Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
some folks thought i was trying to have an IK actually moderate this thread when i requested gojm get crowned. they were wrong, and the chaos ik status shall remain even when this thread is dead and forgotten again now that another honeypot thread has been opened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
also gojm you can probe mods fyi. just so you know. what you do with this power is up to you

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
:imunfunny:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

i loving dare you motherfucker

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

poo poo, literal poo poo rained down on this poor thread for days, like a new biblical plague, I'm so loving sorry dadchat

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Pirate Radar posted:

The last 200+ posts leave me more convinced than ever that one of us is going to eat a person someday

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Staluigi posted:

poo poo, literal poo poo rained down on this poor thread for days, like a new biblical plague, I'm so loving sorry dadchat

its my fault

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Explain yourself. Explain how you could live on a rez and not have the same broad grandiloquent conclusions as I do about everything. Fritz I'm sitting here so shocked my balls flew off. Just pow there was a sound like a firecracker and they flew off, right into the sunset,

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

GoutPatrol posted:

a quick google search...eh I could just buy a big trifle at costco and it would be 99% the same.

Ok let's get to this

this was actually a request for blan manje which I appreciate for being very easy. Extremely low time investment for what you get and how much people enjoy it at parties, it just feels classier than it is

1 Can evaporated milk
1 Can condensed milk
1 Can coconut milk
1 Can fruit cocktail (optional, see below)
Vanilla extract
Coconut extract
2 packs unflavored gelatin
1/4 Cup hot water
Salt

Instructions:

Mix the can of evaporated milk, condensed milk and coconut milk together.

IS IT FOR KIDS OR DO YOU REALLY LIKE FRUIT COCKTAIL? Add the can of fruit cocktail, otherwise substitute a half a cup of a citrusy juice to keep the tang, or just omit

Add vanilla and coconut extract and a pinch of salt

Mix

Now make the gelatin mixture: mix 2 packs of gelatin with a 1/4 cup of hot water–not boiling

Add gelatin mixture to the rest

Mix some more

IS IT NOT FOR KIDS? add rum, a little for seasoning, more to just make it an alcoholic dessert like the classy caribbean version of jello shots

Pour into serving glasses and refrigerate 4 hours

Serve

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pull UP, Selec!!!

Is what I would have said last night if I wasn't unjustly probed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mellow Seas posted:

I'm down to talk some poo poo about gas station food.

I'm an extremely frequent customer of Cumberland Farms. I get food from there like [not saying] times a week.

Like, I would love it if I could stop at the cute little corner diner across the street for breakfast, but sorry, I need this sausage egg and cheese on a bagel now because I'm already 10 minutes late for work, and also it costs half as much, so it's really fine that it's 40% as good.

They have this poo poo, breakfast pizza, yeah? It's just fuckin' nuts.

Hey, everybody dies eventually.

gas station food is pretty good here at circle k (former statoil, when they already had quality food). it’s easily the best hotdog in the capital, and like a top 10 burger

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

bad. i'm working 12-hour shifts in the central govt response atm

ouch, take care

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

we used to just hate mods for being mods around here not need a whole analysis

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I don't know or care about fritz or whatever they do on a reservation I just know they are dumb as poo poo for being a mod so anything else they are doing is probably also stupid.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I don't know or care about fritz or whatever they do on a reservation I just know they are dumb as poo poo for being a mod so anything else they are doing is probably also stupid.

It’s weird to read your articulate, measured posts in a couple LotR threads then read this here. Not bad or anything, just weird. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you shitpost.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Judgy Fucker posted:

It’s weird to read your articulate, measured posts in a couple LotR threads then read this here. Not bad or anything, just weird. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you shitpost.

you’re right in that woodrow has consistently avoided the barrel

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Is that $1 billion Amazon LOTR TV show worth watching if you only have maybe an hour or so a week to devote to it and you are a medium LOTR fan at best who mostly just liked the movies, read The Hobbit and part of the Silmarillion 20 years ago, and never saw the Hobbit movies?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is that $1 billion Amazon LOTR TV show worth watching if you only have maybe an hour or so a week to devote to it and you are a medium LOTR fan at best who mostly just liked the movies, read The Hobbit and part of the Silmarillion 20 years ago, and never saw the Hobbit movies?

