Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Does it have Battle Theme 1.x from XIV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

wizard2 posted:

Doesn't seem like it, it follows a rough progression and the first tracks were the Thanalan/La Noscea/Shroud themes then moved to the battle themes, then the Primal themes, Ultima Weapon and then it moves into Heavensward.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
good to know ty

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also it feels like defense characters aren't that needed if you've got some decent rhythm? Gladio why would I cut 100 ATK from you to halve damage.

I just put the characters I like the most in my party in these games :shobon:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have been keeping it thematic for the most part; stick with the characters from their own games, except when I need to fill in a blank or cover a weakness. Then again I am not in the part of the game where it matters a whole lot.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also it feels like defense characters aren't that needed if you've got some decent rhythm? Gladio why would I cut 100 ATK from you to halve damage.

I mostly agree but the ff1 wol was pretty ok at 99. Had a big attack, some healing, and strong defese buff.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

When are they putting Jack into Theatrhythm

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I've been cycling people out as they hit 99, once I have everyone leveled and can see their skills I'll pick a team to start getting star levels with

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SettingSun posted:

When are they putting Jack into Theatrhythm

Garland is already in.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BisbyWorl posted:

I've been cycling people out as they hit 99, once I have everyone leveled and can see their skills I'll pick a team to start getting star levels with

Yeah basically same. I am liking keeping Locke around for his mug ability to pick up some extra drops tho

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ImpAtom posted:

Garland is already in.

Can this party kill Chaos...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

All of you being unable to post Theatrhythm is enough to make me pull the trigger.

So is the Switch version any good or do I get it on PS4

Try the demo first, I haven't had any issues but a friend said they found it unplayable on Switch. Might depend on docked vs undocked (I play undocked, I have connection issues with one of my joycons that can be an issue on fast-input games but doesn't show up when it's clicked into the system) or something bizarre.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
FFXIV having 32 tracks is great but also suffering, this series is taking forever.

Bruceski posted:

Try the demo first, I haven't had any issues but a friend said they found it unplayable on Switch. Might depend on docked vs undocked (I play undocked, I have connection issues with one of my joycons that can be an issue on fast-input games but doesn't show up when it's clicked into the system) or something bizarre.

I play it fine handheld on Switch, but I'm not at the turbo 'must get All Critical on everything' yet. There's definitely a small but noticeable loading time if you want to reset the track though which might be where I'm going to feel it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ff14 should have gotten a series track for each of ARR/HW/SB/ShB/EW imo

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Bruceski posted:

Been on Switch playing all morning. Got around 9, 99's and around 100 or so profile cards from battles. Not a single disconnect.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

very cool that you can have Rinoa #1 and Rinoa #2 in your party

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PuttyKnife posted:

Been on Switch playing all morning. Got around 9, 99's and around 100 or so profile cards from battles. Not a single disconnect.

Yeah, the disconnects are a me issue, my right joycon seems to have a weak sensor or something. Usually not a problem in the stuff I play, but here not so good so I keep everything hooked into each other. My friend said they were getting massive lag on Switch though and docked/undocked is our main difference.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If anyone's trying to get into the gritty of starring up, star rank 1 adds 50 to each stat (300 hp) and it looks like maybe 10% more xp needed for star 2.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

did not like playing handheld on switch but maybe it feels better with a switch lite?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Kind of this, but I'm still planning on focusing my favorites.

I do not know if my all-summoner team is good, but it is certainly funny.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

wizard2 posted:

No but it has the original version, Battle Theme 1 from FF2

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

Can't believe you cut off the fact that Rinoa leveled to 69.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

:sickos:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Can't believe you cut off the fact that Rinoa leveled to 69.

Please forgive me

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nice, twice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Please forgive me

I read that as everyone dunking on Squall and he's trying to brush it off.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm... maybe the future PS5 accessibility controls would allow me to create the optimal input setup for this game

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Friendly reminder that diagonals are literally a lie in this game and you can swipe the cardinal directions and they'll still count.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I shall respect the integrity of the diagonals and swipe intercardinally all the same

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When you see diagonals, ask yourself: What Would Sabin Do?

Also nice touch in a FF4 song quest where the Lunar Whale song goes in slow-motion due to being on the moon.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

No Dignity posted:

I shall respect the integrity of the diagonals and swipe intercardinally all the same

thank u

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

ApplesandOranges posted:

Friendly reminder that diagonals are literally a lie in this game and you can swipe the cardinal directions and they'll still count.

I swipe the wrong way all the time on the two directions as well and seem to get away with it a lot.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I mean if they're set as -> <- or <- -> it doesn't really matter, you still just need a left input and a right input. Don't get tricked!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Ability books apparently exist in Theathrhythm too so theoretically you could just stack all the good abilities and stats onto your favorite character too. Presumably this is all in the post game stuff when you're farming stuff since I've yet to see an ability book anywhere.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
From what I've seen the abilities on scrolls aren't that great except maybe that one that makes party leader do more damage.

Wonder if we'll be able to break the battles like in CC once stats get high enough. Loved trance double cast Ultima overkilling waves of enemies and added cut still killing guys after the song ends.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Randallteal posted:

Having a good time but I will add my own petty gripe re: FFVIII characters. Three bad guys and two party members, really? To hell with Seifer, Laguna and Ultimecia - I want Zell & Selphie! I would also settle for Quistis. You can keep Irvine.

This is correct. Doubly so for Irvine.

Yeah, stuff like this is why I'll never play these games. It's bad enough pressing a button, but having to hit a direction, too? No thank you.

wizard2 posted:

I can't name a single song from FF14. And if you give me the name of a track, I wouldn't know how it sounds. I'd have to look it up on YouTube.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Alxprit posted:

I mean if they're set as -> <- or <- -> it doesn't really matter, you still just need a left input and a right input. Don't get tricked!

I do perfectly fine with the left/right combo but for some reason the up/down one short circuits my brain like every fourth time it comes up especially when they alternate the symbol for it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm enjoying Final Bar Line, but felt that Square-Enix could have done more with the presentation. It's a cute looking game! But I would have liked to have seen more of it celebrating the history of Final Fantasy and its music. It would have been cool if for each Final Fantasy game, it used the overworld map for that game, when selecting the songs, and character graphics were in the style of that FF title. That probably would have been very ambitious though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am trying to imagine the FFXV boys in the style of their own game fighting against the chibi artstyle mobs and I am not sure that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Shame you probably can’t have Gaia from 14, who practically confirms that R=U all along.