Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

aegof posted:

Shame you probably can’t have Gaia from 14, who practically confirms that R=U all along.

The final boss of the Eden raid song is Ultimecia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They didn't have my favorite FFV track: Ship Graveyard.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 16, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zeroatrhythm

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Ok 4 summoners is now my fav team. So many summons

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I've been shoving every stat up into Faris. My pirate, she grow strong.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The best -atrhythm.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
they also don't have my favorite FFXIV song, "Civilizations (ft. Otamatone)". who do i have to convince to make this happen

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

currently playing FF7 Remake on PC and enjoying it very much

still havent used a single status-curing consumable however, and I just reached Chapter 9, unironically my hardest encounter was against 3 of these guys in that one side-quest

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I somehow hit my pro controller with another static shock hadoken and now all my shoulder buttons are dead and down dpad is now the home button and left dpad is now the screenshot button :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

ff14 should have gotten a series track for each of ARR/HW/SB/ShB/EW imo

Strongly agree

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I said come in! posted:

It's a cute looking game! But I would have liked to have seen more of it celebrating the history of Final Fantasy and its music.

This brief shot in the intro landed harder than I expected it to.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Bruceski posted:

This brief shot in the intro landed harder than I expected it to.

yeah

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Most of the bursts in multi battle aren’t that bad but man that false trigger burst absolutely destroys me every time

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Anyone find any characters they like a lot so far for skill reasons? I'gve ot about a dozen 99's so far and here's the ones that standout so far

FF1 warrior of light - Seems like a good all-arounder if you want someone to be a cornerstone guy. By which I mean, a dude you always have around in a party to help out fresh teams. Heals, reduces damage, and has a big hit so just generically handy.

FF1 Princess Sarah - Age-old hymn cures all status ailments and is her unique skill. Love it, gently caress off malboros. Also has swiftness (boosts summon gauge) and cheer (str boost) so all around nice. Also has pray and curaga if you want actual healing.

FF7 Yuffie - If you want to farm summons, Yuffie is your gal. All creation increases summon stones in chests, rare summoner makes those stones better, and she has fms all-star skill haste.

ff11 Shattoto - S rank in the magic stat. Gets Doomsday and Ultima but most importantly, her unique skill play rough. Which is multiplies the damage of her magic abilities by 2.5. Triggers on boss spawn, active until end of ms.

ff7 cloud - Cloud was top tier in curtain call and he still seems good here. S rank in strength, gets berserk for 200 more strength and also has armor break which was god tier but I am not sure if it's as good as it used to be. Regardless, added cut still strong. Dunno if omnislash (3 moderate hits) is better than ultima blade (1 massive hit) but either way, a super strong physical dps.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Red XIII looks good for grinding up a new team from level 1, his unique skill gives the party +60 STR/AGI at the cost of increasing damage taken.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I noticed on a couple of tracks that the lines moved more slowly, with more buttons crammed on the screen. This was the case for Ultimecia's Castle and Rise (XIV Alexander's theme). Is this meant to be because those parts of those games involve time shenanigans or something?

I really like how much effort they put into all the stages in the game. You get appropriate backgrounds for all of the XIV primals and other boss fights, the Chaos Advent fight for the Strangers of Paradise tracks, multiple stages for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, and even things like the last floor in Final Fantasy Legend for that track.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The chaos advent theme slaps

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Actually kinda interesting that you can't just stack speed onto a FMS team now since you actually have to engage enemies in them.

Still been having fun with the game, been unlocking them in order of XV > XIV > VIII > IX. Probably will go for FFRK next and then... I dunno, probably FFVII or FFX.

Still wish they had more characters I wanted even if I like the general roster. I want Sabin or (wishful thinking but) Nyx.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Failboattootoot posted:

Anyone find any characters they like a lot so far for skill reasons? I'gve ot about a dozen 99's so far and here's the ones that standout so far

FF1 warrior of light - Seems like a good all-arounder if you want someone to be a cornerstone guy. By which I mean, a dude you always have around in a party to help out fresh teams. Heals, reduces damage, and has a big hit so just generically handy.

FF1 Princess Sarah - Age-old hymn cures all status ailments and is her unique skill. Love it, gently caress off malboros. Also has swiftness (boosts summon gauge) and cheer (str boost) so all around nice. Also has pray and curaga if you want actual healing.

FF7 Yuffie - If you want to farm summons, Yuffie is your gal. All creation increases summon stones in chests, rare summoner makes those stones better, and she has fms all-star skill haste.

ff11 Shattoto - S rank in the magic stat. Gets Doomsday and Ultima but most importantly, her unique skill play rough. Which is multiplies the damage of her magic abilities by 2.5. Triggers on boss spawn, active until end of ms.

ff7 cloud - Cloud was top tier in curtain call and he still seems good here. S rank in strength, gets berserk for 200 more strength and also has armor break which was god tier but I am not sure if it's as good as it used to be. Regardless, added cut still strong. Dunno if omnislash (3 moderate hits) is better than ultima blade (1 massive hit) but either way, a super strong physical dps.

