gargling frat sperm and dropped out and joined up to get a chance at being the hottest little twat in a windowless SCIF in Japan.
But don't worry about that breaking your heart, he'll never tell you. You'll be too busy caring for the 3-4 kids he demands you squeeze out in repayment to the base model BMW 3 series he's going to buy you when he gets to his second assignment at Tinker AFB.
When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12, he'll be lording over you how his job and career come first, and pray he doesn't make more money than you because that'll come up everytime you sigh audibly at the dinner table where you two will passive aggressively try to grind down each others will to live and breathe.
By this point as a captain he's going to be TDY 1-2 months a year, where he's getting half assed hand jobs from third tier strippers on excursions with the least socially inept enlisted guys in his flight-- this is probably the point where his raging alcoholism will be so clear and obvious to you that you two will start fighting every Saturday before kick off when his colleges football team inevitably will take a beating. This fight won't stop until his next TDY when the sweet release of his toothless stripper infidelities and lack of home presence gives you time to bust out your big giant purple *BZZZZZ* friend whenever those walking talking pants making GBS threads machines you call children fall asleep long enough to let you deaden the nerves in your clitoris.
Soon after he'll take his third assignment, the one right before he pins on Major, and suddenly he'll be pressuring you into becoming a fundamentalist christian, and he'll delete all of his whores off of his Facebook account and spend his home time posting image macros about 2nd amendment rights, and how jesus spoke english in the bible so these loving Mexicans should too. At this point you two will be consigned to bi-annual loving, and only when you've drank enough cheap boxed wind to be able to stand the idea of him pounding away on you missionary style but still refusing to look you in the eyes.
This will also be the point when your oldest child’s ADHD and pyromania are diagnosed, and one of your parents die. There is around a 85% chance one of you is going to be eating zoloft and klonopin out of loving pez dispensers, and waking up angry that the sweet release of death hasn't taken one of you out of this loveless hosed up marriage.
Somewhere in here the idea of swinging is going to come up casually as an almost joke when you are both in the blissful release of a nice drunken buzz, and one of you will actually be very open and interested in the idea. The other is going to wind up being an unhappy accomplice wondering why your partner wants to gently caress almost chubby guys with spray on tans, or watch the sacred hole through which your children came into this world be filled with all manner of different ethnicities of cock.
I'm late to bring this up, but sooner rather than later you're also going to screen positive for HPV, and your intel officer husband is going to take every bit of research skills he has from his job to convince you that you got it from donating blood or sitting on a toilet seat.
You didn't get it from the Red Cross or a trip to the shitter.
As it stands now though, you can walk the gently caress away and enjoy a life that I'm pretty sure would be better than the above. And you'll never have to see the inside of an officers wives meeting which is a Lovecraftian hell that makes my description of your future seem like Charlie's trip through the chocolate factory.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Found the quote! This was posted over a decade ago in GIP as advice for somebody asking about marrying a guy in the air force. It's accurate enough it's still around and gets shared still:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/status/1626033770947018754

balloob war?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sure seems like the Air Force sucks a big cosmic rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez