Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol Why is this thread getting brigaded randomly

edit: lol for content

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1626283508816805888?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1626597836094840834

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

BrownPepper posted:

Do you talk like this about this stuff in real life? Are the people around you concerned by your mental state?

Ukraine being really tight-lipped about basically everything except careful propaganda reveals is a big topic with this war, people definitely discuss it irl.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

AHH F/UGH posted:

Check the rapsheets and never think about it again.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

people breaking out the burners to roll in and screech

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Check the rapsheets and never think about it again.

and always, ALWAYS be checking the post count.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

BrownPepper posted:

Do you talk like this about this stuff in real life? Are the people around you concerned by your mental state?

Yeah, I actually do care about people from Ukraine getting murdered. What's your point drive by cspam?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

Call me old fashioned but i was thinking NOD Commander from Command & Conquer. :corsair:

edit: can't help but wonder what their logistics are like these days, lorries/fuel trucks ain't sexy but they are required more than ever with the ammo depots being relocated further to the rear.

Their logistics hasn't really changed, in terms of practice, but they have been dispersing their supplies more which blunts the effectiveness of HIMARS. They still use KAMAZes, converted civilian vehicles, and plain old manpower to move their supplies from the supply hubs under their control (such as Tokmak, Ilovaisk, Volnovakha, etc.) that in turn receive their supplies from the Russian homeland from places like Belgorod and Rostov-on-Don. This still makes them vulnerable to interdiction by way of capturing the rail networks or destroying any bridges that could strand the supplies on one side.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao, all your enemies are not CSPAM, or tankies, some of us are just people who despise you because you jack off about russian death while protected, by a self proclaimed, "official woman" whatever the gently caress that means (Are we going to get an answer for what you meant by that Kit?) Maybe the weirdo with some unsavory opinions about gender, and their cabal of gore afficianados have managed to create a multi-forum coalition of people who despise your posts.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AHH F/UGH posted:

edit: lol for content

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1626283508816805888?s=20

4 HIMARS flew over Crimea and got shot down by Russian air defense. Their sacrifice will not be forgotten. :patriot:
It's so funny how despite trying everything they were never able to shoot at or destroy even 1 HIMARS.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Boba Pearl posted:

lmao, all your enemies are not CSPAM, or tankies, some of us are just people who despise you because you jack off about russian death while protected, by a self proclaimed, "official woman" whatever the gently caress that means (Are we going to get an answer for what you meant by that Kit?) Maybe the weirdo with some unsavory opinions about gender, and their cabal of gore afficianados have managed to create a multi-forum coalition of people who despise your posts.

:byewhore:

edit Your comic sucks poo poo btw

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 17, 2023

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

So after the epic GBS mod who thinks modding is like being queer and thinks mild mockery is comparable to the harassment queer people face banned me for some very weak trolling I had some time to think about this thread and I have concluded that it is irredeemable garbage and disgusting to me on a personal level because of its content and posters. You freaks treat this war not as a humanitarian crisis where thousands of people have been killed or displaced but as a video game where you can cheer on the deaths of Russian soldiers, most of whom are conscripts and don't want to be there and laugh over their dying bodies as you high five each other over the epic content of a russian being blown apart by artillery fire. Because that's what the war is to you losers. Content. Not a war where people are dying horribly but as a content mill where you can hoot and holler over human misery because its happening to the bad guys. None of you are any different than the GBS freaks who would laugh and make death pools over Mt. Everest hikers freezing to death and dying and it wouldn't surprise me if there is crossover between that thread and this one. All of you disgust me and the moderators who enable this behavior disgust me even more.

I know none of the mods are going to read this and reflect and are already preparing to ban me again for trolling the Genuine Human Suffering Mega thread because moderators on this website are notoriously stupid and incapable of learning and are probably even now in wordfilter mode and looking for any bad words in this post (Retard. oval office. Bitch.) because its easier to push a button and ban someone than it is to look inward and ask yourself why you think a russian conscript getting blown apart by artillery fire make you sexually aroused.

it's unfortunate that you torpedoed your whole post with a whiny no-no word digression at the end there, because you're right to some extent for a lot of posters itt tbqh. I'll admit I'm guilty of it myself. but it's excessively difficult to prove intent, and people skirt the edges of what's acceptable.

what complicates this legitimate criticism is that there are a lot of bad-faith posters external to this thread who try to mischaracterize and flanderize these posters to an absurd degree, going even so far as to post obscene parody posts in attempt to "own" them—as you yourself have done in the past. the behavior and language of the actual thread regulars being targeted is questionable, but the response by people like you is straight unhinged. even when a real criticism is delivered, it always comes packaged with some hyperbolic insanity or subforum drama.

