Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Switch doesn't have the Expansion Pak, it's clearly not powerful enough to run DK64

E: But also it's probably because of stuff like the Rareware Coin and the two old Rare games in it that they technically wouldn't have the rights to anymore, but I think Microsoft would be pretty open for it considering they put out Goldeneye on the service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Rare and Nintendo coins are fuckers to get. But most of the rest of the game is honestly fine. Beaver Bother 2 is notoriously hosed but the first one wasn't too hard, I'm sure there's a trick to it.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Having to beat the original Donkey Kong arcade game not once but twice in order to get the Nintendo Coin in DK64 is the worst thing in any Nintendo game

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Volte posted:

Having to beat the original Donkey Kong arcade game not once but twice in order to get the Nintendo Coin in DK64 is the worst thing in any Nintendo game

That's why I never finished it lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It wouldn't be so bad if they gave you more lives

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's also potentially stuck in Rare/Microsoft licensing purgatory, so you may not see it on Switch.

Rare Replay ft DK64 & Diddy Kong Racing seems like a slamdunk win for MS to make some money

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Microsoft would probably let them on N64flix if Nintendo let them release them on Game Pass lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah the Nintendo Coin was the one loving thing in DK64 I couldn't get. Absolute dickhole move to make it required for reaching the final boss

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
virtual console would let you use save states at least

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Personally I think it's fine if veeg never plays another n64 game ever again

yeah, more time for croc legend of the gobbos

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Arent we all sort of forgetting what Year it is anyway????

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The fortnite dataminer I follow for videos on what they find in the latest fortnite updates put out a video saying they want to bring more content to their YouTube channel so they will stretch out what they found in the latest update. He used to put out a video the same day showing all the easy to find changes then another video later in the week with harder to find files or small changes.

So far he has put out 2 videos with no datamine information. :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
honestly if i tried to spend an entire year only playing one genre I'd probably lose my mind

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

The fortnite dataminer I follow for videos on what they find in the latest fortnite updates put out a video saying they want to bring more content to their YouTube channel so they will stretch out what they found in the latest update. He used to put out a video the same day showing all the easy to find changes then another video later in the week with harder to find files or small changes.

So far he has put out 2 videos with no datamine information. :negative:

Maybe you will have to wait a fortnight for the next.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also tough collecting and needing a big coin...hmmm. I may play it considering so many have said I should.

I do have it on my WiiU I think - or at least I can get it if needs be. :hai:

I am at least thinking about it. Not before Banjo-Tooie though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Forever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It came out before Banjo-Tooie if that makes any difference? The Rare N64 platformers in release order go Banjo-Kazooie - Donkey Kong 64 - Banjo-Tooie - Conker’s Bad Fur Day. I mean I don’t mind either way but I dunno if you would prefer to do it in that order or not

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 10th Anniversary of the 30th Anniversary of Luigi

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Also tough collecting and needing a big coin...hmmm. I may play it considering so many have said I should.

ugh fine

As long as you agree to play Twilight Princess and Okami back to back (either order) so you can compare them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

idk if you're interested in 100% but if you do play dk64, there's a bug on the water level (gloomy galleon) that makes it much harder to get a specific banana after getting a specific ability. it's the one that involves shooting a robot fish's heart if you wait until you have the sniper scope

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

ugh fine

As long as you agree to play Twilight Princess and Okami back to back (either order) so you can compare them

Oh yeah I have a lot to play before I hit DK64. It was not on my list before, but is now. Same with Banjo-Tooie. I added that as well. Okami and Twilight Princess and the FFs and a few others I wish to see first :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

Turns out its the Year of the 3D Collectathon, sorry I don't make the rules

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unless Veeg is super into the 64 warts and all, I wouldn't recommend DK64.

It represents all of the worst aspects of a collect-a-thon from that era, with waaaaay too many things to collect to beat the game.

Like... it's an experience, but yall better be prepared for what that experience represents.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Banjo Three-ie imminent

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

Turns out its the Year of the 3D Collectathon, sorry I don't make the rules

*furiously shuffling through my video game astrology charts* no... no.nonono... how could I get it so wrong????

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Infinitum posted:

It represents all of the worst aspects of a collect-a-thon from that era, with waaaaay too many things to collect to beat the game.

Like... it's an experience, but yall better be prepared for what that experience represents.

I've tried to explain this but well here we are. I'll take the L, he can find out for himself.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looper posted:

idk if you're interested in 100% but if you do play dk64, there's a bug on the water level (gloomy galleon) that makes it much harder to get a specific banana after getting a specific ability. it's the one that involves shooting a robot fish's heart if you wait until you have the sniper scope

It's not too hard to work around, but if you don't, it's not just harder, it's impossible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

I assure you I am fully prepared for the experience :getin:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Why do you think I’m tryna make it happen lmao. I wanna see a man stretched to his limit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

hey now you might need two coins requiring some skill at retro games but you also only need half the golden bananas, vs banjo tooie where you need 70 out of 90 and have to really jump through hoops for some of them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

I've tried to explain this but well here we are. I'll take the L, he can find out for himself.

It's not that it's bad bad.

It's just that it's bland and there's too much of it.

Rarity posted:

I assure you I am fully prepared for the experience :getin:

Escobarbarian posted:

Why do you think I’m tryna make it happen lmao. I wanna see a man stretched to his limit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think veeg would probably be fine with the Nintendo Coin given his 2D platforming skillz

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Please stop trying to make VG play one video game for the rest of his life

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

kept you waiting huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_wFbWkUgD4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

He's already said he's going to play FF14 tho

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Should play FIFA 14 instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Should play FIFA 14 instead

was that the one where you could score like 30 yard finesse shots