Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Gravid Topiary posted:

every time he draws him Garrison;s depiction of buttigieg makes him look more and more like a little penis+balls on spindly legs

Its prolly a direct takeoff of dick-butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

gently caress me i'm heading out and getting a bunch of bottled water

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Oglethorpe posted:

bottled water is bottled directly from Ohio river

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Xaris posted:

hope to get lots made before february

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

enjoy the microplastics lol

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

enjoy the microplastics lol

i'll drink the microplastics and bathe in vinyl chloride

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

not my bespoke Evian shipped from the French Alps!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

coke's dasani was filling its uk distribution from london tap water for years iirc maybe some other brand its been a while since it happened

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Koirhor posted:

not my bespoke Evian shipped from the French Alps!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if i was the secretary of transportation in charge of trains I wouldn't go on television and proudly announce that thousands of trains derail constantly all across the nation

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

why would you say something like this as the guy in charge of trains
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1626324897260572676?s=20

Well his job is mostly to do the bidding of transit corporations, so there you go

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Real hurthling! posted:

coke's dasani was filling its uk distribution from london tap water for years iirc maybe some other brand its been a while since it happened

part of my last job was buying the bottled water for concert tour busses, dressing rooms, and catering. and the #1 most common thing to see on all those lists, across hundreds of shows was "X cases spring water (no dasani or aquafina)" next to the bottled water amounts.

exactly one show requested dasani in the 15 years i was dealing with those lists. i bought sex toys and fuzzy handcuffs more often than i bought dasani.

dasani is gross trash water

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Time to start drinking my piss

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Recycling doesn't work

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Recycling doesn't work

i am making an ironic art piece where i "upcycle" broken bottles into works of art by fusing and slumping them, burning massive amounts of oil in the process

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Stereotype posted:

i am making an ironic art piece where i "upcycle" broken bottles into works of art by fusing and slumping them, burning massive amounts of oil in the process

You could just put the oil in the bottle and light it on fire before breaking it you know

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Stereotype posted:

great, now artists are rolling coal

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

how many trains crashed in the good ol usa today?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

how many trains crashed in the good ol usa today?

According to Pete, 3 or more.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
wow so a train causes a ecological disaster and now you all suddenly care about trains

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

For real, most of the trains that I have personal attachment to are only at risk of rust and boiler explosions. Please don't let Pete crash these, they're hard to replace.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

RandomBlue posted:

wow so a train causes a ecological disaster and now you all suddenly care about trains

if my son poisoned a small town in ohio i would pay attention to him too

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Stereotype posted:

oh cool i do the same thing except my art is throwing car batteries into the lake

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
good news its nothing at all!

https://twitter.com/AwesomeBiota/status/1626404433432117249?s=20

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Why are there so many dead fish in the creek ms microbiologist

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
things

aren't

that

bad

yet

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Even if she's right, what's the purpose of that comment besides being a know-it-all?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
technically correct that the shine is not gas I loving hate semantics when it applies to diffusing outrage

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
what does she even throw in the water btw?

Is it soap or something?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

It's a chunk of cement

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im right yet again

its a piece of a cinder block pretty sure

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

A log or piece of wood?

-twittage

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
a chunk of ohionobyl graphite

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Just a Moron posted:

Even if she's right, what's the purpose of that comment besides being a know-it-all?

reinforces that Everything Is Fine.

i have serious doubts about biofilms looking like that. afaik biofilms usually look like slime patches not poison. Like they're phsyical mats of material. ofc i'm not a big brain haver.

https://twitter.com/AwesomeBiota/status/1626638714762891281?s=20

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

could be a spooky haunted bone

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
until someone shows info describing how biofilms look like oil slicks i'm going to assume it's all natural anti-life manifestations.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

SniperWoreConverse posted:

reinforces that Everything Is Fine.

i have serious doubts about biofilms looking like that. afaik biofilms usually look like slime patches not poison. Like they're phsyical mats of material. ofc i'm not a big brain haver.

https://twitter.com/AwesomeBiota/status/1626638714762891281?s=20

I didn't realize how much I hated nerd libs until this moment.

Sorry that 's probably just the misogyny talking

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Actually to be charitable I might just chalk this up to autistic "missing the forest for the trees" and compulsive need to be technically correct.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah, it may be technical correctness but idk

this is the first time i've ever heard of detached films having that kind of effect. throwing a rock into one of my aquariums never did that. Was the water cycling too quickly for these holographic films to form? Literally the only time i have ever seen that sheen is in obvious pollution.

the only image i can find quick looks no creek to me

maybe it just requires nearly complete stagnation?

e: I was able to find a pic that claims to be biofilm forming in an aquarium:

i have never seen any kinda poo poo like this before but i guess it's technically possible that the river of death might have biofilms in it

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 08:29 on Feb 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I think almost any kind of hydrophobic liquid material will cause that visual affect. She could be right, I believe that what she's talking about is a natural phenomena, but maybe don't declare it as 100% true in a situation when you have reason to believe that there are other factors at play.

She's a bad scientist is what I'm saying.