I also rebuke your implicit assumption that Russian citizens are innocent victims of this war. it's true that Putin is essentially attempting to genocide not just Ukraine but the lower classes and ethnic minorities by forcing them into service. but I consider the mainline Russian political body and every citizen who subscribes to it part and parcel in the perpetuation of violence and subversion against their neighbors in Eastern Europe since the "fall" of the Soviet union. Ukraine is entirely an innocent victim of a directed colonization effort and every Russian who refuses to recognize their national sovereignty is culpable.

but putting that all aside: what exactly do you expect from a thread about war in gbs?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

zone posted:

4 HIMARS flew over Crimea and got shot down by Russian air defense. Their sacrifice will not be forgotten. :patriot:
It's so funny how despite trying everything they were never able to shoot at or destroy even 1 HIMARS.

that is really funny

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

two in one day coming in to tell us no one likes this thread? a coalition of the willing?

lol

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's just the PYF goon sagas thread getting a bit excited about drama.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

kalel posted:

it's unfortunate that you torpedoed your whole post with a whiny no-no word digression at the end there, because you're right to some extent for a lot of posters itt tbqh. I'll admit I'm guilty of it myself. but it's excessively difficult to prove intent, and people skirt the edges of what's acceptable.

what complicates this legitimate criticism is that there are a lot of bad-faith posters external to this thread who try to mischaracterize and flanderize these posters to an absurd degree, going even so far as to post obscene parody posts in attempt to "own" them—as you yourself have done in the past. the behavior and language of the actual thread regulars being targeted is questionable, but the response by people like you is straight unhinged. even when a real criticism is delivered, it always comes packaged with some hyperbolic insanity or subforum drama.

I also rebuke your implicit assumption that Russian citizens are innocent victims of this war. it's true that Putin is essentially attempting to genocide not just Ukraine but the lower classes and ethnic minorities by forcing them into service. but I consider the mainline Russian political body and every citizen who subscribes to it part and parcel in the perpetuation of violence and subversion against their neighbors in Eastern Europe since the "fall" of the Soviet union. Ukraine is entirely an innocent victim of a directed colonization effort and every Russian who refuses to recognize their national sovereignty is culpable.

but putting that all aside: what exactly do you expect from a thread about war in gbs?

but but but something nazis, something minsk agreement, something HATO encroaching on poor russia's buffer state, something color revolution, something Yanukovych was the real President of Ukraine, therefore Ukraine *deserved* to be invaded and its innocent citizens killed and murdered because some manlet psychopath dictator wanted to "go down in history".

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Deki posted:

You can think 2 things are true:

1) Russia losing is a good thing because of their track record for when they win (Bucha, Chechnya, etc)

2) It's a tragedy that Russians are being mass conscripted and are being forced to die as a result of this war.

:emptyquote:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

kalel posted:

Ukraine is entirely an innocent victim of a directed colonization effort and every Russian who refuses to recognize their national sovereignty is culpable.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Deki posted:

You can think 2 things are true:

1) Russia losing is a good thing because of their track record for when they win (Bucha, Chechnya, etc)

2) It's a tragedy that Russians are being mass conscripted and are being forced to die as a result of this war.

russia losing isn't a good thing because of 2. these are mutually exclusive beliefs

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
maybe give your positions a good think next time

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

maybe it's the sagas drama in me but I don't think calling a woman a whore is an acceptable response to being criticized.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

mycophobia posted:

russia losing isn't a good thing because of 2. these are mutually exclusive beliefs

hmmmmm, I see

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Randarkman posted:

It's just the PYF goon sagas thread getting a bit excited about drama.

That pyf thread is full of people who also post in the holodomor joke thread in cspam. This is not a nickname I came up either, there's a thread for making jokes about holodomor. SA has a huge fash problem.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mycophobia posted:

What would be a good thing then, out of the range of possible outcomes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

What would be a good thing then, out of the range of possible outcomes

i dont know if there's a good thing that can happen at this point, obviously the war isn't just going to stop altogether. but that doesn't mean I have to cheer any time some ppl get murdered

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

That pyf thread is full of people who also post in the holodomor joke thread in cspam. This is not a nickname I came up either, there's a thread for making jokes about holodomor. SA has a huge fash problem.

People can post in multiple threads. And it's not some dumb cross-forum conspiracy, it's just a thread about forums drama where the posters are touching the poop.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mycophobia posted:

Ok then what would you consider a better outcome for this situation?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kalel posted:

Seriously, so tired of the "All ware is bad, roll over for the guy who wants to make an empire of the unwilling as part of his ethnic cleansing campaign because war is worse than allowing genocide."

mycophobia posted:

Gee, if only Russia would do something about that. Like stop invading. Oh well, who knows how Ukraine can do something about something entirely out of their control.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mycophobia posted:

i dont know if there's a good thing that can happen at this point, obviously the war isn't just going to stop altogether. but that doesn't mean I have to cheer any time some ppl get murdered

A good outcome would be if the people of Russia strung up Putin from a lamp post, until then degreasing the Russian army in the field is the best possible outcome, just like it was the last time there was a war against the Nazis.

E: I'm leaving degreasing in

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

You know when America similarly enacted colonial invasions of the Middle Easter, we didn't see people cheering on marines getting fragged or making in-jokes out of beheading videos. Then again maybe we've just had a cultural change since then.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

You know when America similarly enacted colonial invasions of the Middle Easter, we didn't see people cheering on marines getting fragged or making in-jokes out of beheading videos. Then again maybe we've just had a cultural change since then.

probably, maybe that's it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Most of the world pretty much did cheer marines getting fragged. Even in allied countries.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Seriously, so tired of the "All ware is bad, roll over for the guy who wants to make an empire of the unwilling as part of his ethnic cleansing campaign because war is worse than allowing genocide."

Gee, if only Russia would do something about that. Like stop invading. Oh well, who knows how Ukraine can do something about something entirely out of their control.

"No amount of war and death is acceptable, therefore the Ukrainians should have surrendered to stop the war. We'll worry about what happens after they surrender, which is good :tm: while we ignore what happened in Chechnya, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and all those other places. We are very smart."

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Outside the US we definitely did, and mainstream Americans were understandably biased and caught up in 9/11 Fever (which was a terrible and wrong thing to be doing and essentially a fascist movement but it definitely happened and people in the US were on board).

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

AHH F/UGH posted:

In GBS you can call women whores but can't say "oval office." Hell yes lol.

edit: lol too slow, but that probe reason ftw

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

mycophobia posted:

Wanting one side to win in order to put an end to a prolonged conflict isn't cheering on murder.

It's really easy to cry about how there should be no war when you're not the one being forced into it. From the comfort of your computer, it's very easy to accuse everyone involved with simply loving death.

It's really easy to say it would have been better for Ukraine to have negotiated a settlement, when you wouldn't have to be the ones living under the terms agreed to.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zone posted:

"No amount of war and death is acceptable, therefore the Ukrainians should have surrendered to stop the war. We'll worry about what happens after they surrender, which is good :tm: while we ignore what happened in Chechnya, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and all those other places. We are very smart."

It's possible to hope the Ukrainians win and still regret all the Russians being sent to their deaths because of a demented sack of poo poo like Putin. Frankly it's weird when people ITT get huffy and pretend these are mutually exclusive positions.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
If your brand of leftism is simply telling people on the other side oft he world how you think they should react to an invasion, and that advice is to lay down and let it happen because death gives you bad juju vibes, your leftism sucks balls.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

StrangersInTheNight posted:

If your brand of leftism is simply telling people on the other side oft he world how you think they should react to an invasion, and that advice is to lay down and let it happen because death gives you bad juju vibes, your leftism sucks balls.

Uh, OK, has anyone done this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Wanting one side to win in order to put an end to a prolonged conflict isn't cheering on murder.

It's really easy to cry about how there should be no war when you're not the one being forced into it. From the comfort of your computer, it's very easy to accuse everyone involved with simply loving death.

It's really easy to say it would have been better for Ukraine to have negotiated a settlement, when you wouldn't have to be the ones living under the terms agreed to.
Except discussion along this line is already accomplished by the D&D thread, which generates more or less zero interforum issues outside of CSPAM.