Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Quantum of Phallus posted:

mods please permaban this sony moron

I say we take a page from Imp Zone and chain probe him with some quality Gamepass suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Centusin posted:

i'm sorry i hope one day the lord blesses you with an xbox

Thank you. I’m gonna go in today and just go to the video game counter and see if they can do it there and I will carry the drat thing out with no bag. It’s not like it’s as big as an Xbox (first generation). Or a Playstation (5th generation).

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Riven posted:

I tried to buy a Series X from Target using All Access. My city charges for plastic bags, and Target pre charges for the expected bags used online. You can’t buy the bags with All Access and if you try to change the billing method it empties your cart. I was unable to buy an Xbox.

Just buy it directly from the MS Store? That's what I did with mine (because I had a bunch of store credit), and it showed up in like two days.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Yes, do that. The Target website sounds like literal hell, so don't use that.
The Microsoft website sells new and refurbished Xboxen, it's where I got my XSX too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Valheim got an xbox release date for march 14. Atomic heart feb 21, Yakuza Ishin feb 22, Wo long march 3rd. A good few weeks for gamers on the horizon and three of those are on gamepass.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seltzer posted:

Valheim got an xbox release date for march 14. Atomic heart feb 21, Yakuza Ishin feb 22, Wo long march 3rd. A good few weeks for gamers on the horizon and three of those are on gamepass.

I'm excited about Valheim. I hope it clicks with me unlike Medieval Dynasty which I was sorta excited about and didn't click for me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I'm not really sure about giving Atomic Heart devs money so dropping on game pass next week is just perfect.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

1glitch0 posted:

I'm excited about Valheim. I hope it clicks with me unlike Medieval Dynasty which I was sorta excited about and didn't click for me.

I tried it when it was on game pass (pc) earlier and it's neat but I found the crafting tree really slow to progress on. I had no idea where to find some things needed too. I just kind of left it.

Seems like it'd be fun with friend(s) though.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Insanely hyped for Wo Long. I believe there's going to be another limited-time demo for it coming out next week.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

hey where did the PC gamepass reward go?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

spaceblancmange posted:

hey where did the PC gamepass reward go?

What part of it is missing? The PC gamepass redeems and rewards are there for me.

For some reason I can't redeem 3 months of GP Utimate anymore though, just 1 month at a time which is an odd change.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

What country?

Australia here, I can see ultimate but PC is missing completely

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

What country?

Australia here, I can see ultimate but PC is missing completely

I'm in Australia too.

PC Gamepass gives me the option of 3 months only, Gamepass Ultimate gives 1 month only, and Gold gives me both 1 and 3 month options. Then there's the various gift cards and donation options.

Strange... With all the talk of raising gamepass prices I do worry about the MS Rewards option.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I found my way to the PC game pass redeem page by guessing the url, only 3 months option available. Might be out of codes at the moment

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Target’s app worked correctly so I got my Xbox today. I am now downloading as many game pass games as will fit on the drive. I’ll say that compared to PS Plus the AAA games aren’t as stand-out but gently caress there are SO many good games here. I get to play all of the Double Fine back catalog that I missed, and a bunch of stuff like Pentiment and Ni No Kuni that aren’t the first thing I want to drop money on but will play first thing now. I have no regrets. I have negative regrets. And Psychonauts 2 at 120 hz!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

I found my way to the PC game pass redeem page by guessing the url, only 3 months option available. Might be out of codes at the moment

Oh you're right it's also missing on the website for me too. I only looked for it on the Bing app on my phone and it's still on there.

Riven posted:

Target’s app worked correctly so I got my Xbox today. I am now downloading as many game pass games as will fit on the drive. I’ll say that compared to PS Plus the AAA games aren’t as stand-out but gently caress there are SO many good games here. I get to play all of the Double Fine back catalog that I missed, and a bunch of stuff like Pentiment and Ni No Kuni that aren’t the first thing I want to drop money on but will play first thing now. I have no regrets. I have negative regrets. And Psychonauts 2 at 120 hz!

Awesome, you're gonna love it :D

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

spaceblancmange posted:

Yeah I've had that once or twice in the past, the store runs out of codes and so the option just doesn't show up. It'll be back in a few days

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Seltzer posted:

Anno 1800 Console Edition on March 16th as well, pretty hyped for that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Woof, Shadow Warrior 3 is a bonafide assault on the senses.. I played a bit and my brain hurts. It's kind of hideous looking throughout. And the dialogue, cutscenes, jokes etc.. eeeeesh

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah its super obnoxious. I had uninstall after about an hour.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I managed to finish Shadow Warrior 3 last year, but I am really not sure why I had bothered with it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

Woof, Shadow Warrior 3 is a bonafide assault on the senses.. I played a bit and my brain hurts. It's kind of hideous looking throughout. And the dialogue, cutscenes, jokes etc.. eeeeesh

On top of it all it runs like poo poo somehow

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

On top of it all it runs like poo poo somehow

Yeah I have a pretty fast gpu and it doesn’t seem smooth at all. Definitely not a secret gem on game pass, lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The second one sucked so no great loss really.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The second one sucked so no great loss really.

But for completely different reasons!

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Riven posted:

Congratulations! Remember to prioritize third-party games like Ni No Kuni, since first-party games stay indefinitely. Did you do the conversion deal?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Tried out Shadow Warrior 3 after reading the comments in this thread. It's the exact same kind of gameplay as modern Doom, so I don't like it at all. But it does run nice and smooth for me when putting it on performance mode.

Also, I had about 120 euros on my account because of gift cards and reward points, so I just bought 40 euros worth of Cities Skylines DLC. Also bought Dragon's Dogma for €3.74, never played it but I've heard good things. Now I'm eyeing Pizza Tycoon, but I haven't heard anything at all about that one.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Riven posted:

OP, did you buy three years of Live Gold and upgrade all 3 years to Game Pass Ultimate for a dollar saving you $360 over three years? It's the best deal in gaming.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I got it all access so no, I didn’t optimize it, but I’m happy with the cost vs what I’m getting.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

SpiderLink posted:

Congratulations! Remember to prioritize third-party games like Ni No Kuni, since first-party games stay indefinitely.

Come on man. Just tell him to play what he likes best. The console is new, you don't have to start min/maxing immediately.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Personally I think people should prioritize playing the games they like and skip the games they don't.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Professor Beetus posted:

Personally I think people should prioritize playing the games they like and skip the games they don't.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I completely forgot about psychonauts 2 till it was just mentioned. I was excited to try that when it launched but I never got round to it.

Too many games

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

But my gamer score

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Crafty posted:

I completely forgot about psychonauts 2 till it was just mentioned. I was excited to try that when it launched but I never got round to it.

Too many games

It’s incredible. I am a Tim Schafer super fan and I think it’s up there with Grim Fandango as his best narrative work.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
August is the Pinocchio/ Bloodborne month:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

External Organs posted:

August is the Pinocchio/ Bloodborne month:

They can't keep getting away with it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lies of pee, many are calling it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Looks like a very mid game. Perfect for gameflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ColdPie posted:

But my gamer score

High on Life will forever sit at 60/1000 and I am perfectly okay with that.