Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

X JAKK posted:

White Man's Burden:

In this movie, John Travolta speaks in ebonics and struggles to exist as a white man in a society dominated by black people. The film was not a box office success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQWhDvKEiSw

Remake it you cowards

The film that dares to ask the question “would you care about black people if they were white?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

arsenicCatnip posted:

I just assume everything from Bojack Horseman about improv groups being scientology is true

Bob Odenkirk called Second City a cult in his memoir half-jokingly

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All the poor souls starting on their Star Trek descent can use this to get full context in under 10 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_fjhi4Tu5M

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
I like improv.

I listen to a lot of podcasts that are improv and they are consistently good, and the last time I laughed so hard my sides hurt was checking out my friends improv duo. They were the middle team and the first and third teams made me want to jump off a bridge, but my friends team had me in tears.

I guess, like most forms of entertainment, there is a spectrum of good and bad, and the bad stuff can be unbearably bad?

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Only if they include this pivotal scene

https://youtu.be/d-aoBXFWdlU

Trying very hard for that Pulp Fiction-tinted Tarantino dialogue but you don't know any French

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's got the novelty implication of multiple cloned Tom Cruise dicking his wife Olga Kurylenko because movie decided it was okay morally.

(don't whine about spoiler because the statute of limitation has expired)

I watched Oblivion and thought you meant at the same time. :sad:

Oblivion, solid first act, pretty good ending. The middle is very mid even though it does what it needs to in order to connect the beginning and the end I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Oh man, that scene where they're all in the holodeck recreating their abduction freaked me the gently caress out when I was a kid.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Telluric Whistler posted:

Trying very hard for that Pulp Fiction-tinted Tarantino dialogue but you don't know any French

I've always felt that, after trying to kill Uma Thurman at Weinstein's behest, making it mandatory for every hitman/assassin in Film to get their own soliloquy was Tarantino's worst crime.

Vvvvv how many Chris's were in your troupe?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 16, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I can't take it anymore. I did improv once. Took a class and everything. We did a show for family and friends. I'm so ashamed.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yes, and then what happened?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no this is a bank and i'm here to make a deposit

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

We’re closed!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What’s it like to live in this bank?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Murdstone posted:

I can't take it anymore. I did improv once. Took a class and everything. We did a show for family and friends. I'm so ashamed.

So… did you cum, or what?!

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Murdstone posted:

It's okay friend. We played improv games in my theater class all the time, they were actually pretty fun.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mozi posted:

no this is a bank and i'm here to make a deposit
I have full-blown AIDS

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Oblivion, solid first act, pretty good ending. The middle is very mid even though it does what it needs to in order to connect the beginning and the end I guess.

The sound design on those drones loving rules. I wish I had seen it in a theatre just for that

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Murdstone posted:

It’s ok friend we’ve all done questionable things in our life… oh wait you put on an improve show for them?! I thought you just beat them. Sorry, there’s no forgiveness for your crime.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

I have full-blown AIDS

here on quadrulon iv we have a cure for that

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

The thing about improv is that there's just as much good and bad as any other form of comedy, but the bad is so loving embarrassing that it taints the whole concept for people.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Oh man, that scene where they're all in the holodeck recreating their abduction freaked me the gently caress out when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cqzfKhvKs

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Murdstone posted:

I have full-blown AIDS

Yes, and I just a gave you ebola! :dadjoke:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
is Oblivion the one that's a rip-off of Moon?

that one sucked

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Underrated movie and great soundtrack

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

probably the best role Tom Cruise has ever had

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

All the poor souls starting on their Star Trek descent can use this to get full context in under 10 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_fjhi4Tu5M

lol every time

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Endless Trash posted:

probably the best role Tom Cruise has ever had

https://youtu.be/ypXMAIL0p5w

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1625945846385885186

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the thing I remember most about oblivion is andrea riseborough being hilariously thirsty for cruise

I also remember thinking all the major characters should have been at least 10 years younger, maybe 20 for Tom. the movie had real ya novel adaptation energy

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Didn't realize they are still threatening everyone with the I Am Legend sequel.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The dog actor from I Am Legend is still alive :)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I Am Legend, Too

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
continuing my star trek watch through and wtf DS9 has a 3 parter opening season 2??

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Remember when they "spilled" Odo's bucket all over Jake and it was goopy white stuff

lol Odo's cum bucket

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
did any other show even try a 3-parter? I remember loads of 2 parters but they just kinda gave way to serialized tv

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Toxic Mental posted:

Remember when they "spilled" Odo's bucket all over Jake and it was goopy white stuff

lol Odo's cum bucket

that was oatmeal. you just got punked

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I take it they're going with the alternate ending where Will Smith realizes he's the boogeyman for the mutants and not the other way around.

Lol that The Last of Us is such a huge influence on this WB moron. "Apocalypse is cool especially if we do that thing where it's been thirty years so that means we can make a sequel!" One of my coworkers is in his 50s and normally watches old movies on TCM. He mentioned he'd been watching The Last of Us on HBO and I was surprised. He didn't realize it was based off a video game and when I told him his only response was "oh goddammit."

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Constantine and I am Legend are the kind of high-profile mediocrity that inadvertently paved the way for the MCU by being the only alternate

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Endless Trash posted:

The dog actor from I Am Legend is still alive :)

Well, one of the dog actors anyway. Will Smith demanded total realism from the death scene, even when the director assured him over and over it would be out of frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

did any other show even try a 3-parter? I remember loads of 2 parters but they just kinda gave way to serialized tv
x-men the animated series