Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cunk on Earth is funny but Netflix is making it very difficult to watch

Edit: or maybe it’s just Netflix’s Roku app.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm noticing a trend with Apple shows where the more big name stars they throw money at to be in them, the more likely the show will be poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QP-xrG0kZk

This looks like too much

Edit: Reminds me of a more serious of Years and Years on HBO, which was terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY41jhIP_xI

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 15, 2023

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm noticing a trend with Apple shows where the more big name stars they throw money at to be in them, the more likely the show will be poo poo

This looks like too much

Maybe it's better in the actual show, but jesus that writing is bad. The bear analogy made me wince, and it got worse from there.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Trailer Park Boys is always a great Netflix watch, chill, decent, funny but God drat am I getting tired of Bubbles by like season 7. He's just like the goofy Minion mascot of this series and it's usually more lame and annoying than funny. Prefer it when he was used more in smaller more restrained doses.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nihonniboku posted:

This looks like too much

Edit: Reminds me of a more serious of Years and Years on HBO, which was terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY41jhIP_xI
Years was hilarious and you gotta give that show a shot just because there are like, what 15 a-list actors in it? lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Banshees of Inisherin was fine, it was kinda meandering and inconsistent but I thought the cast was great and extremely charming. It was fun enough.
For me it's more like OH MY GOD Martin McDonagh finally made a movie that isn't tryhard, obnoxious and edgy. I feel like the dude deserves a golden star.
tbf I haven't seen In Bruges since I was a tween, I really liked it, and I'm sure it's still pretty good, but yeah I've mostly found the McDonagh brothers to be incredibly annoying and lame since then. Really wasn't very high on Three Billboards at all, great cast aside. I know Seven Psychopaths is a fave among goons but it never did much for me.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 15, 2023

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Trailer Park Boys is always a great Netflix watch, chill, decent, funny but God drat am I getting tired of Bubbles by like season 7. He's just like the goofy Minion mascot of this series and it's usually more lame and annoying than funny. Prefer it when he was used more in smaller more restrained doses.

The season with Sebastian Bach was when the show turned to poo poo. The newer seasons are totally unwatchable.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

The season with Sebastian Bach was when the show turned to poo poo. The newer seasons are totally unwatchable.

Sebastian Bach from Gilmore Girls?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Jose Oquendo posted:

One of the new ones was good, I think the one where they accidentally make maple syrup weed? I think there was more after that but I gave up.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Trailer Park Boys is funny but it's kind of sad that those actors were never successful in anything else. They might as well change their names to Ricky, Julien, and Bubbles at this point

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Deadite posted:

Trailer Park Boys is funny but it's kind of sad that those actors were never successful in anything else. They might as well change their names to Ricky, Julien, and Bubbles at this point

I think Bubbles ended up being kind of a POS in real life. I also wonder how far off their characters are from their real personalities

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
i'm on episode 5 of The Last of Us Oh wow good thing that one specific part of the ground fell through and a million zombies showed up so as to spare the dude who sacrificed someone to the Nazis that HE HIMSELF thought was an incredibly good and noble person. You ever met an incredibly amazing Christ-like leader? Yeah, I betrayed him to his death. :) Even I think I'm an absolutely terrible person! I would've reported Anne Frank to save my brother from cancer!
And of course Kathleen has like 5000000 opportunities to shoot them but doesn't take any of them, then dies a horrible death. gently caress these people. And Joel's just like "Hey, you'd also be complicit in the brutal murder of ANYBODY to save the one person you personally care about. Very cool! You're in!"

I know they end up dead by the end of the episode just by freak chance but still, fuuuuuuck that poo poo. LONG LIVE THE KANSAS CITY REVOLUTION!

it's also funny that Ellie just like, sleeps with an infected kid in her room and very luckily he just chooses not to attack anybody until she wakes up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I watched Plane and it was fun. I'm not sure why Mike Coulter isn't a bigger movie star. He's way better than the Rock and he would play the same roles.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

mcmagic posted:

I watched Plane and it was fun. I'm not sure why Mike Coulter isn't a bigger movie star. He's way better than the Rock and he would play the same roles.

Yeah, a friend and I saw it in the theater on a whim. It was so stupid that it was funny. We laughed at the absurdity of the action. They're making a sequel starring Mike Coulter, called Boat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, a friend and I saw it in the theater on a whim. It was so stupid that it was funny. We laughed at the absurdity of the action. They're making a sequel starring Mike Coulter, called Boat.

