Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Boner Wad posted:

Can you use a proxy server to download the files?

I think so, I have a server which seems to have some external net access. It may have some things limited like it seems like it can’t access stuff on 443, so perhaps IT has restricted its ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
In the old days it happened that labs got cds or dvds with linux updates in the mail, then installed them on a local repo server machine, and then you update your other machines from that server through the lan. I haven't actually heard of that done since before the first raspberry was built.
The capabilities are probably still there and inherited from debian to raspibian.
On the other hand that is how stuxnet got transmitted, so your IT might still not consider it acceptable.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

VictualSquid posted:

The capabilities are probably still there

Like Debian would ever retire something like that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

All distros allow specifying any mirror you want for updates, it's not really a feature they have to maintain though it's just how the software works.

Most annoying part will be setting up your local mirror.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

xzzy posted:

All distros allow specifying any mirror you want for updates, it's not really a feature they have to maintain though it's just how the software works.

Most annoying part will be setting up your local mirror.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them only allow http/https mirrors, though.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Mirroring can be pretty simple. Install debmirror, create a script to do the mirroring, and Apache/Nginx to share the mirror.

Here's our script.

code:
#!/bin/bash

# When new distro version arrives the keys need to be added
# wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/u/ubuntu-keyring/ubuntu-keyring_2021.03.26_all.deb
# mkdir temp ; mv ubuntu-keyring_2012.05.19_all.deb temp ; cd temp
# dpkg -x ubuntu-keyring_2012.05.19_all.deb .
# gpg --keyring usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg --export | gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg --import

admin-email=email@organization

export PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin
umask 0002
export mlog=/tmp/mirrorbuild.log
[ -s "${mlog}" ] && cat "${mlog}" >> /tmp/mirrorbuild-long.log && > "${mlog}"

printf "\n ### mirrorbuild started   $(date +%F_%T)\n" >> $mlog

# Don't touch the user's keyring, have our own instead
#export GNUPGHOME=/home/reflector

arch=amd64,i386

# Minimum Ubuntu system requires main, restricted # <section>/debian-installer is mandatory for *.udeb packages required for installation
# You can add extra file with $Section/debian-installer. ex: main/debian-installer,universe/debian-installer,multiverse/debian-installer,restricted/debian-installer
section=main,main/debian-installer,universe,universe/debian-installer,restricted,restricted/debian-installer,multiverse,multiverse/debian-installer

# Release=      -d      # Release of the system (...Hardy, Intrepid... Lucid, Precise, Quantal, Saucy, Trusty ), and the -updates and -security ( -backports can be added if desired)
release=xenial,xenial-security,xenial-updates,xenial-backports,bionic,bionic-security,bionic-updates,bionic-backports,focal,focal-security,focal-updates,focal-backports,jammy,jammy-security,jammy-updates,jammy-backports

# Server=       -h      # Server name, minus the protocol and the path at the end
#server=se.archive.ubuntu.com
server=security.ubuntu.com

# Dir=          -r      # Path from the main server, so http://my.web.server/$dir, Server dependant
inPath=/ubuntu

# Proto=        --method=       # Protocol to use for transfer (http, ftp, hftp, rsync)
proto=http

# Outpath=              # Directory to store the mirror in
outPath=/mirror/ubuntu

# The --nosource option only downloads debs and not deb-src's
# The --progress option shows files as they are downloaded
# --source \ in the place of --no-source \ if you want sources also.
# --nocleanup  Do not clean up the local mirror after mirroring is complete. Use this option to keep older repository
# Start script
#
#                --method=$proto --getcontents --verbose \
#-s $section \
debmirror       --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-master-keyring.gpg --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-archive-keyring.gpg \
		--keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg \
		-a $arch -s $section \
                --nosource --diff=mirror \
                -h $server --i18n --include en,se \
                -d $release \
                -r $inPath \
                --method=$proto --getcontents --verbose \
                $outPath >> $mlog  2>&1

if [ $? != 0 ] ; then
  echo "Errorcode = <$?>"
fi

printf "\n ### - debmirror finished $(date +%F_%T)\n" >> $mlog

SHPath=/mirror/shadowtree
REL=$(echo $release | sed 's@,@ @g')
SEC=$(echo $section | sed 's@,@ @g')
SCRIPT="/var/tmp/shadowsync.sh"
SkipFile="/home/reflector/lftp-excludes.lst"

