Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah it's a really weird situation with the Jets. I'd rather have Carr if I was still in the market for an OC, but with Hackett there I'd lean towards Rodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jets and Carr would be phenomenal and make me mad

Please trade mega picks for Rodgers instead imo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Taking into consideration the expected contract costs, draft capital costs, and age, I think I’d prefer Carr to Rodgers.

By quite a bit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would be shocked if this visit with the intention of signing him without even knowing what Rodgers is doing because there are a lot of variables here. Rodgers is still probably the favorite.

This could also be Carr drumming up a market for the Saints to up their offer.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

If you have a Hackett/Carr pairing are you really looking at anything more than a wild card spot and maybe 1 playoff win if you're lucky? That is why I prefer Rodgers and his higher (much higher) ceiling.

Aren't you constantly complaining about how embarrassing it is for the team to go a decade without a playoff game?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet carr is a 3 year window. meet me back here in 3 yrs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

Aren't you constantly complaining about how embarrassing it is for the team to go a decade without a playoff game?

I'm OK with any of Carr, Rodgers or Lamar but it has to be one of those 3. I'm just giving you my ranking of those 3.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Really curious if the Packers would still trade Rodgers if he came out of his hole wanting to stay in GB? I mean, they did do essentially that with Favre, but that was super messy and you'd think they wouldn't want to repeat exactly that.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1626668035883802625

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Really curious if the Packers would still trade Rodgers if he came out of his hole wanting to stay in GB? I mean, they did do essentially that with Favre, but that was super messy and you'd think they wouldn't want to repeat exactly that.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1626668035883802625

I can't see any team trading for him without him saying he wanted to be there....

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Winning fixes everything and I imagine they're getting sick of trying to plan around Rodgers being an absurd Diva

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I can't see any team trading for him without him saying he wanted to be there....
Right so if he emerges from the darkness wanting to be a Packer, they're probably not trading him. Which makes the reports about them already moving on kinda interesting.

Favre didn't want to go to the Jets either. He wanted the Vikings or Bucs. Tannenbaum had do poo poo like show him northern Jersey hunting/fishing spots and allow him to wear camo and poo poo like that before he agreed.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Yea, and Green Bay can’t cut him so if Rodgers says he wants to come back and won’t play elsewhere then they’re hosed. But I think Rodgers is extraordinarily vain so if some team says they really really wanted him then he’d probably want to go there. He wants to be treated like he’s a special snowflake.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

There is nothing I want to see more than Rodgers in front of New York media

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Right so if he emerges from the darkness wanting to be a Packer, they're probably not trading him. Which makes the reports about them already moving on kinda interesting.

I kinda get the vibe that he's already decided that he wants to move on, and the whole darkness retreat is him deciding whether it's just from the Packers or from football altogether. Otherwise, I don't think we'd be getting these leaks about the Packers being done with him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Black Lighter posted:

I kinda get the vibe that he's already decided that he wants to move on, and the whole darkness retreat is him deciding whether it's just from the Packers or from football altogether. Otherwise, I don't think we'd be getting these leaks about the Packers being done with him.

This is probably what’s happening. Though the darkness thing could also just be performative as well

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's worse things you could do before a big life decision than take a few days of quiet to contemplate it. I'd take a dumbphone and go to a cabin or a beach somewhere for a few days rather than lie in solitary but to each their own.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sataere posted:

There is nothing I want to see more than Rodgers in front of New York media

If they lose it will be a shitshow if they win he'll be a god.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mcmagic posted:

If they lose it will be a shitshow if they win he'll be a god.

Either way, it'll be entertaining.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Nobody cares about Favre's tenure in NY so kinda doubt it. Even the Nets meltdown hadn't presented any juicy headlines.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like the NY media hasn’t really been a thing in like 5 years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel like the NY media hasn’t really been a thing in like 5 years

It's hard to judge the Zach Wilson+Daniel Jones+COVID years as anything more than a city being beaten down. To the point Jones finally making playoffs and getting a win is just a big change of pace there's not even legitimate backlash to it being a given he's getting a big payday extension in its aftermath

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I’m sure Aaron Rodgers is going to be very concerned by Rich Cimini and Brian Costello

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nobody cares about Favre's tenure in NY

That's where we got the dick pic from, so you can't say it wasn't memorable in some fashion at least.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah but Farve gave that out, lazy media can’t expect everyone to just hand them a story

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There hasn’t been an honest to goodness agent of chaos beat writer in New York since Manish was blackballed. The writers we have now just report poo poo we already know.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I doubt Rodgers with his gazillion dollars gives a poo poo about anyone in the media after he's spent the last two years having everyone bitch him out because he didn't want a vaccine and started shelving crystals.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nobody cares about Favre's tenure in NY so kinda doubt it. Even the Nets meltdown hadn't presented any juicy headlines.

There is literally not one person in New York who cares about the Nets.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I doubt Rodgers with his gazillion dollars gives a poo poo about anyone in the media after he's spent the last two years having everyone bitch him out because he didn't want a vaccine and started shelving crystals.

He’s spent the last two years having a continuous meltdown because people made fun of him online and regularly appears on podcasts to decry cancel culture and so on, he’s incredibly thin skinned and absolutely cares what people say about him publicly. I don’t think it has any effect on his performance, but getting roasted in the Post if he sucks would definitely make him do the “ I’m not mad, I’m actually laughing,” bit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

he’s incredibly thin skinned

This is not a particularly knew thing for Rodgers either, everyone already knew this for years. Now he's just in his hippie alternate medicine phase where it's both more frustrating and funnier.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

People in Boston were more mad about anything Kyrie did and he hasn't played for them in almost four years

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Definitely not true.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This is not a particularly knew thing for Rodgers either, everyone already knew this for years. Now he's just in his hippie alternate medicine phase where it's both more frustrating and funnier.

Favre pranking Rodgers those few years will never not be funny.

My favorite is when Rodgers did pre-season training with a signed helmet.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think the issue teams have to consider with Rodgers is that he doesn't want to work with new teammates over the offseason (or in the film room), plus he's old. with that in mind the Jets are probably his best situation because of Hackett. but even if you think he's the same physically as he was in 2020 it's a big risk

dropping winnable September games cause he's not on the same page as his receivers yet could screw you in the WC race, which is where his primary landing spots project to be

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

indigi posted:

I think the issue teams have to consider with Rodgers is that he doesn't want to work with new teammates over the offseason (or in the film room), plus he's old. with that in mind the Jets are probably his best situation because of Hackett. but even if you think he's the same physically as he was in 2020 it's a big risk

dropping winnable September games cause he's not on the same page as his receivers yet could screw you in the WC race, which is where his primary landing spots project to be

The teams that are that QB desperate don't have any perfect options unless Lamar is made available. And even he comes with some questions.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 19, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

totally true but I think Carr's floor is a lot higher than Rodgers, plus at least with Carr you aren't staring at the gaping chasm of dead cap off in the distance

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean Carr is going to get paid

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Carr’s cap hit this year is going to be significantly higher than Rodgers’ $16m hit for an acquiring team. If you’re trying to maximize for a 2 year window you take Rodgers and load up however you can. Get Orlando Brown or McGlinchey. Trade for DHop. Whatever.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Carr is going to get paid

I doubt his 2025 cap hit will be 60 million though

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If things go right with Carr you could have a franchise QB for the better part of a decade. If peak Rodgers still exists he's obviously the better player but there's almost no chance you'd get more than two seasons out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would assume Rodgers for 2 years. I would assume Carr for 3 or 4? It’s tough to project anything longer for any non-elite QB with much confidence, especially ones on the other side of 30.