Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Do what you gotta do, though I don't believe it's addressed in the SA rules.

I'm not gonna wait 10 minutes to get service. I've had the attendants come over mid-fueling and none have said anything against it. I've had one or two thank me actually when they've been overwhelmed.

Never an issue at our beloved Costco though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Do you have to tip those people?

We had full service gas stations here in the 80s and I remember my mom always tipping them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I am very tempted to probe you for this.

Unless it is one of the rural areas with some level of exemption from the usual ban on self-service or at a commercial refueling station, you are a reprobate. Also, I'm not 100% sure but you could get the attendants in trouble doing this kind of thing.

Also an Oregoon so if he probes you for this I'll probe him in retaliation

Beware......

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

We had full service gas stations here in the 80s and I remember my mom always tipping them.

No one tips gas station attendants. I think your mom may have been buying drugs.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

your mom was banging the gas station man

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's hosed up his mom had to pay the gas station attendant for sex

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

your mom was banging the gas station man

:hmmyes:

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

That’s the price for full service.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its 2pm and I'm in my bath robe, eating some jongga kimchi

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

If you want the premium pump, gotta shell out the cash

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I don't tip the gas station attendee because I live in a hellscape that allows you to pump your own gas

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Also an Oregoon so if he probes you for this I'll probe him in retaliation

Beware......

And I'd probe you back, and chaos would reign.

Which is why nobody should be pumping their own gas.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A long, looong time ago gas stations in PA had self-service and full-service, where "full" meant they'd do the windows, maybe even check fluids, that sort of thing. You tipped at full-service.

Over the river in NJ, they had full-serve and mini-serve, where "mini" meant they pumped your gas and that was that. No tips on mini.

Here in OR everything is mini-serve. They put the gas in the gas hole. Maybe 2x in 20 years has someone cleaned a windshield for me (I've never asked). No tips.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I am very tempted to probe you for this.

Unless it is one of the rural areas with some level of exemption from the usual ban on self-service or at a commercial refueling station, you are a reprobate. Also, I'm not 100% sure but you could get the attendants in trouble doing this kind of thing.

After the heatwave where they were allowing people to pump their own gas it seems like a lot of people just continued to do so and from what I can tell, the attendants don't give a poo poo. One gas station in particular near my old house had attendants who would smoke a full cigarette while you waited for them to come over and seemed annoyed that you wouldn't just do it yourself, which I was happy to do.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

fischtick posted:

A long, looong time ago gas stations in PA had self-service and full-service, where "full" meant they'd do the windows, maybe even check fluids, that sort of thing. You tipped at full-service.

Over the river in NJ, they had full-serve and mini-serve, where "mini" meant they pumped your gas and that was that. No tips on mini.

Here in OR everything is mini-serve. They put the gas in the gas hole. Maybe 2x in 20 years has someone cleaned a windshield for me (I've never asked). No tips.

The bolded part is how Oregon was up through some time in the 1980s, too. I don't think I've seen a full-service gas station in decades.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fischtick posted:

Yep! That's the one. I remember the guy would do a once over on the car. Checking tires, fluids, windows, etc.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I spent the least amount of money in any of my visits ever at Costco last night. Some hummus and carrots came out to around $14. Even a food court trip only pushed my purchase up to $21.

So this upcoming Sunday husband and I are going to the Business Center in Fife to give a proper tithing (and to get supplies for some parties we want to do in the near future).

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Years ago when I was strapped for cash I would shop at Costco without a cart. I would only buy whatever I could carry to the register.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Tokelau All Star posted:

Years ago when I was strapped for cash I would shop at Costco without a cart. I would only buy whatever I could carry to the register.

My better half and I do this often just to snake through the crowds when we can. A sound strategy at any grocer.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

bucksmash posted:

I spent the least amount of money in any of my visits ever at Costco last night. Some hummus and carrots came out to around $14. Even a food court trip only pushed my purchase up to $21.

So this upcoming Sunday husband and I are going to the Business Center in Fife to give a proper tithing (and to get supplies for some parties we want to do in the near future).

Better make it Saturday, they're closed on Sunday.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Wayne Knight posted:

Better make it Saturday, they're closed on Sunday.
Oh drat I totally forgot, thanks for the heads up. Looks like regular Costco for me until I have a Saturday open then

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

What are the must haves at the business center these days? Last time I went it was sheet pans and other food prep items.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Tokelau All Star posted:

Whenever I try this I end up with more than I can carry and have to do the walk of shame back to the carts.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Did anyone buy the Gong Cha Classic Milk Tea box of 50 sticks? They stopped selling them recently, and the Costco person checked and said it had "delete SKU" in their system meaning they aren't getting a restock any time soon. When she looked they were all sold out except for the store in Hawaii.

Those boxes are now selling on ebay for $30 and higher.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

pencilhands posted:

Whenever I try this I end up with more than I can carry and have to do the walk of shame back to the carts.

You can probably just take someones cart they leave in the middle of the aisle while they look at sweaters or something. if you do that, your cart is free reign.

I've had people try and take my cart before, even with stuff in it. Not like they mistook my cart for theirs, they actually started removing things and putting them on the shelf. I went absolutely ape poo poo on them and they didn't say a word, just walked away. They knew. People at Costco have 0 shame.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ShowTime posted:

You can probably just take someones cart they leave in the middle of the aisle while they look at sweaters or something. if you do that, your cart is free reign.

I've had people try and take my cart before, even with stuff in it. Not like they mistook my cart for theirs, they actually started removing things and putting them on the shelf. I went absolutely ape poo poo on them and they didn't say a word, just walked away. They knew. People at Costco have 0 shame.

It sounds like you are confusing Costco and Sam's Club here.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It sounds like you are confusing Costco and Sam's Club here.

That's the worst thing anyone has ever said to me before.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

pencilhands posted:

It usually ended up being a bag of Kirkland frozen chicken, bag of Kirkland frozen vegetables, and a two pack of Quaker Oats granola. That was breakfast lunch and dinner for months. Luckily, someone had gifted me a spice rack, so I would mix it up by putting different stuff on it before tossing the chicken and vegetables in the toaster oven.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Doesn't get much better than a dog and a slice on a Friday

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Bought four of those poly Adirondack chairs and then used autocorrect on my iPhone to post here about buying Adirondack chairs.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Even chairs are poly now? What a world

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Going to Costco to buy a table and chair polycule

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

What are the must haves at the business center these days? Last time I went it was sheet pans and other food prep items.

a whole frozen goat

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

a whole frozen goat

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

500 count take out containers and a whole frozen goat.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Saw a guy at the ‘co today walking around eating a slice of pizza. My first thought was, how did I miss that sample table?? Then I remembered the food court exists. :blush:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have to go to costco :mrgw: on the weekend :whitewater:

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
You guys probably already received an e-mail but If you bought some of that Kirkland Cold Brew Coffee in cans I got some bad news for you (or good, whatever)

http://www.bfbinquiries.com/

It has been recalled due to the possibility of being unintentionally fortified with iron.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Yep got it and returned mine earlier. I didn’t win the prize and get a free bolt in my coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mikemil828 posted:

You guys probably already received an e-mail but If you bought some of that Kirkland Cold Brew Coffee in cans I got some bad news for you (or good, whatever)

http://www.bfbinquiries.com/

It has been recalled due to the possibility of being unintentionally fortified with iron.
loving Magneto