export SHPath REL SEC

# skip this section when this commend is run with argument "test"
if [ ! "x${1}" = xtest ] ; then
  echo "Creating script for running lftp in mirror mode"							>> $mlog

echo "open http://${server}/ubuntu"                                                                            > ${SCRIPT}
  for dir in ${REL} ; do 
    [ -d ${SHPath}/dists/${dir} ] || mkdir ${SHPath}/dists/${dir}
    echo "mirror --continue --delete --exclude-glob-from=${SkipFile} dists/${dir}/ ${SHPath}/dists/${dir}/"     >> ${SCRIPT}
  done
  echo 'close -a'                                                                                               >> ${SCRIPT}

echo "Running lftp"
  lftp -f $SCRIPT												>> $mlog 2>&1

echo "Maintaining symlinks"											>> $mlog

# Purge possible broken (dangling) symlinks
  symlinks -r -d ${outPath} > /dev/null

# Feeling dizzy ...
  for rel in ${REL} ; do 
    export rel
    # by-hash on $release level
    if  [ -d ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/by-hash -a -d ${outPath}/dists/${rel} ] ; then
      if ! [ -e ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/by-hash ] ; then
         ( cd ${outPath}/dists/${rel} && ln -s ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/by-hash . )
      fi
    fi
    for sec in ${SEC} ; do
    export sec
      for bn in binary-amd64 binary-i386 ; do
        export bn 
        # binary-<arch>/by-hash
        if [ -d ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${bn} -a -d ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${bn}/by-hash ] ; then
          if ! [ -e ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${bn}/by-hash ] ; then
            ( cd ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${bn} && ln -s ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${bn}/by-hash . )
          fi
        fi
        # debian-installer/binary-<arch>/by-hash
        if [ -d ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/debian-installer/${bn} -a -d ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/debian-installer/${bn}/by-hash ] ; then
          if ! [ -e ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/debian-installer/${bn}/by-hash ] ; then
            ( cd ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/debian-installer/${bn} && ln -s ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/debian-installer/${bn}/by-hash . )
          fi
        fi
      done
      for dir in  cnf dist-upgrader-all installer-amd64 installer-i386 signed uefi sources ; do
        export dir
        if [ -d ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${dir} -a -d ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec} ] ; then
          if ! [ -e ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${dir} ] ; then
            ( cd ${outPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec} && ln -s ${SHPath}/dists/${rel}/${sec}/${dir} . )
          fi
        fi
      done
    done
  done
fi

printf "\n ### mirrorbuild finished $(date +%F_%T)\n" >> $mlog

if grep -q -e "Can't check signature" -e "No public key" "${mlog}" ; then 
  grep -B1 -e "Can't check signature" -e "No public key" "${mlog}" | mailx -s "Ubuntu mirror server problem" ${admin-email}
fi

unset SHPath REL SEC SCRIPT SkipFile dir rel sec mlog outPath SHPath server release section

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Cool thanks for that! I will try fiddling around with that!

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

VictualSquid posted:

In the old days it happened that labs got cds or dvds with linux updates in the mail, then installed them on a local repo server machine, and then you update your other machines from that server through the lan. I haven't actually heard of that done since before the first raspberry was built.
The capabilities are probably still there and inherited from debian to raspibian.
On the other hand that is how stuxnet got transmitted, so your IT might still not consider it acceptable.

After Solarwinds it's difficult to envision a secure method for distributing updates.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
LTT did a recent video on some good cheap alternatives to an RPi4. But what if I don't need all that processing power, any alternatives to the RPi Zero 2?

Or should I just get a beefy board and just run it really light? I have to admit I could use the extra USB ports....

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Any time I've watched a video or read an article about Pi alternatives, there seems to be a lot more drawbacks than that ltt vid. It seems that they skimmed over a lot of the software/os issues.
I only half watched the video while doing something else though so who am I to judge eh?
It'd be great to have a wider selection of well supported options though. Maybe that'll be the silver lining after a multi year shortage

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Roundboy posted:

LTT did a recent video on some good cheap alternatives to an RPi4. But what if I don't need all that processing power, any alternatives to the RPi Zero 2?

Or should I just get a beefy board and just run it really light? I have to admit I could use the extra USB ports....

Radxa Zero and Banana Pi BPI-M2 ZERO are form factor equivalents. Radxa has a lot larger ram options and good EMMC, Banana Pi is basically the Pi Zero 2. Libre Le Potato that LTT covered is your inexpensive USB heavy option with the full size Pi footprint, the Zeros just have OTG ports that you can throw a hub on.

The fun part is finding out if it will work for what you need. Radxa works for Klipper which is what was important to me, but Klipper runs on basically anything standard linux, probably the same for the Banana Pi BPI-M2 Zero.

Adolf Glitter posted:

Any time I've watched a video or read an article about Pi alternatives, there seems to be a lot more drawbacks than that ltt vid. It seems that they skimmed over a lot of the software/os issues.
I only half watched the video while doing something else though so who am I to judge eh?
It'd be great to have a wider selection of well supported options though. Maybe that'll be the silver lining after a multi year shortage

Yeah there's a lot of that and specifically "Good Luck" on a lot of guides if you use something other than the Pi boards that they seemed to just ignore and did a hardware comparison.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 16, 2023

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What's the best pi-equiv with an x86?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
https://hackerboards.com/

The viable Pi alternative far predates the supply chain shortage, but community support has also always been an issue

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

MikeJF posted:

Rock Pi X if they are still being made.

LattePanda looks like they are still going.

Edit: Rock Pi X is discontinued

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just to double check, how do the pins in these usually line up?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Red line is pin 1 (iirc it's been a wee while)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/connectors/data_storage/ide-internal/

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cool, thanks

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Well.. I didn't think I'd get here, but does anybody have any recommendations or positive (hah) experiences with RPi scalpers? I need a couple CM4's and have a project that's just dead in the water without them. Specifically ones w/o wifi or emmc, but I'm flexible on memory. Ideally no more than $100 ea but, ugh...

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Rescue Toaster posted:

Well.. I didn't think I'd get here, but does anybody have any recommendations or positive (hah) experiences with RPi scalpers? I need a couple CM4's and have a project that's just dead in the water without them. Specifically ones w/o wifi or emmc, but I'm flexible on memory. Ideally no more than $100 ea but, ugh...

I haven't bought them from anyone except pimoroni or the pi hut (and at the time they were just bundlers, not outright scalpers). There's some super basic ones on amazon for $75 with no wifi or emmc with only 1GB:
https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Compute-0GB-eMMC-Heatsink-Connector/dp/B0B6VKYF58/

The one star reviews seem to be pointing out that they are low configuration models with nothing added. Since it's a prime seller you'd be able to return it easily if it had a problem, and they show it being available to deliver tomorrow to me (east coast US).

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

MikeJF posted:

You wanna buy my ZimaBoard?

The kernel keeps locking up when I do hardware h.264 transcoding and even though I'm sure it's software, I don't have time to debug it.

I'll sell it at a steep discount to a goon.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bondematt posted:

Radxa Zero and Banana Pi BPI-M2 ZERO are form factor equivalents. Radxa has a lot larger ram options and good EMMC, Banana Pi is basically the Pi Zero 2. Libre Le Potato that LTT covered is your inexpensive USB heavy option with the full size Pi footprint, the Zeros just have OTG ports that you can throw a hub on.

The fun part is finding out if it will work for what you need. Radxa works for Klipper which is what was important to me, but Klipper runs on basically anything standard linux, probably the same for the Banana Pi BPI-M2 Zero.

Yeah there's a lot of that and specifically "Good Luck" on a lot of guides if you use something other than the Pi boards that they seemed to just ignore and did a hardware comparison.

I roo want to use it for klipper but I am looking into virtual/docker server to hold my backend stuff, but I still need bare minimum for running the actual printer. But, I also need good overhead to actual handle multiple USB cameras

And a pi hole, and home automation , and cnc, etc

Mantle
May 15, 2004

MikeJF posted:

To do what? If you just want to do home server and pihole type stuff I like a Synology device that has support for docker. I got an old 2 bay one for free but you can probably find one for less than $200 and it will do your NAS duties too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mantle posted:

To do what? If you just want to do home server and pihole type stuff I like a Synology device that has support for docker. I got an old 2 bay one for free but you can probably find one for less than $200 and it will do your NAS duties too.

