Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

CainFortea posted:

The federation has medical science that allows two people to completely different species that evolved on two entirely different planets have babies.

I am sure she could have kids in the star trek future, it just makes him not knowing she was pregnant less believable but maybe that's not his kid or maybe he did know.

Hell maybe they will do what I want and the plot will focus on Iconian gateways or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I hope its Riker's kid and that's why him and Troi are on the outs

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The kids name is Abra. Candelabra.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Thankfully I cancelled my Paramount+ sub and it's not getting reactivated until new Lower Decks or SNW episodes come out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

External Organs posted:

His name is Jack-Luc. She named him after both the men she hosed, not including the ghost candle.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I wonder what the odds are that Picard ever so much as called Jason Vigo again.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its the child of that Ghost Candle

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Powered Descent posted:

Zero chance

Just like Worf stopped talking about that one kid he sort of adopted when his parents died

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

Picard promised a woman who was basically Data's daughter who he spent several weeks getting to know that he'd take her on an adventure to see the universe and then just left her in a bar on the horniest planet in the galaxy and never thought about her again. You really think he even remembers some kid he met for like four hours one day 30 years ago?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

nine-gear crow posted:

His name is Jack-Luc. She named him after both the men she hosed, not including the ghost candle.

Jack-Luc nimble, Jack-Luc quick, Jack-Luc's mom came on a candlestick.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s gotten to the point that I’m kind of hoping everybody dies so there’s no way to continue with any of these characters. Is that bad

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It’s gotten to the point that I’m kind of hoping everybody dies so there’s no way to continue with any of these characters. Is that bad

They'll just continue using all the other characters they introduced along the way

Screaming_Gremlin
Dec 26, 2005

Look at him. Dude's a stone-cold badass.

CainFortea posted:

They'll just continue using all the other characters they introduced along the way

So... a solo Raffi show? I think they killed off the rest of them already (and whatever the gently caress happened to Soji after Will Wheaton monologed at her). I guess we could get a gritty 10 episode show of Rios getting his rear end kicked in bar fights until he dies.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

You know I think it's worth addressing that apparently Wesley Crusher is the next stage in human evolution

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

You know I think it's worth addressing that apparently Wesley Crusher is the next stage in human evolution

It's true. Janeway and Tom Paris turned into Wesley Crushers before they turned into lizards.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They should get the guy who played Handsome McWesley in Hide & Q to come back as him with zero explanation whatsoever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

HD DAD posted:

They should get Jeffrey Combs to come back as him with zero explanation whatsoever.

naem
May 29, 2011

External Organs posted:

*Beverly in the background breathing heavily*

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Somehow O'Brien ends up as the "luckiest" TNG character by sheer elimination.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Screaming_Gremlin posted:

So... a solo Raffi show? I think they killed off the rest of them already (and whatever the gently caress happened to Soji after Will Wheaton monologed at her). I guess we could get a gritty 10 episode show of Rios getting his rear end kicked in bar fights until he dies.

That wasn't Soji. That was a fully biological woman who just happened to be identical to some cyborgs made centuries later.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

HD DAD posted:

They should get the guy who played Handsome McWesley in Hide & Q to come back as him with zero explanation whatsoever.

That actor is 70 now so that'd be pretty great.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm already out of the loop on Picard S3, but I can't remember if I imagined it or saw it somewhere, but a while back I could have sworn I saw someone suggesting that Bev's season away from the Enterprise during TNG was in part due to being pregnant with Jean-Luc's child and hiding it from him.

Then she used her connections to allow the baby to be adopted and raised by relatives of hers and didn't tell another soul about it because of the professional and personal problems it would cause both of them. That kid would be about, what, 32 or something now? Too old for Starfleet to turn his life around.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

HD DAD posted:

as the next phase in human evolution, wesley gets a second puberty

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
So they've literally just left the season 2 threat hanging. Jesus Christ, how do these people sleep at night? And why hasn't anyone interviewing them asked what the gently caress was supposed to have happened?

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

The show is terrible op

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i hate picard and the people who work on picard the show should feel bad about themselves for ruining something good

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Word on the street is indeed that it might be...good?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 hours!)

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm already out of the loop on Picard S3, but I can't remember if I imagined it or saw it somewhere, but a while back I could have sworn I saw someone suggesting that Bev's season away from the Enterprise during TNG was in part due to being pregnant with Jean-Luc's child and hiding it from him.

Then she used her connections to allow the baby to be adopted and raised by relatives of hers and didn't tell another soul about it because of the professional and personal problems it would cause both of them. That kid would be about, what, 32 or something now? Too old for Starfleet to turn his life around.

That's a pretty good retcon.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Giving up a child for adoption seems out of character for Dr. Crusher.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She really wanted to tell Picard something in that one like, season 5 I think, episode where they were being held hostage by terrorists with (checks notes) quantum tunneling weaponry

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

It's got me interested despite some dumb things (the Constitution-refit of the Titan 🙄, timeline seems a little off and how isn't Riker an admiral by now?). But the TNG crew capering around is all I want so I was pretty satisfied.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

It's got me interested despite some dumb things (the Constitution-refit of the Titan 🙄, timeline seems a little off and how isn't Riker an admiral by now?). But the TNG crew capering around is all I want so I was pretty satisfied.

He was reticent for like a decade to accept captaincy, I’m not surprised he either refused the admiral pips or they knew well enough that he wouldn’t want them

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I was never terribly impressed by Riker's style in the times he was in command so letting himself marinate a bit longer was probably a good decision.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The other mother ... Is Dr Pulaski

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’d place some money on a retcon that Crusher and Picard had their DNA harvested sometime during TNG and the kid is a test tube baby Crusher only learned the existed of 20 years prior.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

I haven’t watched any Picard and will probably be disappointed when I do finally break down and watch it, but I’m just happy the cast got to get together and work with their friends again one more time. :3:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It's Sela. It's the romulans. It's daimon bock and Jason vigo teaming up for some reason. Nagilum returns and he's pissed. Fuckin Armus too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I’d place some money on a retcon that Crusher and Picard had their DNA harvested sometime during TNG and the kid is a test tube baby Crusher only learned the existed of 20 years prior.

that's basically nemesis. you are writing an outline for star trek: nemesis. take a moment to consider how you got to this point.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I got to this point by watching Star Trek: Picard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I got to this point by watching Star Trek: Picard

Etching this into the wooden beam before I kick the chair away