I know and that loving rules lol

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
Datu was a rough dude.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
A new challenger has entered the ring!

Warner Bros starting their own FAST service.

https://thedirect.com/article/warner-bros-streaming-service-new-free

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Saw a commercial last night saying True Blood was coming to TNT. I know we can say gently caress on cable these days but they are gonna have to censor the poo poo out of that, lmao.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sirotan posted:

Saw a commercial last night saying True Blood was coming to TNT. I know we can say gently caress on cable these days but they are gonna have to censor the poo poo out of that, lmao.
I'm surprised to hear that TNT still exists

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

mystes posted:

I'm surprised to hear that TNT still exists

The Beastmaster is eternal.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just watched Physical 100 the Korean reality show and it's so loving good that I stayed up until 3am watching it. Like a real life, less violent, and more entertaining version of Squid Games.

E: still got few eps to go

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like how every episode is about 45 minutes longer than it needs to be

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Those 45 mins are all reactions shots and buddy I need them

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

I like how every episode is about 45 minutes longer than it needs to be

Welcome to every episode of every Korean show ever made

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Also if there was an American equivalent it would be a realistic Squid Games, bc it would result in multiple murders

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

thiccabod posted:

Welcome to every episode of every Korean Netflix show ever made

fixed

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

thiccabod posted:

Welcome to every episode of every Korean show ever made

I know, my wife has watched all of them

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just started Full Swing and really like it.

I love golf and I love the Drive to Survive ... formula... so I'm all in.

Only downside is knowing the results of all these tournaments but it's still fun to watch.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Just started Full Swing and really like it.

I love golf and I love the Drive to Survive ... formula... so I'm all in.

Only downside is knowing the results of all these tournaments but it's still fun to watch.

sweet, putting this on. hopefully the golf show has fewer europeans than in drive to survive

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Shageletic posted:

Just watched Physical 100 the Korean reality show and it's so loving good that I stayed up until 3am watching it. Like a real life, less violent, and more entertaining version of Squid Games.

E: still got few eps to go

"Oh wow I can't believe they did that!"

"Oh this is exciting!"

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it's also funny that Ellie just like, sleeps with an infected kid in her room and very luckily he just chooses not to attack anybody until she wakes up

Oh that was explained and obvious. The kid is and still was deaf. The kid was smart enough to look the other way and zombie version never knew Ellie was there until she touched him.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

full swing is funny

brooks koepka jumping into his fancy rear end mansion pool with beautiful trophy wife

brooks keopka voiceover "this is the hardest I've ever had to struggle in my entire life"

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
In the latest episode of The Last of Us, it seems like Ellie and Sam bond by having Ellie read a comic book to Sam with funny voices. Did I miss something here? 1. He can't hear anything 2. We know he can read because he can write messages on his drawing pad

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
She was looking straight at him and over enunciating her words. She wasn't reading it to him they were just sharing their enjoyment. Like when Simpsons fans quote episodes at each other.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

please i'm begging goons, please watch the thing you're watching

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Edit: Wrong thread

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
People just need to relax about TLOU. I think it got a lot of press and people are looking for life-changing cinema and scrutinizing it kind of a lot. It's a good show but it's not going to be airtight. You'll enjoy it the most if you roll with the plot contrivances and look for good character moments. That said, yeah he clearly was just enjoying her theatricality.

Just binged The Resort on Peacock. It's tonally all over the place but I thought it was a really enjoyable mystery thing. It's not super long. I for some reason thought it would be straight comedy but it's definitely not. Sam Esmail is a producer so you know it's gonna be a little nutty but it never goes full Mr. Robot. Kinda surprised I don't see the show talked about more.

Glottis fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 17, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TLoU is helped but there being not much else on TV this time of year but it's good too.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

In the latest episode of The Last of Us, it seems like Ellie and Sam bond by having Ellie read a comic book to Sam with funny voices. Did I miss something here? 1. He can't hear anything 2. We know he can read because he can write messages on his drawing pad

She was overenunciating the catchphrase so that Sam could read her lips and do the signs along with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

mcmagic posted:

TLoU is helped but there being not much else on TV this time of year but it's good too.
Poker Face is on TV! Well, it's on Peacock. But it's very good.