Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Hats and a hat collection is the closest I have and will ever have been to caring about fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I have quite a selection of sunglasses though I only ever wear one pair.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I remember 1 guy who made wearing a hat a part of his personality, he slammed a beer on the table so hard it spilled everywhere and was basically asked to leave. Hats in winter, to keep you warm, all about it.

Smug assholes who think they are cool because they wear a hat and can harass people and get away with it, gently caress off.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Yeah I can't stand it when someone thinks a hat is enough to cover their misdeeds

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
My hat just covers my head, which is quite bald. It isn't a fedora but I bet a lot of people think it is because there are so many hat-ignorant fools in today's society.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

radiohead is a kickass band

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

radiohead is a kickass band

I cant imagine not liking Radiohead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Pete Buttigieg is a historically bad politician. It's actually shocking how scandal and incompetence ridden his professional history is, give that it's also extremely short and thin. And yet his career continues. Just a few years ago his biggest achievement in transit was removing a stoplight from an intersection, resulting in the death of a child at that intersection days later. And now he's Transportation Secretary and presiding over a disaster worse than Chernobyl.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Unkempt posted:

It isn't a fedora but I bet a lot of people think it is

Pork pie?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Snowy posted:

Pork pie?

More of a trilby, although it doesn't actually say that on it and my wife bought it for me so it might technically be something else.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is it like big and fluffy? A festival hat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Gripweed posted:

Pete Buttigieg is a historically bad politician. It's actually shocking how scandal and incompetence ridden his professional history is, give that it's also extremely short and thin. And yet his career continues. Just a few years ago his biggest achievement in transit was removing a stoplight from an intersection, resulting in the death of a child at that intersection days later. And now he's Transportation Secretary and presiding over a disaster worse than Chernobyl.

With a resume like this, he's sure to be kicked upstairs to the presidency.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is it like big and fluffy? A festival hat.

:rolleyes: hatters gonna hat

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Does anyone know of a boonie hat suitable for a professional environment? I have a meeting with our contract lawyers and I need to impress while staying true to my Len fandom

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It is very strange that out of all the old children's programs and known IPs that have been brought back for some soulless cash-in reboot, they have avoided the one show which would be most thematically appropriate to reboot for a quick buck, and would even make the most sense in-universe; Freakazoid.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They gotta bring back those movies with Ronald McDonald. I remember the one with the scientist guy making lighting or something, poo poo was dope.

People are always saying not to market to children, but children are the only people who have the good sense to appreciate the aesthetic values of advertising; in many ways children are the greatest art critics.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Gripweed posted:

It is very strange that out of all the old children's programs and known IPs that have been brought back for some soulless cash-in reboot, they have avoided the one show which would be most thematically appropriate to reboot for a quick buck, and would even make the most sense in-universe; Freakazoid.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I always get uncomfortable when the Amazon thing says "arriving by 10PM tonight". Nobody should be doing deliveries that late at night.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

That episode was excellent, and a spinoff in that style would be equally amazing and welcome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Mojito" is pronounced m'djai-toe

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Feb 18, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
this is one of the greatest achievements of filmmaking of the 20th century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfRi-a8hPh0

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Gripweed posted:

this is one of the greatest achievements of filmmaking of the 20th century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfRi-a8hPh0

I haven't seen that in a decade. God drat that's an amazing scene.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The only safety regulations for amusement park rides should be in order to stop people from getting hurt in ways that you wouldn't expect just from looking at the ride. Like, roller coasters shouldn't collapse, there shouldn't be asbestos in darkrides, etc.

But, there should not be rules that prevent amusement parks from building rides like this again.

https://twitter.com/fasc1nate/status/1627374100854239232?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I should sing "Piano Man" in karaoke down the pub tonight. Also the hit song "The Promise You Made" by top band Cock Robin.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I should sing "Piano Man" in karaoke down the pub tonight. Also the hit song "The Promise You Made" by top band Cock Robin.

Why would that be unpopular, those are both bangers

Bold to sing a duet all by yourself tho. Just do The Promise instead it's the same song and you can sing it yourself

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

Why would that be unpopular, those are both bangers

You'ven't heard me sing.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

While I probably should care about George Santos/Anthony DeVolder/whatever and his lies, I really just...don't, particularly. It's more funny to me than exasperating.

To me, lies like "cigarettes don't cause cancer" from tobacco executives are more disturbing than penny-ante Harold Hill poo poo from Santos.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Feb 25, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I hate the term "tech". It shows up a lot these days in sci-fi, some nerd character will be like, "drat, these aliens have some wild tech!" and it loving sucks. Just say technology. Or be a loving adult and make up your own techno babble.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Gripweed posted:

I hate the term "tech". It shows up a lot these days in sci-fi, some nerd character will be like, "drat, these aliens have some wild tech!" and it loving sucks. Just say technology. Or be a loving adult and make up your own techno babble.

I had some insufferable nerd friends in my 20s who constantly used "tech" and "cheese" to refer to technology and ... man, I don't know, cheese is hard to define

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

"drat, these aliens have some wild techno!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The bit in The Office where Kevin drops his chili was unfunny to the point of the wrong kind of secondhand embarrassment.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You just described the entirety of the office

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

One of the problems with AI is that it's a hammer and many of its proponents thinks everything is a nail. In other words, they think that every problem can be solved by just slapping AI into it. Shortage of peons cashier clerks? AI! Too many cars on the road and too much impatience? Obviously the answer isn't public transit and better driver education, but AI-driven cars!

That's great for big tech companies that push this poo poo, and techbros who think that Roko's Basilisk is real. It's not so great for the people who lose their jobs (or their lives if they're piloting an "FSD" Telsa).

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

You just described the entirety of the office

The Office was good when it was the original UK office, or the first seasons copying it. When it turned into some kind of group hug mess, where Michael actually is endearing instead of a twat, it was so bad I could not finish it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

One of the problems with AI is that it's a hammer and many of its proponents thinks everything is a nail. In other words, they think that every problem can be solved by just slapping AI into it. Shortage of peons cashier clerks? AI! Too many cars on the road and too much impatience? Obviously the answer isn't public transit and better driver education, but AI-driven cars!

That's great for big tech companies that push this poo poo, and techbros who think that Roko's Basilisk is real. It's not so great for the people who lose their jobs (or their lives if they're piloting an "FSD" Telsa).

Just become a communist already if you are so worried about the common man and their jobs and welfare.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
both Offices are tedious crap and the only question is who is less enjoyable, Jim or Bilbo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

doverhog posted:

Just become a communist already if you are so worried about the common man and their jobs and welfare.

Already have. :lol: at your post and the text below your picture, though.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Feb 25, 2023

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I was given that AV after some misadventures in CSPAM.

Putin is a war criminal and the only peace in Ukraine worth pursuing is one that happens after Russia is defeated on the field. After that, they have to pay reparations to Ukraine.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The refusal to consider a negotiated settlement to the Russo-Ukrainian war is going to be looked back on as a really bad move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The surrender to Russian aggression would be a worse move.

If someone thinks they can start wars, do war crimes, systematically rape civilians, bomb hospitals, power plants, they are not a power that can be or should be reasoned with.

They must be beaten.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Feb 25, 2023