Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The LEGO designers may have mailed it in when corporate said it had to be built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Infinitum posted:

If they do a Boyz II Men set I think it'll be the end of the road for future boy band sets

Now I need a Psych office / Boyz II Men crossover set.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I have a dumb Bricklink question. I ordered some parts from my want list, got them in today, checked that all 400-something were there, and marked the order complete.

How do I add the items from that order to my collection so they show as owned on my want list?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

tomapot posted:

Now I need a Psych office / Boyz II Men crossover set.

Oh yeah actually I do want that one. Need a Bruton Gaster minifig.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Count Thrashula posted:

I have a dumb Bricklink question. I ordered some parts from my want list, got them in today, checked that all 400-something were there, and marked the order complete.

How do I add the items from that order to my collection so they show as owned on my want list?

If you go to the wanted list there should be an "Apply Order" button that gives you the list of orders you can apply to the wanted list.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BaconCopter posted:

Hey look, it's another Ideas slot wasted due to dumpster-tier value. I'm getting Table Football vibes from this one. Even at 40% off, like the Queer Eye Set was available direct from Lego, I'd hesitate to pick up the BTS set because the pieces look pretty bland and it looks like nearly every detail is a loving sticker.

Are there actually a specific number of Ideas slots available at any given time? Obviously Lego can only be developing so many sets but is there any particular reason to believe that an uninteresting ideas set getting made means there isn't room for a different one, as opposed to a City cop ambush set or whatever?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Tenebrais posted:

Are there actually a specific number of Ideas slots available at any given time? Obviously Lego can only be developing so many sets but is there any particular reason to believe that an uninteresting ideas set getting made means there isn't room for a different one, as opposed to a City cop ambush set or whatever?
No. IIRC 2022 had more approved Ideas from review than any year prior, iirc. The outrage is baseless.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I got the Wonders of the World mini set today and I gotta say It's pretty neat!
Esp Al-Khazneh. It's got some inward facing studs and the back is completely smooth and you can see all the tricks they did to make it work.

Too bad the other Petra ideas sets didn't make it.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I got the off-road ambulance thing (40582) as a gwp with the A Frame. Two things stood out to me:

1) the 2x2 brick that is 2 plates tall and has a textured edge all the way round- this would be great for microscale cityscapes!

2) a new-to-me colour: the fluorescent yellow chartreuse :pcgaming: used for the hood and roof. Something about the appearance or lustre of the bricks makes me think this colour is more suited to Mega Bloks than LEGO but I guess we will see how it is applied moving forward. Will definitely be a challenge to use tastefully in MOCs.

Otherwise kind of a strange little build; the vehicle has no doors or fenders and has kind of old-timey proportions like a jalopy or paddy wagon. The clash of colours makes it look more like a hodge podge child’s MOC, particularly without the stickers. Kind of unsatisfying overall but the price was right :rolleye:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That neon yellow shows up in the newest fire and police sets. It works ok for police as a highlight but I really do not like the looks for the fire trucks

My kid got this one for Christmas and I think it's fine but any more of that neon yellow is just too much

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 17, 2023

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
I want to see that neon yellow used as an accent color in a Neo Space faction.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Time Cowboy posted:

I want to see that neon yellow used as an accent color in a Neo Space faction.

Base color, reverse blacktron :sickos:

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Neon-Tron.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I read that as Neo Space fascism and that sounds terrible but probably where we’re all headed I guess.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/deralego/status/1626530595928145920

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That is a loving gorgeous Kiryu Mechagodzilla

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is that a WIP or does mechagodzilla not have arms sometimes or something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looking through that twitter account and drat that person is one hell of a builder.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Is that a WIP or does mechagodzilla not have arms sometimes or something?

Incomplete. Kiryu Mechagodzilla rules
https://i.imgur.com/rnLawj0.mp4

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

God drat that's awesome

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

That neon yellow shows up in the newest fire and police sets. It works ok for police as a highlight but I really do not like the looks for the fire trucks

Cowards, build the entire truck out of hi-vis yellow

E: I'm calling TLG cowards, not any of y'all you're fine

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

EEKA GEEK posted:

Otherwise kind of a strange little build; the vehicle has no doors or fenders and has kind of old-timey proportions like a jalopy or paddy wagon. The clash of colours makes it look more like a hodge podge child’s MOC, particularly without the stickers. Kind of unsatisfying overall but the price was right :rolleye:
I was surprised it had a proper retail style City box given it is a freebie.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

smackfu posted:

I was surprised it had a proper retail style City box given it is a freebie.

The Sailboat had a box too. I believe the free Easter Egg came in a box despite being a smaller gwp. I think there’s a minimum piece threshold that triggers putting it in a box vs a bag.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

my sister's birthday is today and i ended up being a complete psycho and got her the A-Frame Cabin, with the idea that she's about 8 months pregnant (well, less. i asked her if she had a month left and she said 'no, less than that' and then i asked her who's counting and she told me to gently caress off) and there's not a wide range of poo poo for her to really do. and this is all couched in that i'll treat her to dinner also, and i told her that if she just keeps the kit in the box, she can sell it in like 16 years to pay for her kid's college (assuming poo poo exists then).

i expect the set to be finished by the time i leave.

update: yeah that went quickly.

i think the only comment i have on the A-Frame is that for the same price and about 80 less pieces, it also feels way way smaller than the blacksmith. i guess its a scale thing, but the compact size really surprised me. not that everything needs to be a huge giant set - just more cause i'm looking at the site and there's a very direct comparison.