Watch the Game of Thrones spin-off instead. You're in for a treat. If by treat you mean "old man doing his best to make everyone happy and it all falls apart", but, you know.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rappaport posted:

Watch the Game of Thrones spin-off instead. You're in for a treat. If by treat you mean "old man doing his best to make everyone happy and it all falls apart", but, you know.

I liked GOT a lot, but the last season and part of season 7 were pretty meh.

Should I actually watch House of the Dragon? Is the season over and we can watch the whole thing?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I liked GOT a lot, but the last season and part of season 7 were pretty meh.

Should I actually watch House of the Dragon? Is the season over and we can watch the whole thing?

It ends in a cliff-hanger, SPOILER ALERT, but it's a very good show and doesn't do any of that... Stupid stuff with the later seasons of GoT. Look man I can't spell this out much further without spoiling it, it's a good show, it has great actors doing good work, and there's Matt Daymon! You will love it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i'm the sort of person with 10 hours of annual tv budget, and people well aware of that have given me recommended me the bezos of the rings with flying colours

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Rings of Power is extremely mid. My anecdotal experience is people who are less familiar with the source material will enjoy it more. If your TV time is limited you can probably skip it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm currently rewatching Patriot and everyone should watch it.

Patriot and Barry are like sides of the same coine

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rappaport posted:

It ends in a cliff-hanger, SPOILER ALERT, but it's a very good show and doesn't do any of that... Stupid stuff with the later seasons of GoT. Look man I can't spell this out much further without spoiling it, it's a good show, it has great actors doing good work, and there's Matt Daymon! You will love it.

Cool. Thanks.

My next job is convincing the wife to go for it. She liked GoT, but wasn't super interested in the spinoff (neither was I to be fair).

I tried to make the case for West World as our next show, but it was her turn and I failed to convince her away from Bridgerton.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cool. Thanks.

My next job is convincing the wife to go for it. She liked GoT, but wasn't super interested in the spinoff (neither was I to be fair).

I tried to make the case for West World as our next show, but it was her turn and I failed to convince her away from Bridgerton.

It has Matt Daemon! Your lady isn't an unfeeling robot, is she?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rappaport posted:

It has Matt Daemon! Your lady isn't an unfeeling robot, is she?

The Worst Doctor. Slovenly, drunken hobo-rear end looking motherfucker, Rory carried those years.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lib and let die posted:

The Worst Doctor. Slovenly, drunken hobo-rear end looking motherfucker, Rory carried those years.

Uh. The best doctor.

But yeah team Rory

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

I have never seen a Doctor who and I never will :colbert:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rappaport posted:

I have never seen a Doctor who and I never will :colbert:

This is, frankly, an unacceptably brutal misogyny.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I've seen maybe 5 minutes of Doctor Who but I do know the original theme song is a rad piece of archaic electronica.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

Uh. The best doctor.

:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwoWo4ChYuQ

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Oh poo poo yeah he was so good too.

Ok. Him then matt.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

This is, frankly, an unacceptably brutal misogyny.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Rappaport posted:

If by treat you mean "old man doing his best to make everyone happy and it all falls apart", but, you know.

Epic High Five posted:

Hail to the King

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

Oh poo poo yeah he was so good too.

Ok. Him then matt.

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Judgy Fucker posted:

get you a man that can do both

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1626230946021113856

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao that the people operating the train don't even get to know if something is hosed until a dispatcher decides they should know

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lib and let die posted:

lmao that the people operating the train don't even get to know if something is hosed until a dispatcher decides they should know

Well yes but what do the quarterly profits look like? What do the executive bonuses look like? Have you considered money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well yes but what do the quarterly profits look like? What do the executive bonuses look like? Have you considered money?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck