Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I relistened to the three Final Destination episodes and they rule. Especially the first. Big recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hard Target might be the all-time most fun episode.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

Is Wishmaster the most used WHM character?

I think he's easily beaten by Jesse Ventura

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bip Roberts posted:

Hard Target might be the all-time most fun episode.

Anything with a Brimley impression is gold. However I do still get random chuckles whenever I remember their bit about Brimley learning John Wu was the director.

He's a Whut!!?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

For no reason in particular, I haven't really listened to the podcast for about 5 years. On a whim I listened to the RIPD episode and remembered how great this is. Any must listen to episodes that have come out in the last couple years?

Angel has Fallen
101 Dalmations

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

North by Northwest
Dante’s Peak
101 Dalmatians

also listen to all of the episodes on the main feed of Melr0210, easily the quickest turnaround from “they’re doing a show on what?” to maybe my favorite stuff of theirs

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just thought of Eric calling piss dick beer and lol'd.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

New melro210 is great. It's always hilarious when the boys really hate something and they REALLY hate Brandon Walsh.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

B’GULG

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Jeremy!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Angel has Fallen and The Sound of Thunder are top tier episodes from the past few years.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

A Sound of Thunder is such a bizarrely perfect episode because they’re losing their minds the whole time and completely coincidentally it was the first episode to drop after covid lockdown so it really nailed to manic uncertainty of that entire month

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is an amazingly accurate phonetic spelling

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Arson Daily posted:

New melro210 is great. It's always hilarious when the boys really hate something and they REALLY hate Brandon Walsh.

But everyone loves Billy Campbell. You NakED under THISSSS?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Oh perfect!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

A Sound of Thunder is such a bizarrely perfect episode because they’re losing their minds the whole time and completely coincidentally it was the first episode to drop after covid lockdown so it really nailed to manic uncertainty of that entire month

That one also had the amazing tangent about the 10 Commandments, right?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Pest is a standout in that we got a new barometer for 'worst thing they've ever covered on the show'

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Wow, this thread has been going a long time.

I am a relatively new WHM fan and I've been listening to old episodes from the early days. More than once, I have heard them call out Stealth as a particularly terrible movie, and I was pretty baffled because I thought that movie with Chris Cooper as the CIA guy who was actually a spy was pretty decent, although it's been awhile since I saw it.

I finally Googled to see if they ever did an actual episode on why they hated Stealth so much, and they did, but the description didn't mention Chris Cooper at all?

And then I realized I was thinking of Breach. Breach was pretty good. I have not seen Stealth but I look forward to hearing about why it's bad.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Stealth is about what if a plane was so smart it could discover nu-metal and go insane

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Stealth I remember seeing a million commercials for starring Jessica Biel, Jamie Foxx, and the white guy. Because this was the year after Collateral and Ray, Foxx was very big in the marketing, but it was filmed before they released, so Jamie Foxx dies like 30 minutes in or something. I've never actually seen it.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Hiro Protagonist posted:

For no reason in particular, I haven't really listened to the podcast for about 5 years. On a whim I listened to the RIPD episode and remembered how great this is. Any must listen to episodes that have come out in the last couple years?

Batman V Superman colon Dawn of Justice, followed by the mailbag shortly afterwards that has the greatest letter that has ever been written. You must listen to it.
I think it's this one - https://omny.fm/shows/we-hate-movies/whm-mail-bag-peein-at-the-arcade-dirty-diapers-in

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Kneecaps posted:

Batman V Superman colon Dawn of Justice, followed by the mailbag shortly afterwards that has the greatest letter that has ever been written. You must listen to it.
I think it's this one - https://omny.fm/shows/we-hate-movies/whm-mail-bag-peein-at-the-arcade-dirty-diapers-in

“It’s so. loving. STUPID!” is an all time line delivery for the show.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The Martha scene in BVS is like the matrix, no one can tell you what it is, you have to see that stupid bullshit for yourself to see how utterly inane it really is. They're pretty good about only breaking out the emergency broadcasts when absolutely necessary and BVS is the absolute top of that list.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listener Request Month drawing:

Driven
Equilibrium
Hard Rain
The Covenant

Patreon:
Animation Damnation - Ugly Americans "Treegasm"
The Nexus - Voyager "Tsunkatse" (guest starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson :monocle: ), DS9 "In the Pale Moonlight"
Gleep Glossary - R5D4
WLM - The Man Who Would Be King

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 20, 2023

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rageaholic posted:

Driven
Equilibrium
Hard Rain
The Covenant

Patreon:
The Nexus - Voyager "Tsunkatse" (guest starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson :monocle: ), DS9 "In the Pale Moonlight"
Gleep Glossary - R5D4

After how much they hated Black Adam (rightfully so), that first Voyager episode is an awesome choice. Way to gently caress with them.

Also, "In the Pale Moonlight" is a loving banger DS9 episode. One of their best. So that will be a nice palate cleanser after the Voyager episode.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Covenant is going to be bonkers. If anything it has only gotten more insane over time since Sebastian Stan is now a major star and here he is in this godawful CGI filled teen wizard movie with lines like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El3bX-qrRQk

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 20, 2023

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Two Renny Harlin films in one month. They should do Mindhunters!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I haven't seen a single one of the picks either main feed or Patreon so I'll be watching these for the first time

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rageaholic posted:

I haven't seen a single one of the picks either main feed or Patreon so I'll be watching these for the first time

Equilibrium is, uh, something. Christian Bale swordfighting and doing kung fu with pistols against Taye Diggs, but it thinks it's 1984.

I loved it as a lovely 19 year old back in 2002, but I haven't seen it in forever. I'm sure it's aged like bread. It even got good buzz, which lead to the director getting a blank check for his next project. Which was Ultraviolet. He's been in movie jail ever since, until finally being let out for this latest Children of the Corn.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thrawn527 posted:

Equilibrium is, uh, something. Christian Bale swordfighting and doing kung fu with pistols against Taye Diggs, but it thinks it's 1984.

I loved it as a lovely 19 year old back in 2002, but I haven't seen it in forever. I'm sure it's aged like bread. It even got good buzz, which lead to the director getting a blank check for his next project. Which was Ultraviolet. He's been in movie jail ever since, until finally being let out for this latest Children of the Corn.
Oh yikes. I haven't seen the trailer for his Children of the Corn yet but I can't imagine that's going to be any good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rageaholic posted:

Oh yikes. I haven't seen the trailer for his Children of the Corn yet but I can't imagine that's going to be any good.

Let's just say it doesn't look good.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Rageaholic posted:

Don't worry- I've seen the trailer and you're very correct.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Will this push Harlin into their most covered director?

Edit: Have they only done Deep Blue Sea and Cliffhanger? I would have sworn they covered Die Hard 2 and Elm Street 4.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 20, 2023

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Rageaholic posted:

Driven
Equilibrium
Hard Rain
The Covenant

Patreon:
Gleep Glossary - R5D4

YESSSSSS. there is a chance I was the equilibrium caller

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Zurtilik posted:

Two Renny Harlin films in one month. They should do Mindhunters!

I’m almost positive they have if thats the Jigsaw Cop vs Cops with Christian Slater?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

For those who didn't watch the stream, episode 666 happens that month and they pooled all of the Devil-related movies together for their own drawing for that episode

It gave us The Covenant

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

thrawn527 posted:

After how much they hated Black Adam (rightfully so), that first Voyager episode is an awesome choice. Way to gently caress with them.

There's no way I was the only one, but this was my request. Next year I'll switch to the episode where Michael McKean plays 'The Clown'.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rageaholic posted:

Gleep Glossary - R5D4

I submitted him via Skippy the Jedi Droid and please god let them touch on that story.

Also Driven is one of my top 3 hated movies. Like, I virulently hated and despised that poo poo and the implication that I was enough of a dullard to watch it and say "wow, awesome"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

thrawn527 posted:

It's got all the dumbness and edginess of Ultraviolet except it was before CGI was able to be the entire setting, and is populated with actual actors. It's the best kind of idiotic turn of the millennium action idiocy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weEXyoXZKs

Gyges fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Another year without an Enterprise episode :negative: