Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is wondering why stuff like that results in an almost insta-probe I suggest you check out the rest of the forums, SA is not Reddit thankfully and doesn't suffer bigoted hot takes well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/Q6K0nSw.mp4

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
tfw the titanic sinks again

Seriously though, the gently caress?

Props to the person that brought up HWL and managed to cause a probate in record time though

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Yeah a usually great poster coming in hot with a TERF take is kind of a downer.

Anyway here’s another Sebastian pic.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Yeah, I was catching up to the thread, wondering why boat got probed. Once I saw the Harry Potter screenshots I thought, ruh roh.

I don't judge people I don't actually know. And I genuinely love coming to this thread to take about this bonkers "game". But I also understand the appalling persecution(s) that trans people are facing right now.

All I'm really saying is, buy an Idris. And paint it with trans colours, to piss the 88 brigade off well and proper.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Yeah, I was catching up to the thread, wondering why boat got probed. Once I saw the Harry Potter screenshots I thought, ruh roh.

I don't judge people I don't actually know. And I genuinely love coming to this thread to take about this bonkers "game". But I also understand the appalling persecution(s) that trans people are facing right now.

All I'm really saying is, buy an Idris. And paint it with trans colours, to piss the 88 brigade off well and proper.

That would be the only barely acceptable reason to buy an Idris. If it could be used in the game broken mod.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hogwarts Legacy is a good released game that millions of people are currently enjoying, where as Star Citizen is a scam.

Is that a hot take or am I just talking about video games? (And scams)

I'm so confused.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

Hogwarts Legacy is a good released game that millions of people are currently enjoying, where as Star Citizen is a scam.

I'm so confused.

What are you actually trying to say here?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Kosumo posted:

I'm so confused.

I don't know what the idiom "hot take" exactly means, but you sure are talking about video games (and scams). See this, another $50,000,000 has been added since the half billion mark:

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

Kosumo posted:

I'm so confused.

Yes, Hogwarts Legacy is a game.

Yes, Star Citizen is a scam.

I hope that clears things up for you.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is a stupid derail that will go no where good.

Plenty of other places to have these conversations.

I know SC news has mirrored development (stalled) and a lot of us are only here because we've invested a decade following this poo poo show and we are cursed to see it through, but let's not let this thread eat itself alive out of boredom.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Man if CIG ever figures out how to get custom paint jobs into the game, the greatest troll in the world would just be flying around in an Idris painted in LGBTQ colors and just letting the hate boil over in the chat.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Chris Roberts refuses to get in front of a live camera anymore, what else is there to talk about? Because there definitely isn't a video game being made.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I suggest a pangolin derail. The real star citizen is the cats we posted along the way.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnimatedFelineErmine-mobile.mp4

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Titanic only brang Hogwarts Legacy into this discussion as a video game in reference to Star Citizen and another post then decided to bring up a political point about it - which in my mind is not needed in a dead gay comedy forum above video games but each to there own.

She replied with her honest beliefs and was then almost immediately probated and condemned. She did not bring up the politics of it but maybe poorly decided to respond to it.

I'm just saying that many people are enjoying the video games Hogwarts Legacy, which seems to be well made by a competent development studio - Avalanche, and they see nothing political in doing so.

Where as Star Citizen is a scam run by a inept sexy bear.

I don't know why any of this leads to people getting banned.... Seems way over the top to me and not helpful to any group involved.

Just my view on the matter. I hope it's ok to express it.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Beexoffel posted:

I don't know what the idiom "hot take" exactly means, but you sure are talking about video games (and scams). See this, another $50,000,000 has been added since the half billion mark:

Someday we’ll be staring down 20 years and 1 billion plus dollars and the game will have about 10% more content than it has now. This will just never end.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

Titanic only brang Hogwarts Legacy into this discussion as a video game in reference to Star Citizen and another post then decided to bring up a political point about it - which in my mind is not needed in a dead gay comedy forum above video games but each to there own.

She replied with her honest beliefs and was then almost immediately probated and condemned. She did not bring up the politics of it but maybe poorly decided to respond to it.

I'm just saying that many people are enjoying the video games Hogwarts Legacy, which seems to be well made by a competent development studio - Avalanche, and they see nothing political in doing so.

Where as Star Citizen is a scam run by a inept sexy bear.

I don't know why any of this leads to people getting banned.... Seems way over the top to me and not helpful to any group involved.

Just my view on the matter. I hope it's ok to express it.

Nobody got banned for bringing up Hogwards Legacy. Also like it or not but bringing up the game is almost inevitably (especially here on SA) going to invoke the controversy around JK Rowling because she is directly profiting from the game, the two are inseparable.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
We don't allow bigotry here in Video Games even if the bigotry is sincerely held beliefs. If you don't like that, you can go post elsewhere on the internet. This is not up for debate.

Trans women are women. That is not a political statement. And it is not up for debate.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Also bans and probations are different and mean specific things here on SA. Let's say what we mean.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Yeah a prob was appropriate in this case, but I don’t really hold anything against Titanic.

I think we all should just drop it and go back to posting about a sexy bear and his decade long conning of the worst bunch of insufferable nerds in the world.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

:sadwave:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
As a cis white male, here are my thoughts on the matter:

Tane

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Can we use this derail to explain what TANE means?

Because all it makes me think about is Enabran Tain.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

DOMDOM posted:

The worst father in Star Trek, and that's a crowded fuckin field

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

i am a moron posted:

As a cis white male, here are my thoughts on the matter:

Tane

:hmmyes:

:wave:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

This pangolin is tearing down the walls of oppression. Be like this pangolin.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kosumo posted:

Wow, amazing.

:boom:

Appenently you cant say what you believe any more.

I'm going to slice you into a thousand pieces and crush what remains of your heart in my bare hands

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
stupid dipshit

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

DOMDOM posted:

Tane is central to the star citizen experience and, really, life itself

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Let us all love eachother, even those we disagree with. I know I often fail to think the best of everyone but I try. I know I have made fun of Chris Roberts but I really just want him to come to peace. I am sure everyone in this thread wishes the best for each person.

"37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’"
Matthew 22:37-39.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

Let's all just hate-gently caress and then we can get over it together

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

This thread should be gassed at this point honestly

for being about Star Citizen

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Mellow_ posted:

Let's all just hate-gently caress and then we can get over it together

Whoa take it easy, I’m just here to touch tips and buy an idris

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Tane

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hope more people feel comfortable crawling out of the mud to defend terf talking points so they can be flamed out of existence

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Cutedge posted:

This thread should be gassed at this point honestly

for being about Star Citizen

:wrong:

It's about cats. This one is good at climbing trees!

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Tain was a horrible father for sure, but you can't tell me you didn't get a little emotional pang when he's on his deathbed reminiscing with Garak about the one, single day he actually played the role of father and took him riding as a child.

I would argue Tain was more a product of the system rather than an inherently bad person.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

DOMDOM posted:

Tain was a horrible father for sure, but you can't tell me you didn't get a little emotional pang when he's on his deathbed reminiscing with Garak about the one, single day he actually played the role of father and took him riding as a child.

I would argue Tain was more a product of the system rather than an inherently bad person.

Nah he was viciously abusive and even on his deathbed he didn't call Garak his son or share his political secrets with him as Cardassian fathers are supposed to do. I'm still mad as hell about it!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Whats your favorite Star Citizen moment?

For me, its hard to top Chris playing Star Citizen.

Honourable mention goes to the Archer Saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

DOMDOM posted:

IIRC years ago, when SC had a forum, it was invaded by FYAD who brought the tane gimmick

To my knowledge, it means nothing