Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Congrats!

I'm at T101 and bought the 100m farm row already, and lava spheres put me just over my second 100m. I'm trying to decide between storehouse and just climbing tower levels. Inventory doesn't seem to be as big a deal after T100.

Maybe I'll beeline for T110 first and upgrade orchard.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Hobojim posted:

Congrats!

I'm at T101 and bought the 100m farm row already, and lava spheres put me just over my second 100m. I'm trying to decide between storehouse and just climbing tower levels. Inventory doesn't seem to be as big a deal after T100.

Maybe I'll beeline for T110 first and upgrade orchard.

Thoughts?

How are you at T101 and don't have the 1bn farm row? Or do you mean 100billion?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

How are you at T101 and don't have the 1bn farm row? Or do you mean 100billion?

Sorry, those M's are B's lol

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Took the plunge and bought the 3rd and 4th Autocraft slots, as masteries are my big need now. Twine and Rope are pretty much welded into 1 and 2; trying out Wood Plank and Sturdy Shield for now, as I can always dump the shields onto my raptors.

Lurking Loach
Feb 13, 2023

In the weeds, watching you post
I'm sitting here planting cucumbers, gathering flowers, and admiring the incredibly wholesome community with only the vaguest knowledge that around the corner, out of view, a vast and endless pit that hungers for corn and twine waits in ambush.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lurking Loach posted:

I'm sitting here planting cucumbers, gathering flowers, and admiring the incredibly wholesome community with only the vaguest knowledge that around the corner, out of view, a vast and endless pit that hungers for corn and twine waits in ambush.

The Palestine, Ohio planet catastrophe?

Lurking Loach
Feb 13, 2023

These meta events are getting out of hand!

I'm going to find the cog this woman wants if it means the extinction of bait worms, so help me

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Well what is your name?

Lurking Loach
Feb 13, 2023

Oh, I put myself in the spreadsheet but didn't want to outright ask for anything out of fear for the life of my inventory. Also the chickens might get upset, they still think we're running a low-magic setting

Farmer name is Myddral

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Spend that gold.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I’m at crafting 93 and it’s so slow to level. Anything I can do to push it along faster? :(

Lurking Loach
Feb 13, 2023

H110Hawk posted:

Spend that gold.

Gold has been spent, thank you for the offerings!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xeras posted:

I’m at crafting 93 and it’s so slow to level. Anything I can do to push it along faster? :(

Pipes / lanterns / drums / guitars

That’s pretty much how I did it.

Also items in the craft works don’t give exp

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

The difference between "pet cow" and "feed pig" is enough that I feel really bad for sending Cow 195 to the slaugherhouse but no problems sending Pig 87 to the butcher.

So I'm adventuring in the Forrest to get hides to turn into leather instead of killing a few cows.

Not that it matters, since I finshed the Pirate Cove questline and immediately faceplanted into "A Wall in the Way."

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Twincityhacker posted:

The difference between "pet cow" and "feed pig" is enough that I feel really bad for sending Cow 195 to the slaugherhouse but no problems sending Pig 87 to the butcher.

So I'm adventuring in the Forrest to get hides to turn into leather instead of killing a few cows.

Not that it matters, since I finshed the Pirate Cove questline and immediately faceplanted into "A Wall in the Way."

Don't worry, soon enough your quest log will be full of only quests that need a large quantity of rare drops, exchange center only items, wishing well trades, or corn. I'd advise not rushing through Wall in the Way, as you'll end up needing to deal with Jundland desert drops in large quantities as well, and clicking to explore that many times is a giant drag.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh, there's a new Extra Wishes 2 item in the Farm Supply. 250 Gold seems steep, though. Might just get the 2nd Orchard expansion and grumble as my bonus fruits are being voided. No idea.

Jhet posted:

Don't worry, soon enough your quest log will be full of only quests that need a large quantity of rare drops, exchange center only items, wishing well trades, or corn. I'd advise not rushing through Wall in the Way, as you'll end up needing to deal with Jundland desert drops in large quantities as well, and clicking to explore that many times is a giant drag.

Looking ahead, doesn't Wall in the Way give an item that eventually helps with Jundland fuckery?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Jhet posted:

I think I'm already there. The last few quests Intruder Beware after I got enough gold fish went by real quick, even looking for the Model Ship.

The only other questlines I have are the "get these pets to level six" quests, and I'm working towards getting the pets with helpful drops first. I think Red Dragon is the last one for now, until I raise my skills higher.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

widespread posted:

So uh, there's a new Extra Wishes 2 item in the Farm Supply. 250 Gold seems steep, though. Might just get the 2nd Orchard expansion and grumble as my bonus fruits are being voided. No idea.

