Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Cube is great! The sequels less so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The trouble is, the people who live in the cube will be under embargo by the United States, because they'll be... CUBAN!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Cube is a neat movie and I actually kind of like Hypercube as well. Much cornier but fun and weird

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The only cube I recognize is the Time Cube :colbert:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just popping in because I found a fan website dedicated to the USS Crazy Horse:

http://www.themareks.com/ch/

Haven't read the "stories set on the Crazy Horse" yet but I'm also far back at page 64 of this thread so see y'all in a bit

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wonder if it'll be a hellscape inside like Kowloon or some other, newer version of a hellscape. Probably hotter, I assume.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/1624813537582538754?s=46&t=vewvm6QN9pd1Lm6JyxJNpQ

And the Luxor is right down the Strip.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Payndz posted:

Oh yeah, like their linear single-building megacity that's going to be 500 metres high and 170 kilometers long. And that is also open at the top. In a country famous for massive sandstorms.

Not quite the right country but they're working on making it real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMEK4UtJWk

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

A lot of chairs used on Star Trek, including a few Captain's chairs, are ordinary commercially-available chairs, sometimes modified a little but often just used as-is. I get the impression that they tended to be on the expensive side, though, and they'd probably be even more so now. But hey, they're the exact chairs that were used in the show.

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/database/chairs-trek.htm

NOTE: this site may still be blocking SA as a referrer, so if you get an error, just copy-paste the url into a new tab instead.

Worf's ball tree was a chair!?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
No that’s just an anatomically correct sculpture of Klingon genitalia.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Watching Time Squared in my rewatch and its hilarious to me that Picard just straight up murders himself at the end. Then we see a shot of O'brien there with a "What the fucccccccccck" look on his face.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He used it onscreen and I never noticed? I have brought dishonor on my house.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Hollismason posted:

Watching Time Squared in my rewatch and its hilarious to me that Picard just straight up murders himself at the end. Then we see a shot of O'brien there with a "What the fucccccccccck" look on his face.

If only he knew what his future held.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Knormal posted:

Worf's ball tree was a chair!?

As seen in Friends!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I can see how the prop department on Star Trek took one look at that chair and bought it because it's so werid you can descirbe it as "cuting edge future aesthetic."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I forget, does he actually sit in the chair during Family, or is that just Dorn loving around in outtakes?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, Twitter cropping does the full image an immense disservice:

What instrument is Geordi playing?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nullsmack posted:

What instrument is Geordi playing?

The concrete saw.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I'm rewatching deep space nine from the beginning for the first time in a while. The first couple of seasons are much more solid than I generally give them credit for.

Everyone being super supportive of odo and his love for unsupervised use of policing power in whatever arbitrary way he wants has aged poorly to the point that it's funny though.

Also, the way Kira responds to collaborators directly comparable to her later actions is also pretty good.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Riker Maneuvering a whole building! God drat!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

nine-gear crow posted:

I forget, does he actually sit in the chair during Family, or is that just Dorn loving around in outtakes?

He is awkwardly chilling in it when his parents come in

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
He's fiddling with his mustache right before they come in; the mirror is itself an interesting bit of furniture.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

He's fiddling with his mustache right before they come in; the mirror is itself an interesting bit of furniture.

oh nice they mounted it on a space bucket

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
That is clearly a Klingon sex throne

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He likes sitting in it because it hurts.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

davidspackage posted:

He likes sitting in it because it hurts.

A warrior's chair!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can’t decide if that chair would be horrible to try and sit in or unexpectedly comfy.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Cube is great! The sequels less so!

This Cube 2: Hypercube slander won't be forgotten.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t decide if that chair would be horrible to try and sit in or unexpectedly comfy.

both, at the same time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Prune brand chairs

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Worf: You must simply relax and let it sink into you.
Geordi: You mean, uh, sink into it.
Worf: I do not.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hollismason posted:

Imagine the sort of therapy Miles would need by the end of DS9. You watched your captain vaporize a version of himself in cold blood, watched yourself blow up multiple times on a rickety space station, watched a cylon assassin version of yourself get phasered, spent years in a mind prison....

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
O'Brien Autobiography, chapter 7: My feral daughter

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Imagine the sort of therapy Miles would need by the end of DS9. You watched your captain vaporize a version of himself in cold blood, watched yourself blow up multiple times on a rickety space station, watched a cylon assassin version of yourself get phasered, spent years in a mind prison....

Barely escaped a Cardassian kangaroo court, got so drunk he sang Jerusalem...

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

That one time had to tell a corny folk story to chase away a space cloud

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

External Organs posted:

O'Brien Autobiography, chapter 7: My feral daughter

Volume 7, surely.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Huh, the Breen are mentioned as early as "Hero Worship" in TNG season 5, I had no idea they were a thing before DS9!

Been slowly working my way through the blu-rays, and I'm in a stretch of episodes that are either new to me, or a bit too bland to remember from when they first aired. Next came "Violations," with Troi and other members of the crew (but especially Troi) getting mind raped. "The Masterpiece Society," surprisingly, focuses on Troi for the second episode in a row. She does a romance thing but thankfully avoids the "woman quits Starfleet for a love-interest-of-the-week" trope.

Just a few eps away from "Cause & Effect," the first episode I ever watched!! :hellyeah: I know that episode's been brought up here before as possibly the ideal introduction to TNG. It's the kind of story that is arguably enhanced by having no familiarity with the show or characters.... basically the inverse of when dorks suggest "Far Beyond the Stars" or "In the Pale Moonlight" to a non-fan.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cause and Effect is the episode I used to introduce Trek to one of my best friends like, 17 years ago and he’s arguably a bigger nerd now about the franchise than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

Huh, the Breen are mentioned as early as "Hero Worship" in TNG season 5, I had no idea they were a thing before DS9!
Before DS9 actually used them the Breen were used for years as a catchall alien race whenever they needed an alien race to fill out a list of species or a race to assign a weird attribute to. If you look them up on Memory Alpha they've have all kinds of weird namedrops over the years, though obviously that slowed down after they actually showed up.