Linux box that can run Zoom (native bins only exist for x86 nix) that will sit hooked up to a TV.

cruft posted:

You wanna buy my ZimaBoard?

The kernel keeps locking up when I do hardware h.264 transcoding and even though I'm sure it's software, I don't have time to debug it.

I'll sell it at a steep discount to a goon.

Would that be appropriate? Shipping to Oz might be too much of a bother though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh great I think my Pi Zero W has fried, so so much for that little static-display project. Ain't gonna be able to get a replacement any time soon.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Linux box that can run Zoom (native bins only exist for x86 nix) that will sit hooked up to a TV.

Would that be appropriate? Shipping to Oz might be too much of a bother though.

Yeah, it has HDMI out up to 4k. It's a neat little box.

Shipping to Australia, dunno. I've been told it's a huge pain, never tried it. Maybe someone else ITT can advise.

Buying a used one of those old HP or Dell boxes that are a little bigger than a slice of bread might be your pro move.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

cruft posted:

Yeah, it has HDMI out up to 4k. It's a neat little box.

Shipping to Australia, dunno. I've been told it's a huge pain, never tried it. Maybe someone else ITT can advise.

Buying a used one of those old HP or Dell boxes that are a little bigger than a slice of bread might be your pro move.

Another keyword to search is Lenovo Tiny. An old one with 8gb ram is about $100.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cruft posted:

Yeah, I wanted a rpi4 for a low-heat desktop and, due to shortages and scalpers, ended up buying a refurbed Dell Wyse 5070 and sticking a bunch of ram and storage in, instead. They're thin clients, but will run Windows and Linux fine.

There's Pentium (mine) and Celeron variants but they're otherwise the same. It worked out so well, I snagged another to replace a rpi2 with increasing stability problems.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I have a Dell thinclient for an extra linux computer and it's a lot easier to deal with than an RPi, since it's is x86 it can run anything. If you don't need GPIO, an actual computer is usually going to be better than a pi.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Raspberry Pi: yeah we're pretty much all on desktops again

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If I get something like this but want to situate it away from the pi, how would I connect the pins to the gpio headers?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Cojawfee posted:

I have a Dell thinclient for an extra linux computer and it's a lot easier to deal with than an RPi, since it's is x86 it can run anything. If you don't need GPIO, an actual computer is usually going to be better than a pi.

Also you can always pair up an SBC with a microcontroller/Arduino, and get GPIO that way.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MikeJF posted:

If I get something like this but want to situate it away from the pi, how would I connect the pins to the gpio headers?

If you want to do it really janky you could solder onto those pogo pins, or underneath them. Since that would damage a nice board, I'd probably get a piece of perfboard, make a hole in the corner that matches the standoff on that thing so it can screw into place, then solder some jumper wires on the perfboard that can plug into the header on the Pi (so whatever length you want).

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

ante posted:

Raspberry Pi: yeah we're pretty much all on desktops again

nice one

I probably should describe my experience with the ZimaBoard:

Works great. Faster than the RPi4. I'm getting some stupid lock-up associated with hardware video transcoding so I switched back to the RPi4, which uses 1/3 the power to fail to transcode videos realtime the same way the ZimaBoard would fail to. But maybe I can get a newer kernel on it someday.

Anyhow if small form factor and low(er) power use is important, this seems like a totally workable option. Cruft recommended.

Olly the Otter
Jul 22, 2007
I need some help. A vendor sent us a prototype of something that's loaded on one of these:
https://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi/cm4008032/rpi-compute-module-4-8gb-ram-32gb/dp/40AJ6746

They also sent us absolutely nothing in the way of instructions. All we have is the device. So the first order of business is to make a backup of whatever OS image is already loaded. I want to do this before we even boot it up, so that in case we mess something up, we can restore it to the original state.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to mount the storage for external reading/writing. I've tried to follow this guide:
https://www.interelectronix.com/installing-raspberry-pi-os-raspberry-compute-module-4.html

