Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

dancing with a sledgehammer is certainly something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
postin on the putin page

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm from Shitgrad and I say kill em all

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Calley got a parade in basically every town in the country for ordering the gang rape of prepubescent Vietnamese children.

MTW's are right, there's no soul to save in the great Arsenal of Reaction. Unredeemable nation of demons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JoacW7woBY

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Feb 17, 2023

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
hail russian satan

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

power to the people
https://twitter.com/powerusaid/status/1626342536343171073

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

hail russian satan

russian satans will use hellfire to cleanse the earth of the yankee menace

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

who's this for? The plan is to get most of the country killed.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

In the spring of 1945 the typical tactical action for US forces in both Italy and Germany was to drive up to a town in a jeep, declare the military units and civil authorities there had x time to surrender, and then if it was refused or they were fired upon, fire artillery until white flags appeared.

Granted at that point it was a race to make sure you surrendered to the Western allies rather than Soviets or partisans.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Feb 17, 2023

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
With the unreliability of western media on the Ukraine war, it's just had me thinking how they reported on the slow motion collapse of the western position in Afghanistan. It went from:

- The West will be leaving Afghanistan with head held high and strong institutions in place

To:

- We have every faith in the Afghan government

To:

- The Afghan government MUST step up and exert control!

To:

- We expect the regime to survive beyond the western withdrawal

To:

Ok, the Taliban are taking province after province, but we expect the government to hold out for at least six months

To:

Oh hell oh poo poo get everyone out, no we totally haven't done a deal with the Taliban not to attack Kabul airport while we frantically evacuate

To:

Who Lost Afghanistan

To:

Afghanistan never happened!

I can totally see the western media going: "Ukraine? Where's that; old news." within the next couple of years.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
you tankies are so obsessed with who did what in Ukraine to distract from *rollsdice* the US bringing LGB rights to the Sahel, an unambiguous good for the world that smashes your "america is always the villain" gimmick

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

you gotta familiarize yourself with Biden's pick for ambassador to Afghanistan, if you haven't already

https://twitter.com/MarinaMedvin/status/1626078150424764416?s=20

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

have u considered giving war a chance??

what an absolute chucklefuck

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

dancing with a sledgehammer is certainly something

Is that the azov hammer that was allegedly taken by the chechens or are they just vibing with construction tools

Funny troll if the former

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/CornwallLive/status/1611832421372116993

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Is that the azov hammer that was allegedly taken by the chechens or are they just vibing with construction tools

Funny troll if the former

they're using penal battalions now - that hammer is their blocking detachment :ssh:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

webcams for christ posted:

you gotta familiarize yourself with Biden's pick for ambassador to Afghanistan, if you haven't already

https://twitter.com/MarinaMedvin/status/1626078150424764416?s=20

It honestly seems like an easy job.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

With the unreliability of western media on the Ukraine war, it's just had me thinking how they reported on the slow motion collapse of the western position in Afghanistan. It went from:

- The West will be leaving Afghanistan with head held high and strong institutions in place

To:

To:

To:

To:

Ok, the Taliban are taking province after province, but we expect the government to hold out for at least six months

To:

Oh hell oh poo poo get everyone out, no we totally haven't done a deal with the Taliban not to attack Kabul airport while we frantically evacuate

To:

Who Lost Afghanistan

To:

I can totally see the western media going: "Ukraine? Where's that; old news." within the next couple of years.
Yeah. It was interesting seeing this phenomenon in reverse in Ukraine, which was initially expected to fall within weeks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hail Satan (2)

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1626367084190892033

lmao those weasel words on wikipedia

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Ardennes posted:

It honestly seems like an easy job.

you couldn't come up with tweets that lovely if your life depended on it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Thanks for the update Cornwall live

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hail Satan (2)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
other news: look at this funny dog spotted in Truro

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

someones coping

this is what happens when you don't take the role of doomer.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
vahala

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

if satan wills it

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

To:

To:

To:

To:

To:

To:

Who Lost Afghanistan

To:

my absolute fave was when some us government talking head proclaimed that they expected kabul to hold for another 20 weeks when it didn’t even last 20 hours after that

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
hail ss-18 satan, may his passage cleanse the earth

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgZtdmyKlI

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol so what is the official lib line on Azov? It doesn’t exist? It exists but is small and marginal? It is large and powerful but apolitical?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

10 million new posts what did i miss

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

lol so what is the official lib line on Azov? It doesn’t exist? It exists but is small and marginal? It is large and powerful but apolitical?

it exists but its good, actually

edit: speaking of which, who is watching the big zman's family rn anyways?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

A solved problem only secret Russians still think about.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

as far as i can tell it's some variation of plugging their ears and screaming that they can't hear you

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

the official lib line on azov is to smugly tweet that pic of some wagner guy with swastika tattoos

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

every military has nazis in it somewhere so it’s weird to single out Ukraine (no I will not think about the difference between a nazi in a unit and a nazi unit). also they aren’t nazis anymore, they just have a sentimental attachment to a lot of nazi things, because the nazis opposed the Soviets, which is understandable and good because the Soviets did an even bigger holocaust.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

wearing nazi paraphernalia isn't the same as being a nazi. the real bad guys are the ones who invade other countries and do war crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mila kunis posted:

wearing nazi paraphernalia isn't the same as being a nazi.

:psyduck: