Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Diverting attention by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Ramsés from Cuba

Charlie Hebdo

Addiction: A question of will
"I've gone completely off the public."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Cum edit fodder, coming up.

quote:

POISONING THE WELL OF KNOWLEDGE WITH WOKE INSANITY
“We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy our economy ” – Chris Hedges

I came across an article that explained how Texas A&M is going ‘woke.’

The author, Scott Yenor, revealed the injection of ‘diversity, equity, and inclusion’ into the university’s policies. (DEI). I think the order should be shuffled to ‘diversity, inclusion, and equity. (DIE). When woke policies take over an institution, destruction inevitably follows. Texas A&M was a conservative university in a red state. Or so I thought. Soon, their woke policies will render it to be just another leftist institution. Staff hiring there will no longer be based on merit. Instead, consideration will be run through the woke, DIE cheese grater. The university will have instructors and professors who were hired not for their brilliance, but rather their skin color, their sex, and/or their sexual identity.

Students will soon be taught to guard against expressing themselves freely. It might be deemed ‘hate speech,’ distasteful humor, or the expression of ideas that aren’t aligned with critical race theory and cultural Marxism. In this manner, free speech and debate will be destroyed. Worry, caution, and fear do not align well with free expression. Everything that is taught will be distorted through a lens of racism and Marxism. The background noise DIE will constantly remind us that United States is a profoundly flawed and evil country that must be destroyed due to its ‘systemic racism.’ It must be destroyed and replaced with Marxism.

Equity is not ‘equality.’ In America everyone already has an equal chance to succeed. It depends on the individual’s talent, character, the drive to succeed, and innate talent. The protection of the individual and individual rights no longer are the goal, however. Those who want equity want those who lack the qualities to succeed to succeed anyway. Again, equity is not based on merit, it is based on identity politics. It’s why Joe Biden chose Kamala Harris for vice president and Pete Buttigieg for Secretary of Treasury. Both of his choices are woefully under-qualified, but Kamala is part black and a woman and Pete is gay. They were equity hires.

Despite the equity vs. equality semantics, human beings cannot be made equal by force and that’s what Marxism boils down to: Brute force. Equal pay for all means the lazy people will not work and industrious people will not see the point of working harder. No more private property—that will be called ‘racist.’ The products produced are not owned by individuals, but rather the state. When that happens, quality and production inevitably declines. The system collapses and people are MADE to work hard by force. The populace is forced into slavery. The same institutional slavery woke people complain about, only it will be real slavery. Everyone will be forced to be equal. Equally poor and miserable, that is.

Universities are poisoning the well of knowledge. All of our institutions are becoming ‘woke’ and destroying themselves. As Donald Trump Jr. once said, “Go woke, go broke.’

We are becoming a broken nation.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

The university will have instructors and professors who were hired not for their brilliance, but rather their skin color, their sex, and/or their sexual identity.

Because as we all know, it is impossible for anyone other than a straight white male to be brilliant.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I developed a nasty cold today and feel like I’m on my deathbed.

*gropes blindly*
Please someone, you’ve got to tell me,
Is... sluggo... still... lit?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Look, the man drew a balloon, and only one human face. What more can you ask for?

Mike Peters

Randall Enos

Drew Sheneman

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kayne won't see any royalties from this so really who gives a gently caress? In fact, I commend Adidas for their commitment to recycling their trash.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hitch desperately wants to be Kal.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

For all the loving Buttigieg cartoons, let me explain the separation of powers.

The federal government cannot intervine in a state unless it declares a disaster emergancy. Something that the Republican governor Mike DeWine has so far refused to do. This is something that Republicans should be proud of, that States Rights are being respected and protected from an overbearing Federal government. Until he declares an emergency, the Federal government can just advise but not allocate any funding to the cleanup.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

I can't see Hitch's cartoons as anything except slightly higher effort versions of those loving 4chan-brained "yelling bearded glasses dude" memes.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
That's a great point Hitch, maybe we can try one of the actual evidence based approaches to preventing overdose deaths.

Ahh I see it's actually just a xenophobic shibboleth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hitch's cartoons are so ghastly that I don't even try to read them and just scroll past them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

It isn't a big deal.

A Good Cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: China - America's Nefarious Enemy

Ted Rall posted:

Hawkish critics of China complain that the country spreads its influence around the world via its Belt and Road Initiative, which somehow makes it a threat or adversary or even an enemy of the United States. But China doesn’t invade or bomb other countries. It gifts them infrastructure and hopes to build good will. If only there was some way for the United States to do something similar and compete with them.

First Dog on the Moon: Three easy steps to stop creatures becoming extinct

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! Rowson retweeted this and I thought this thread might like it.