I know if you are actually good at the game healer are less needed but:

Y'shtola - Has a shitload of passive healing between Regen, Paeon, & her unique skill Aetherial Pulse. Also gets a large variety of status cleanses.
Lenna - Gets Arise as a unique skill, which revives you back to 70% HP if you die.
Vanille - Gets Boon of Oerba as a unique, which is 100% heal when you fall to 10%.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I know if you are actually good at the game healer are less needed but:

Y'shtola - Has a shitload of passive healing between Regen, Paeon, & her unique skill Aetherial Pulse. Also gets a large variety of status cleanses.
Lenna - Gets Arise as a unique skill, which revives you back to 70% HP if you die.
Vanille - Gets Boon of Oerba as a unique, which is 100% heal when you fall to 10%.

Ignis's Regroup also heals 50% of hp when you fall below 15%, but also reduces damage taken so in some cases it might be better than a full heal.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ignis's Regroup also heals 50% of hp when you fall below 15%, but also reduces damage taken so in some cases it might be better than a full heal.

Regroup was the most useful ability in XV so this checks out!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sesq posted:

I noticed on a couple of tracks that the lines moved more slowly, with more buttons crammed on the screen. This was the case for Ultimecia's Castle and Rise (XIV Alexander's theme). Is this meant to be because those parts of those games involve time shenanigans or something?

I really like how much effort they put into all the stages in the game. You get appropriate backgrounds for all of the XIV primals and other boss fights, the Chaos Advent fight for the Strangers of Paradise tracks, multiple stages for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, and even things like the last floor in Final Fantasy Legend for that track.

Yes, due to Time Kompression and the beep beep Alexander time respectively.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

aegof posted:

Shame you probably can’t have Gaia from 14, who practically confirms that R=U all along.

Gaia is "What if Squall was the Sorceress and a lesbian"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Failboattootoot posted:

I was wondering if Esuna existed in the game just cause I was getting the feeling all the status effects were effectively slowing down my dmg parties so good to know Sarah is worth raising.

Ciaran seems like a pretty solid physical buffer. And both Gilgamesh and Sephiroth seem pretty strong.

Bartz can also self buff himself twice with his skill so he’s pretty solid too, both for regular battles and FMS.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Allarion posted:

I was wondering if Esuna existed in the game just cause I was getting the feeling all the status effects were effectively slowing down my dmg parties so good to know Sarah is worth raising.

Ciaran seems like a pretty solid physical buffer. And both Gilgamesh and Sephiroth seem pretty strong.

Bartz can also self buff himself twice with his skill so he’s pretty solid too, both for regular battles and FMS.

A few characters have auto-cleanses for specific statuses (like Blindna and Stona), but I don't know if they cover everything; I haven't seen anything that reverses Mini or Toad yet. Sarah's probably worth considering just for the blanket cleanse.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

god i love you jack garland

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mini doubles as a cure for itself just like in the classic games so anyone that learns it can cleanse it. Off the top of my head I know Minwu learns Mini really early.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I can’t tell difficulty wise exactly where I am. I can perfect chain a lot of expert songs, I managed to even perfect chain an ultimate, but I still think a lot of ultimates are too hard

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The Ultimates are inconsistent, even by rated difficulty number. You’re not alone.

I’m enjoying it all a lot. It’s complete bliss. Still, some of the missing songs bug me. No Besaid for FFX, quite a few standouts missing from 7, 11, and 14, and no Sound of the Wind for CC, which is just insane. Also, no Xenogears in the Square golden age DLCs is a bit odd considering it was in Curtain Call.

I’m also kind of missing the randomly generated mission cards from the 3DS games. Maybe there’s some endgame in this one that I’m unaware of but I’m still just trucking through the titles for now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
14 already has a ton of songs so I can understand why some were left out, especially since they're going through the base game and three expansions.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's weird how Aphmau got in over Lion, Arciela and Iroha

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

bloodychill posted:

The Ultimates are inconsistent, even by rated difficulty number. You’re not alone.

I’m enjoying it all a lot. It’s complete bliss. Still, some of the missing songs bug me. No Besaid for FFX, quite a few standouts missing from 7, 11, and 14, and no Sound of the Wind for CC, which is just insane. Also, no Xenogears in the Square golden age DLCs is a bit odd considering it was in Curtain Call.

I’m also kind of missing the randomly generated mission cards from the 3DS games. Maybe there’s some endgame in this one that I’m unaware of but I’m still just trucking through the titles for now.

There's a Xenogears pack in September with Awakening, Blazing Knights and Soaring

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hopefully they will just conti8be to add dlc packs long after what's already been confirmed. Keep releasing the tracks. My money is yours

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The people want Lakshmi's theme

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

The people want Lakshmi's theme

Fucken right they do

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Is sound of the wind the CC song that was included in the DX version?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's weird how Aphmau got in over Lion, Arciela and Iroha
funniest hat

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also it turns out in music mode you can access songs you don’t have yet if you use the recommended : next songs feature at the end of a track

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Draga posted:

There's a Xenogears pack in September with Awakening, Blazing Knights and Soaring

Good to know, though there are a few songs I’d choose over those like June Mermaid, My Town is Number One, and Shevat.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is sound of the wind the CC song that was included in the DX version?

It’s the iconic CC (Crystal Chromles, not Chrono Cross) song and possibly the best FF song with a full voice track. Here: https://youtu.be/mkQkixyZH68

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dr Pepper posted:

Gaia is "What if Squall was the Sorceress and a lesbian"

And played by Kristen Ritter.