Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm in the same boat and dislike the thought that it's only downhill from here, my future is full of poo poo that would embarrass and mortify the poo poo out of present-day me.

Of course I'm also embarrassed and mortified by my past. So you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Data Graham posted:

I'm in the same boat and dislike the thought that it's only downhill from here, my future is full of poo poo that would embarrass and mortify the poo poo out of present-day me.

Of course I'm also embarrassed and mortified by my past. So you know

Oh, man :same:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

dr_rat posted:

With his numerous US government/defense contracts that could really gently caress him and I'm fairly certain he's not at all smart enough to know that.

Honestly by the time the next election really starts up I'm not sure twitter is going to be in healthy enough state for it to even sort of matter, and I think he's blown he's load with all the "twitter leaks" that no one gave a drat about.

Republicans want him running Twitter, they'll make it such a headache or give such a runaround for anyone who would try to give a poo poo to the point it will get dropped.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

more like how long until catturd & co demand to be boosted like elon?

Kind of surprised they haven’t already started whining about this, at least as far as I know.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Darchangel posted:

To be fair, this is really the root of most Boomerific stuff. It's fear of a changing world, when you're just too old to change your mind about anything.
I'm praying I manage to keep my mind flexible as I age, but I'm sure I'll do *something* entirely cringeworthy. Probably already have, since I'm already 50, and therefore practically dead.

I'm not keeping track of posters or the instances where its happening, but as some who has been on this site from their teens to now late twenties I'm definitely seeing more "argument" and/or discussion styles that I tend to associate with people in their late 45s to 50s, so its happening to this userbase too.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Darchangel posted:

To be fair, this is really the root of most Boomerific stuff. It's fear of a changing world, when you're just too old to change your mind about anything.
I'm praying I manage to keep my mind flexible as I age, but I'm sure I'll do *something* entirely cringeworthy. Probably already have, since I'm already 50, and therefore practically dead.

That’s exactly it, fear of a changing world, but you don’t need to be old, it’s why polarization works at any age

Desperate fearful people love to hang on to strong men who will save them, deliver them from darkness and who won’t make them think too much

Usually they pick strong powerful leaders like Donner Kebabs Trump (lol) and Elon Musk (lmao)

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

I'm not keeping track of posters or the instances where its happening, but as some who has been on this site from their teens to now late twenties I'm definitely seeing more "argument" and/or discussion styles that I tend to associate with people in their late 45s to 50s, so its happening to this userbase too.

Goons are getting so old and out of touch that it's honestly kind of depressing. I only check in on a handful of threads these days but I'm considering dropping SA entirely because it really is becoming a nursing home for early internet posters.

It's not called "tick tock" grandpa.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Gross, old people post here?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I recently had the opposite happen. I work with this dude Colin. He's 87 years old, white, born in the south, wealthy af (just does this job to stay busy), so you can guess where his political/social leanings are at.

Last weekend he starts in with one of his rants about the Chinese balloon is full of COVID and various other Fox News crazy. He wraps up with "I just don't understand this world anymore, JD. [pause while I neutrally nod] And that Musk guy, he sure is a piece of work. Don't trust him, no ma'am."

After 2 years of cringing over whatever political subject du jour Colin would bring up, we finally found common ground!

If you’re a right winger and not a Twitter lover then Musk is just the guy that makes the cars that you like to roll coal on

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Libra posted:

Goons are getting so old and out of touch that it's honestly kind of depressing. I only check in on a handful of threads these days but I'm considering dropping SA entirely because it really is becoming a nursing home for early internet posters.

bro here threatening us with a good time and not following through

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm gonna stay a cool, crisp 25 for the next 30 years

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m kind of here for the goon trying desperately to retain his youth through tik tok

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

grittyreboot posted:

I'm gonna stay a cool, crisp 25 for the next 30 years

Me too. Fat don't crack :wink:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Incelshok Na posted:

Me too. Fat don't crack :wink:

But it does stretch.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Nobody here is old enough to laugh at Elon’s memes yet. If he ever elicits a giggle in you it’s time to log off forever though.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m kind of here for the goon trying desperately to retain his youth through tik tok

that me. i just watch the tiktoks though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SpaceAceJase posted:

Hell no. There is a very strict no narking adults allowed here, going around and harshing our buzz!!!

