Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Head Bee Guy posted:

no way am i reading all that poo poo. what names we got?

and to head off any you jokers, i don’t want to see any replies referring to “me” or my mother or instructing me to turn my monitor on and so forth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
that's two characters

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Staley is the beast in this disgusting metaphor.

E: oh god maybe he’s not. gently caress.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Be our guest
Be our guest
Put our island to the test
Forget conventions about consent, my friend
And we’ll provide the rest

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://youtu.be/cDybeNbFJXE

Why is the head of the World Economic Forum giving a talk at something called the World Government Summit where he talks about seizing on crises and "black Swan events" as opportunities to transform the world and something called the "Fourth Industrial Revolution". I wonder if this bodes well for the workers of the world :confused:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It rules how they just do all the conspiracy poo poo right out in the open.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Azathoth posted:

and if you tell people you don’t trust it they call you crazy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I keep loving thinking about the Hardt/Negri hypothesis, which I had initially considered to be crazy:

what if the potential inversion point grows stronger and more likely over time, while the empire itself also grows in reach and depth?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

The_Rob posted:

and if you tell people you don’t trust it they call you crazy.

Exactly, the ruling class just lays it all out in the open because they literally don't care, they think you're powerless to do anything because even your ostensible "allies" will discredit you, call you a "conspiracy theorist", fascist nazi qanon pizzagater etc. They'll weaponise a crude sub-Nick Landian understanding of dialectical materialism against you to argue that it is an a priori truth that actual conspiracies cannot exist in principle, in fact the ruling class doesn't conspire it just blindly follows the Law of Value / profit motive, whatever the gently caress. There's no intentionality, never has been, never will be. The World Economic Forum may be exploiting the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" to turn us all into serfs however it was fated to do so since the dawn of Capital itself so there's no point even discussing it or you're a nazi for some reason. In the 18th Brumaire Marx talks about Napoleon's literal conspiratorial relationship with the bourgeoisie when he seized power. And if this is the poo poo they're willing to openly admit to gently caress knows what they're really up to, know what I mean?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Kansas City Chiefs owner is Clark Hunt, grandson of H. L. Hunt. H. L. Hunt was a Texas oilman who despised Kennedy and funded fascist movements like the Birchers and Minutemen (OG version).
huh, I was more familiar with the middle generation (Clark Hunt’s father and his brothers) with their work in the silver markets. interesting stuff! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Thursday

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Azathoth posted:

And often by the time they tell you they're doing it, its already been going on for a decade if not more.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

multistability posted:

Exactly, the ruling class just lays it all out in the open because they literally don't care, they think you're powerless to do anything because even your ostensible "allies" will discredit you, call you a "conspiracy theorist", fascist nazi qanon pizzagater etc. They'll weaponise a crude sub-Nick Landian understanding of dialectical materialism against you to argue that it is an a priori truth that actual conspiracies cannot exist in principle, in fact the ruling class doesn't conspire it just blindly follows the Law of Value / profit motive, whatever the gently caress. There's no intentionality, never has been, never will be. The World Economic Forum may be exploiting the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" to turn us all into serfs however it was fated to do so since the dawn of Capital itself so there's no point even discussing it or you're a nazi for some reason. In the 18th Brumaire Marx talks about Napoleon's literal conspiratorial relationship with the bourgeoisie when he seized power. And if this is the poo poo they're willing to openly admit to gently caress knows what they're really up to, know what I mean?

unfortunately, i know exactly what you mean

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

They assume that no one in the Communist Party of China speaks English and can listen in

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Cuttlefush posted:

that's two characters

Loucks posted:

Staley is the beast in this disgusting metaphor.

E: oh god maybe he’s not. gently caress.

I envy everyone who doesn't immediately think of Roger Stone in a bull mask.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Really? How does that work? Seems really important to know.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Azathoth posted:

https://youtu.be/AUfZZbrXVAw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

Really? How does that work? Seems really important to know.

follow the quote back to my original post :)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
just watch sicario and traffic back to back and you get this gist (jk)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its always nice to see an old classic age gracefully

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Azathoth posted:

not really much of a conspiracy if they talk about and execute it openly and just materially prevent the people they exploit doing anything about it.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
No no it's not a conspiracy it's a conspiracy theory, huge difference you see because when you suggest that when the WEF talks about this thing called the "Great Reset" and exploiting crises and black Swan events to usher in something called the Fourth Industrial Revolution they only have the best interests of the working class at heart and you are actually a fascist if you question their motives - they talk about it openly you see! How can you question that. Simple as

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
its not a conspiracy theory, its a conspiracy analysis

Cambridge has a definition of "Conspiracy" as

quote:

a secret agreement made between two or more people or groups to do something bad or illegal that will harm someone else:

the status of legality isn't a deciding factor if something is a conspiracy or not.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the conspiring class

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

fanfic insert posted:

its not a conspiracy theory, its a conspiracy analysis

Cambridge has a definition of "Conspiracy" as

the status of legality isn't a deciding factor if something is a conspiracy or not.