:golfclap:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DalaranJ posted:

I developed a nasty cold today and feel like I’m on my deathbed.

*gropes blindly*
Please someone, you’ve got to tell me,
Is... sluggo... still... lit?

Sluggo is hella lit, now rest easy.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Korthal posted:

For all the loving Buttigieg cartoons, let me explain the separation of powers.

The federal government cannot intervine in a state unless it declares a disaster emergancy. Something that the Republican governor Mike DeWine has so far refused to do. This is something that Republicans should be proud of, that States Rights are being respected and protected from an overbearing Federal government. Until he declares an emergency, the Federal government can just advise but not allocate any funding to the cleanup.
Yes but the town is overwhelmingly white so

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trapezium Dave posted:

Q&D

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

There are plenty of strings attached.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

Dear Lord Rall is a credulous idiot.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
America is the only bad country. All the other ones are good.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Terrible Buttegeig. How am I supposed to recognize him without his trademark big round dumper

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Black smoke means a new national debt hasn't been chosen yet, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

gently caress

An administration so callous even Branco is virtue signaling about a company poisoning a town

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Technowolf posted:

Black smoke means a new national debt hasn't been chosen yet, right?

Correct, if not us then whom?
Ramierz cackles as he adds another "great" to the word "grandkids"

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Somebody just tried to pull one of those arguements in Video Games the other day and I'm still in kind of a lovely mood but at least they got smacked down for it.

The Titanic posted:

Oh dear.

Space politics. :)

As a woman I can understand her points, and I'm not exactly all up in her business or how far crazy she may be, but I would love for trans rights to exist but maybe while achieving that goal don't water down and wreck havoc over what it means to be a woman to get there.

It's a crazy world and no thread can be safe from the realities of social issues, even when picking on terrible video games. :(

Namaste friend. <3

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Absolutely astounded that they could try that here.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Can't wait :tinsley:'s take on the Chinese balloon! Only one or two more weeks and we will know...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We had a transphobic poster in this thread for a number of years, but this one had a happy ending where they eventually realized the error of their ways. They even bought a name change to try and shed that reputation, which can be see as dedication to turning over a new leaf or just hiding your dirty laundry, but hey progress is possible if you post enough pants donkey edits.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

LOL at the punchline requiring your self-insert to be too stupid to recognize an egg.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Pants Donkey posted:

We had a transphobic poster in this thread for a number of years, but this one had a happy ending where they eventually realized the error of their ways. They even bought a name change to try and shed that reputation, which can be see as dedication to turning over a new leaf or just hiding your dirty laundry, but hey progress is possible if you post enough pants donkey edits.

Its funny, i dont think anything has galvanized me more than watching conservatives illustrating all thier unfounded hates and fears in this thread.

They draw minorities and lgbtq+ people as the epitome of evil fantasy, orcs, demons, and cthululian monsters. and then you actually meet a person like that in real life and you cant help but laugh at the absurdity of those idiotic views

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 17, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's a real pipeline. I was a (fortunately not unspoken) anti-feminist when I was an idiot teen, until I came across a particularly hateful MRA screed and just instinctively knew I had to strive to be the opposite of whoever wrote it.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Star Fox: Pripyat Wars

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the spoils of war – Energy companies see their profits soar following Russian invasion of Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Independence support could ‘erode’ under Nicola Sturgeon’s successor, SNP sources fear

Independent:

Centrica boss urged to waive £1.6m bonus – but refuses to discuss it After Bob Hoskins.

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn tells Keir Starmer: blocking me is an attack on democracy

Evening Standard:

Sunak travels to Northern Ireland ahead of expected deal over protocol

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US debt ceiling by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Story killers : enquête globale sur la désinformation/Story Killers: Global investigation on misinformation It accompanies a blurb on Forbidden Stories a company looking into journalistic integrity today. by Falco from Cuba

Charlie Hebdo

Auchan accused of having supplied the Russian Army
Auchan is a major supermarket chain. Incidentally the one I go to.

"I want my grand-daughter to be able to retire!"
Sign reads:For a future that moves forward!
"Your grandmother's really something!"
"That's not my grandmother, she just asked me to push her wheelchair."
On the docility of the recent protests.

There's some longer comics on here that I'm feeling too lazy to translate. Would you like me to just post them and you lot deal with it?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rodbeard posted:

LOL at the punchline requiring your self-insert to be too stupid to recognize an egg.

To be fair to DUI duck, the original Fabergé egg looked like a regular egg on the outside

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US debt ceiling by Cai Meng

Imagine being so bad a cartoonist that you depict the debt ceiling as a wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012