Looking ahead, doesn't Wall in the Way give an item that eventually helps with Jundland fuckery?

It does give you the item you need to finish the other quest that gives you the blueprint. Same item can drop, but it's two quest lines. It's just the Wall in the Way quest is to make up for the super low drop rate of that crest.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

finally after like two weeks of farming nothing but radishes i got a runestone 7 to drop. all i had left to get was 10, and wouldnt you know it i get it with the first snail i toss in the wishing well

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Jhet posted:

It does give you the item you need to finish the other quest that gives you the blueprint. Same item can drop, but it's two quest lines. It's just the Wall in the Way quest is to make up for the super low drop rate of that crest.

Yep. Wall IV eases Jundland, but also requires so much Jundland exploration that you may well get the Crest while accumulating all the Spools of Copper, like I did.

That's the first major stage of Wall. The second is Wall VIII (the Piece of Heart) and XII (the Gold Potato) that were Crest-level assholes to complete before the mercy system debuted.

The other thing is that while Glacier Lake is very nice to have, it's not as big of an upgrade as Pirate's Cove or Lake Minerva were at the time you unlocked them. If you smash into a mega-rare wall on the way there (har har pun intended), no shame in letting the Temple do its thing now and focusing on other lines.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I finally got enough Jundland drops for WITW 4. I didn't find the crest before finishing that quest, but I did craft two detectors from a single blueprint!

And thus I am back grinding for herbs and making wine for Thomas' quests.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh how many cucumbers do i need to harvest to get the rune stone...

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

hambeet posted:

ugh how many cucumbers do i need to harvest to get the rune stone...

Assuming you’re hambeet in game, I just sent you some breakfast boosts. Should let you harvest cucumbers instantly.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rafikki posted:

Assuming you’re hambeet in game, I just sent you some breakfast boosts. Should let you harvest cucumbers instantly.

yes you did! oh thank you. that might help. let's give it a whirl.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rafikki posted:

omg you're the best

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

hambeet posted:

omg you're the best

:hfive:

Anyone else that needs any of the meals, just post.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

rafikki posted:

:hfive:

Anyone else that needs any of the meals, just post.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Radishes.

Too slow to work with breakfast boost, and even with all the perks it's 1 minute. Only way to get RS7 besides pets and well, and the only way to get them that doesn't give you other runestones.

I was behind on 6's but when cooking came around a few runs of cucumbers easily fixed that deficit. Before then I was tossing max RS5s into the well daily. I do a ton of exploring in misty for straw/wood/ferns so I'm always near full on 5's.

I could get 8s from using LNs at small pond and then tossing those in the well but that feels like a waste of nets and tosses.

I'm just going to have to sit here clicking harvest/plant on radishes every minute to get 7s, aren't I?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

So I had a UO moment. Is there nothing from having me make two farming accounts, esp with vpn?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Barreft posted:

So I had a UO moment. Is there nothing from having me make two farming accounts, esp with vpn?

don't do it. they're onto that poo poo

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Yah my son got caught transferring gold between an alt and his main. They were cool about it though. Just made him delete the alt.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Barreft posted:

Yeah, they actively disallow having alts to feed your main, and anytime any sort of thing like gold or APs get too degenerate with people trying to do it anyway, they further restrict the types of accounts you are able to transfer them between.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah I wouldn't, not like its a pvp game back when I was 15.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This was whack

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why did you continue to guess the numbers you knew were there?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

why did you continue to guess the numbers you knew were there?

Yeah, its...

Guess #1: 0-1-2-3
Guess #2: 4-5-6-7
Guess #3: 8-9-whatever number you want for placement-whatever number you want for placement

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

obi_ant posted:

Yeah, its...

Guess #1: 0-1-2-3
Guess #2: 4-5-6-7
Guess #3: 8-9-whatever number you want for placement-whatever number you want for placement

... gently caress, I was doing 1-2-3-4 to 5-6-7-8 to 9-0-9-0.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bleh, not a fan of transistors and pear grease. Give us the 10x APs.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Once you have any yellow/blue answers you have a Monty Hall problem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

You want to maximize the number of guesses made in a given turn. So 1234, 5678 yields the most guesses in 2 turns. Now if you have any yellows first move those to new positions and guess 90 in formerly yellow spots. I also do that with blues - to simultaneously detect duplicate blue numbers and see if I get any yellow 90. After that I do process of elimination.

Even with 3 yellows I still force 90 in the third guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm so lost at what to do

83 Farming/86 Fish/92 Craft/80 Explore.

Grapes seem like a waste. I have the iron/nails perk.
Farm RPG help is saying buy a loving macaw but that's 400mil and I can make maybe 100mil a day if I get another nice people sending me OJ