Anyone over twenty three gets logans run'ed! Tis always been our way!!!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

dr_rat posted:

Hell no. There is a very strict no narking adults allowed here, going around and harshing our buzz!!!

Anyone over twenty three gets logans run'ed! Tis always been our way!!!

Someone under 23 wouldn't know about Logan's Run.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Tikitty tokkety get off my property :arghfist::corsair:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SpaceAceJase posted:

Back in my day, sonny, we played NES and we liked it!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I mean I'm 27 so I'm getting old, but a lot of goons were posting here when I was in kindergarten and a good chunk are probably old enough to be my dad, and you never want to hear from people old enough to be your dad.

Hopefully none of them are actually my dad.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zil posted:

Someone under 23 wouldn't know about Logan's Run.

Looks like we got ourselves some elderly nark trying to harsh our buzz right here!

Come on everyone lets go logan runs this old narko here!

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I told my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Mayley that if she didn't treat me better I wasn't coming back.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

SpaceAceJase posted:

Check out my avatar. My skin has more wrinkles and folds than the human brain. I can strum my jowls like a banjo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Libra posted:

But it literally is. What hosed up way do you say it?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
time is the banhammer that permas us all

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm 12

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm having a hard time finding the answer for something and thought maybe I'd ask here.

When you're looking at hybrid cars, is MPG the true MPG that the car actually gets, like the average? Or does it refer to the mileage only when consuming gas?

I was taking a look at the Volvo S60 and how it only gets 35 MPG as a hybrid and I can't help but think that just sucks? My combustion Mazda 3 gets that. Make it make sense?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Bottom Liner posted:

The k is silent it’s pronounced tih tah

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

That's how you pronounce it with your human mouth but not how you type it on an internet website, which is what I'm talking about!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Libra posted:

lmfao what is this

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Libra posted:

That's how you pronounce it with your human mouth but not how you type it on an internet website, which is what I'm talking about!

Your gramps is texting you about tick tock?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sorry I don’t “run on milk crates” and “am gender fluid,” Connor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jelly posted:

I'm having a hard time finding the answer for something and thought maybe I'd ask here.

When you're looking at hybrid cars, is MPG the true MPG that the car actually gets, like the average? Or does it refer to the mileage only when consuming gas?

I was taking a look at the Volvo S60 and how it only gets 35 MPG as a hybrid and I can't help but think that just sucks? My combustion Mazda 3 gets that. Make it make sense?
I don't think it's actually standardised, but MPGe is usually the number cited when including electrical mileage - searching that model and MPGe pulls up a review saying the non-hybrid version gets 35MPG in the city while the hybrid is attributed 74MPGe.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Jelly posted:

If it's not a plug-in hybrid then that's what it is. Most cars that have some externally charged battery have an MPGe rating.

But MPGe is really annoying - there's basically an assumption baked in of how many kWh correspond to a gallon of gas and its an annoying and worthless stat. Cost per mile is usually what actually matters and is comparable for electric and gas components.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 16, 2023

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I sit content on my front porch rocking chair as I scroll through my click clocks

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I had an onion on my belt as was the style of the time

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

27 year old thinks they are young lol how cute

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The predictable is happening, users are saying they're getting banned for blocking Elmo:

https://twitter.com/SeedyZ_/status/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/ZeeGeeADHD/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/balorscry/statu...%5Es2_&ref_url=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
All you young whippersnappers really should respect your elders - without us you wouldn't have such cultural touchstones as the guy loving the pie or nu-metal