that said, the A-Frame contains an insane amount of interior decorating and custom pieces. like the blacksmith has a lot of interior design, but a lot of that is more brick built as opposed to printed poo poo. the stupid little fried egg piece you get on this is ridiculous. the guitar, turntable, hearth etc. all cool.

on the opposite side, the blacksmith has the billion sick roofing pieces so there's that.

both cool sets, nothing much wrong with either, just some dumb idle thoughts

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Carbohydrates posted:

No. IIRC 2022 had more approved Ideas from review than any year prior, iirc. The outrage is baseless.

baseless seems kinda extreme. if they're accepting one kind of ideas thing, they're not accepting another one. they all go through an approval process. and the sitcom location poo poo definitely got a lot more leeway than a bunch of cooler 10k sub, or 5-9k sub stuff got. they know that IP poo poo sells.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I doubt the sitcom sets absorb too much of the company’s energy by virtue of being simpler to streamline/design, compared to the interesting sets we wait for

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I've just got my first modular building. It's a slippery slope isn't it? Help!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Clarence posted:

It's a slippery slope isn't it? Help!

Does the A-frame count as a proper Modular Building?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The base has the pegs to connect to its tree environs, not sure if they're the correct height to integrate into the urban modulars. I wouldn't though, to me it would seem out of place- the Treehouse is thematically a more fitting companion.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Clarence posted:

I've just got my first modular building. It's a slippery slope isn't it? Help!

I just bought one a few years ago because I liked the architecture.

This week I got my order of custom pad-printed street signage so I could start properly labeling the streets.

I'm sorry. It's terminal.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

update: yeah that went quickly.

i think the only comment i have on the A-Frame is that for the same price and about 80 less pieces, it also feels way way smaller than the blacksmith. i guess its a scale thing, but the compact size really surprised me. not that everything needs to be a huge giant set - just more cause i'm looking at the site and there's a very direct comparison.

that said, the A-Frame contains an insane amount of interior decorating and custom pieces. like the blacksmith has a lot of interior design, but a lot of that is more brick built as opposed to printed poo poo. the stupid little fried egg piece you get on this is ridiculous. the guitar, turntable, hearth etc. all cool.

on the opposite side, the blacksmith has the billion sick roofing pieces so there's that.

both cool sets, nothing much wrong with either, just some dumb idle thoughts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You are playing a dangerous game having lego near a drain

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My kid just got to build one of the Lego "mission" products , the police boat one. No paper instructions, all digital. He's played with the digital instructions many times before at home since he knew this was a present his grandma got for him, so I expected him to blow through it.

It's actually...really good for a little kid. They work their way through a story, get some basic instructions, but then get to modify the boat however they want. We made a bunch of different small builds to go along with his main one, constantly modified the main boat, and probably had 2x the playtime a normal set gives him. He didn't even open his second one yet.

The box is different too, seemingly meant to hold the spare parts. I wouldn't mind seeing more of these mission sets down the road.

Also there is a hilarious amount of neon yellow pieces

Edit important update, the first little video in the animal rescue mission features an owl landing on a poorly built truck, then dropping a giant white poop on it (one of the tile splat pieces I've seen in ice cream bandits etc), Destroying the truck

The app stuff is definitely weird. I can't tell if behavior is intended or not, a lot of loading symbols then nothing loads and ??

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 19, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
It seems like someone found the new Disney series 3 100th anniversary CMF for sale, bought one, and then leaked the checklist. It's drat impressive:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Well I finished the bow and VL section of my project. Not really happy with the light, I should have put two in there but moving forward I will keep that in mind. I'm also not super happy with how these two sections fit together. There is a chance I take it all down and start over with some more support bricks inside. Also need to figure out how I'm going to make the rest of it go together without smashing it all when I start to put things together towards the top. Even if I make the three levels separate, I need a good way to connect them, or at least keep thim in place. Lots of thinking to do. Anyway,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z19Ejw5T9-4

I've already fixed the issue in the top right area where the bricks weren't seated very well

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That's rad. How long do you think the final product will be?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Have you thought about having some sort of technic bracing? Most large models have like a technic frame.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This part is around 15" so I don't know, 5 feet? Hoping it might fit into a Titanic case but who knows.

I haven't thought about a Technic frame, but I got better at reinforcing it the more times I had to rebuild it lol. I'm thinking that the next levels need to sit on top of each other with a pin and hole system. The bottom level can snap into the sections beside them but I don't want to snap poo poo on top.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

BaconCopter posted:

It seems like someone found the new Disney series 3 100th anniversary CMF for sale, bought one, and then leaked the checklist. It's drat impressive:
that looks like a skinny Baymax

in for Dr. Facilier though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

Well I finished the bow and VL section of my project. Not really happy with the light, I should have put two in there but moving forward I will keep that in mind. I'm also not super happy with how these two sections fit together. There is a chance I take it all down and start over with some more support bricks inside. Also need to figure out how I'm going to make the rest of it go together without smashing it all when I start to put things together towards the top. Even if I make the three levels separate, I need a good way to connect them, or at least keep thim in place. Lots of thinking to do. Anyway,

That's a really cool 688 you're building. I feel like it's a good amount of detail without being too anal. Maybe look at how the Saturn V stages go together for some inspiration.

I just built the :rice: Skyline. My wife got my the Charger a few months ago, so I had to have both. Surprising number of decals in the interior that I barely see.