I believe we put the jumper in the right place; and we connected the Pi's USB slave port to my computer and supplied power to the Pi, and I ran the "rpiboot" command on my computer. But all I get is this:

code:
RPIBOOT: build-date Feb 24 2023 version 20221215~105525 864863bc
Waiting for BCM2835/6/7/2711...
And the Pi's storage never shows up as a USB device on my computer.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I've worked a bit with Raspberry Pi's in the past, but they always had an SD-card. So I'd just remove the SD-card and put it in a USB SD-card reader, which worked fine. But this Raspberry Compute Module 4 with built-in flash storage is new to me, and I'm a bit at a loss as to how to work with it.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Good thread title

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Olly the Otter posted:

I need some help. A vendor sent us a prototype of something that's loaded on one of these:
https://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi/cm4008032/rpi-compute-module-4-8gb-ram-32gb/dp/40AJ6746

They also sent us absolutely nothing in the way of instructions. All we have is the device. So the first order of business is to make a backup of whatever OS image is already loaded. I want to do this before we even boot it up, so that in case we mess something up, we can restore it to the original state.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to mount the storage for external reading/writing. I've tried to follow this guide:
https://www.interelectronix.com/installing-raspberry-pi-os-raspberry-compute-module-4.html

I believe we put the jumper in the right place; and we connected the Pi's USB slave port to my computer and supplied power to the Pi, and I ran the "rpiboot" command on my computer. But all I get is this:

code:
RPIBOOT: build-date Feb 24 2023 version 20221215~105525 864863bc
Waiting for BCM2835/6/7/2711...
And the Pi's storage never shows up as a USB device on my computer.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I've worked a bit with Raspberry Pi's in the past, but they always had an SD-card. So I'd just remove the SD-card and put it in a USB SD-card reader, which worked fine. But this Raspberry Compute Module 4 with built-in flash storage is new to me, and I'm a bit at a loss as to how to work with it.

I haven't messed with every weird boot config so take this with a grain of salt. Also the information is a little confusing.
The second stage boot loader can be configured to check for usbboot or not, however this is separate from the nRPIBOOT gpio. So they might have disabled this, but it shouldn't technically prevent usbboot.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/raspberry-pi.html#raspberry-pi-4-bootloader-configuration

The first stage boot room is what checks the nRPIBOOT gpio, and can enter something called 'USB device boot' which I think is implied to be usbboot. But for some reason they didn't use the same language for it they used in the second stage bootloader. It also mentions 'recovery.bin' here and automatically updating the SPI eeprom which is kind of odd.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/raspberry-pi.html#raspberry-pi-4-boot-flow

Also, if they enabled secure boot and burned the OTP flags you will not be able to do anything even if you get it into RPIBOOT mode, because you cannot change the EEPROM configuration and you cannot load the kernel for usb device mode into ram.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Good thread title

Trying to make a cat food control system because I have one cat who needs special $$$ food and two cats who LOVE special $$$ food.

Here are my two cats

Honda (the one who does not need the $$$ food)

Lucy (who does)

Based on the similarities in their appearance (or the state of individual animal detection), does anyone think it's feasible to have a RPi4 2Gb identify whether a given cat in front of a webcam is Honda or Lucy and then execute an action (basically activate a servo)?

My other option is to go hog wild with some frankenstein RFID system and see if a collar will work or pay to get a cat chipped.

Edit: Getting creative here, I could also put a reflector on a collar and it looks like I can scan a photo the webcam takes for that colour maybe using Pillow's ImagePallette module?

tuyop fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 27, 2023

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I don't have a clue about how well face recognition actually works on animals, but you could actually test it really easily. Take a few pictures of each cat, then use the command line tool from https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition and see how it does on a new picture not in the training set. If it does well, you should be able to wire up that library (or the Go equivalent https://github.com/Kagami/go-face if you prefer Go) pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

I don't have a clue about how well face recognition actually works on animals, but you could actually test it really easily. Take a few pictures of each cat, then use the command line tool from https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition and see how it does on a new picture not in the training set. If it does well, you should be able to wire up that library (or the Go equivalent https://github.com/Kagami/go-face if you prefer Go) pretty easily.

I petsit as a hobby business and have tons of photos of my dog clients, and Google Photos very frequently gets them all wrong. As in, they are identified as dogs in the photo, but dogs that aren't even the same colour will be tagged as the same dog. It would be great if you could beat that!