I was being ironic in my last post so to be less flippant, what I mean is that there are definitely people on the left who call the Great Reset a conspiracy theory and call you a conspiracy theorist for questioning the motives of the loving World Economic Forum etc. Yes, they do talk about it quite openly, Klaus Schwab literally wrote a book called the Great Reset etc. So then the position seems to have changed where they will acknowledge that the Great Reset isn't a conspiracy theory, in fact it doesn't even reach the level of conspiracy at all, because they're discussing it right out in the open. What you see is what you get. So the WEF they're out there saying how they want to exploit crises and black Swan events and so on, in order to bring about this so-called "Fourth Industrial Revolution". But then you point out things like the fact that the WEF ran a coronavirus pandemic (which would be a black Swan event) simulation a couple months before the official start date of the covid pandemic, a CRISIS from which the ruling class profited immensely, and the very same people will then say poo poo like "take the tinfoil hat off you sound like a lunatic" and so on. They just go right back to calling you a conspiracy theorist lol. But they loving say right out in the open that's what they want to do!

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Oh I get it I just wanted to be pedantic about theory vs analysis

But I do think it constitutes conspiracy because their stated motives most likely aren't their real motives. Like they say a lot of crazy stuff during Davos and the like but they definitely do hold some truths and motives unsaid.

Like when they say we need to supplement protein uptake with crickets, they're speaking as if it will apply to everyone but they'll sure eat their steak while we cant afford it, they're not saying that part, but I'd bet both my testicles that they say it in private and that makes it conspiracy, even if what they do is technically legal.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

fanfic insert posted:

Oh I get it I just wanted to be pedantic about theory vs analysis

But I do think it constitutes conspiracy because their stated motives most likely aren't their real motives. Like they say a lot of crazy stuff during Davos and the like but they definitely do hold some truths and motives unsaid.

Like when they say we need to supplement protein uptake with crickets, they're speaking as if it will apply to everyone but they'll sure eat their steak while we cant afford it, they're not saying that part, but I'd bet both my testicles that they say it in private and that makes it conspiracy, even if what they do is technically legal.

Oh well then I agree with you 100% :tipshat:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

follow the quote back to my original post :)

Thanks for this! I actually learned something today

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

I'm a mechanical boy Like a mechanical toy I follow directions, whatever I'm told I never get hot and I never get cold I never have lived so I never grow old That's because I'm a mechanical boy

I'm a mechanical boy Like a mechanical toy I do as I'm ordered and never ask why I never can laugh and I never can cry I never have lived so I never shall die That's because I'm a--'cause I'm a--'cause I'm a--'cause I'm a--'cause I'm a--'cause I'm a mechanical boy.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
i keep re-reading the seymour hersh nordstream article and

lol

lmao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

With the near-demise of the left, it seems that anyone protesting the WEF's plans is making demands that fit the desires of the conspiring class. Climate change causing crop shortages? We have the right to eat as much subsidized beef as we want! Alienating urban hellscapes? Protest against fifteen-minute cities! Life expectancy plummets? Protecting workers from disease is communism!

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Chamale posted:

With the near-demise of the left, it seems that anyone protesting the WEF's plans is making demands that fit the desires of the conspiring class. Climate change causing crop shortages? We have the right to eat as much subsidized beef as we want! Alienating urban hellscapes? Protest against fifteen-minute cities! Life expectancy plummets? Protecting workers from disease is communism!

Yes it's called recuperation, it's what the ruling class does, and their propaganda is clearly working as intended. No the solution to the many crises facing the working class isn't the Great Reset, "stakeholder capitalism", or neo-feudalism. Do not be misled

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Chamale posted:

poo poo's about to get bad with stuff like failing crops, rising sea levels and drying lakes so all the rich people are doing their best to dilute outrage against them by diverting people to the wrong target or denying any of it is going to happen. You're going to have pundits saying poo poo that lakes drying up happens all the time or that the spooky deep state is doing it.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

DesertIslandHermit posted:

that the spooky deep state is doing it.

For what it's worth, I've already heard this one in regards to why the Colorado river is drying up

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

nomad2020 posted:

For what it's worth, I've already heard this one in regards to why the Colorado river is drying up

There was news awhile back of crabs disappearing (because the water is more acidic and warmer so it kills the babies) and people in the comments thought they were being stolen by China.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Hubbert posted:

i keep re-reading the seymour hersh nordstream article and

lol

lmao

:hmmyes:

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://t.co/pYdnbGaYUq

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

It's the single-most riveting thing to happen in energy geopolitics for a long time, and no one is talking about it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Hubbert posted:

It's the single-most riveting thing to happen in energy geopolitics for a long time, and no one is talking about it.

It's because there's nothing to talk about, there are no other candidates for who would do a sabotage like that, where's the debate? No fun.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Oh, I'll work on that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Private Cumshoe posted:

It's because there's nothing to talk about, there are no other candidates for who would do a sabotage like that, where's the debate? No fun.
uh, the crabs, duh