Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"i have to find myself. good luck, susan"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

dr_rat posted:

Every story I here about Frakes just makes him seem like the chiliest dude. Pretty sure if the show had been Riker not Picard, and Frankes had sway instead of Stewart it would of been far better for it.

At the very least their would of been a lot more tormbone.

https://wilwheaton.net/2023/02/see-how-we-are/

https://wilwheaton.net/2021/11/i-can-almost-imagine-what-it-must-be-like-to-have-a-dad-who-loves-you/

Read these to see what an absolute mensch Frakes is

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

This thread isn't supposed to be for things that make me like Wil Wheaton more!!!

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
when will franks make a sequel to clock stoppers

naem
May 29, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Funny? Funny??? Do you have any idea how many turbolift technicians have been lost in that dimension on what was meant to be a quick mantince job, never be to be seen again???? Just go a head and tell their deeply bereaved loved ones you think it's funny!!!!!

it’s like fall through the map in a video game, that’s where the power ups are

naem
May 29, 2011

in fact, that’s how Q’s are made

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Holodeck programmers really hate it when you no clip out of the map

naem
May 29, 2011

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Olewithmilk posted:

This thread isn't supposed to be for things that make me like Wil Wheaton more!!!

Wil Wheaton is the thing we've made of him. He got poo poo on for no good reason for a long time, so now that there is a reason to poo poo on him I choose not to. He never had a chance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Wil short for Wiliam?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
If Wil Wheaton wanted me to like him he could just stop being friends with Chris Hardwick

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Is Wil short for Wiliam?

Wil is short for Will.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I don't follow drama so I've no idea what beef exists with Wheaton regarding poo poo he's doing now. From those two articles seems like he was abused as a kid though so that sucks.

All I know is Frakes is a M.I.L.F.
Mensch
I'd
Like to
gently caress

naem
May 29, 2011

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Picard S3E1 is not painful, in the same way that a large man cocking back his fist before smashing your head in is not painful.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Endless Trash posted:

Picard S3E1 is not painful, in the same way that a large man cocking back his fist before smashing your head in is not painful.

Thanks Mike, looking forward to the review(s) this year! :buddy:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh is the first episode of a Picard season OK? Where have I heard that before?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

"It's going to be different this time," says increasingly desperate man for the third and final time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

"It's going to be different this time," says increasingly desperate man for the third and final time.

Patrick Stewart is on one knee, holding the football.

"Go on." he says to me, barely containing his mirth.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

First episode was terrible. Worst first episode of the Picards.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The General posted:

It was a shotgun spray of mystery boxes and every single one will pay off big don’t you worry

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Endless Trash posted:

It was a shotgun spray of mystery boxes and every single one will pay off big don’t you worry

To put a few of them to bed for you right up front, the kid is Picard's son, the reason Beverly ghosted the Enterprise crew for 20 years was because Picard knocked her up and she just left into the void to raise the kid away from him, and the guy Raffi is talking to via the TV screen is Worf.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

To put a few of them to bed for you right up front, the kid is Picard's son, the reason Beverly ghosted the Enterprise crew for 20 years was because Picard knocked her up and she just left into the void to raise the kid away from him, and the guy Raffi is talking to via the TV screen is Worf.

The season will end with either the kid dying, ~tragically~, or standing proudly in a red starfleet uniform at Starfleet Academy (or at least "On the Command Track" as a throwaway line of dialogue).

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
They are going to slowly murder one member of the original cast per episode.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Somehow, Shinzon returned

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

HD DAD posted:

Somehow, Shinzon returned

Shoulda been a Riker clone, then they could do a teleporter double of a clone. Is teleporter clone Tom Hardy Riker a good guy?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Man I sure am looking forward to getting disappointed by STP tonight! Wooo 100 seasons Star Trek Picard!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

External Organs posted:

Shoulda been a Riker clone, then they could do a teleporter double of a clone. Is teleporter clone Tom Hardy Riker a good guy?

Tom Riker went maquis

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

External Organs posted:

He stole the Defiant to kill Spoonheads in the DMZ, so yeah he cool.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

PostNouveau posted:

Tom Riker went maquis

Yeah but regular Riker is good, but regular Shinzon is bad!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Tom Hardy sighs and meditates on his life choices as he looks at the irresponsibly high paycheck CBS is offering him to come back and cameo in Star Trek: Picard.

naem
May 29, 2011

The General posted:

Id watch a show called The Picards where it’s The Kardashians but it’s the cast of tng

they’re all in a big house in LA getting into drama

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My wife keeps saying “I know picard show was bad but I can’t remember what about it specifically we hated so much”. Thinking about printing out my posts from this thread so I don’t get roped into watching more of this slop

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mycomancy posted:

He stole the Defiant to kill Spoonheads in the DMZ, so yeah he cool.

The Maquis are so terrible that they turned even Tom Riker into a loser.

And I don't mean they're bad like they do bad things, they are so completely ineffectual that they cannot achieve even a single one of their own goals

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I wish they could do something more upbeat like they're exploring alien ruins to unlock the secret of the galaxy. Instead Geordie is going to be impaled by Moriarty in front of his children and we got elderly Gates McFadden with a machine gun. Seriously isn't shs like 100 now too? She has a kid? Seems like Picard would know if it was his unless she was secretly taking miracle fertility drugs. Look women that age don't just have children that easily. She is menopausal in Insurrection.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The federation has medical science that allows two people to completely different species that evolved on two entirely different planets have babies.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I wonder if robopicard even has the ability to cum.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I mean he is a Soong-built machine. That was probably like, priority number one.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I wish they could do something more upbeat like they're exploring alien ruins to unlock the secret of the galaxy. Instead Geordie is going to be impaled by Moriarty in front of his children and we got elderly Gates McFadden with a machine gun.
[sighs matalasishly] You just don't understand drama and prestige television...

I'll be watching this tonight. Boy, I can't wait to see how many mysteries are set up and then not answered just yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HD DAD posted:

I mean he is a Soong-built machine. That was probably like, priority of number one.

ftfy