Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

That receipt toy is amazing! I love puns.

Bark box does an awesome job with the toy puns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My dog also got his Barkbox today, but he has to get the super chewer because he destroys fabric toys with surgical precision

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Yakuzas - Hot Diggity can weigh in here

My friend I thank you.

Aside from the many good games BJO presented hell yes the Yakuza games all own. Been a series around forever. Hundreds of hours of entertainment on the cheap. The most serious drama broken up by the most ridiculous side quests and mini games.

Yakuza Zero is chronologically the first in the series and (arguably) the best, but there are no bad Yakuza games. All except for Y7 have pretty basic brawler combat. Y7 is a soft reboot so it's also not a terrible spot to start, but some of the funnier things and story beats may not hit as hard. It's entirely cribbing off of Dragon Quest combat.

Also Ishin which takes place in (iirc) feudal Japan just got a remaster. Never been a better time to start playing the series!

Anyhow it's Friday night

https://g.co/kgs/228Ci7

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 18, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

If you're going to consume the pho immediately, yes. If it's takeout and who knows how long that raw meat has been off temperature? Uhh

raw beef is fine at room temperature for several hours, even a day or two, and is not the same as raw chicken

like before the invention of refrigeration, people routinely kept beef around for days before eating it, and it did not instantly spoil

also millions of people take pho home and dip the meat in the broth and don't get sick, and also you can straight up just eat raw beef if you want, it's safe

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Don’t tell ‘em about steak tartare

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My son is safe. Thankfully through police oversight the active shooter situation turned into a blazing apartment fire which is unlikely to reach my home a few miles away.

i am grateful that you and your loved ones are safe

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Things I've played or feel comfortable recommending (spotted more I know some people love, but maybe more niche). Straight up RPG's I'm not an expert, but a lot of games have RPG elements. Apologies if it's overwhelming, tbh I haven't gone through the Game Pass library in a long time and didn't realize there were 445 games on there now!

gaming words

*wipes tear from my eye* a true gamer

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

i am grateful that you and your loved ones are safe

For some reason I really needed to hear that. Thank you for the kind comment. It's deeply appreciated.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Sing it to the heavens

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

His body might be fermenting for all we know.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Samadhi posted:

Please don’t anyone use *the* gamer word in here

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was told the Yakuza games were a bad GTA knock off so I stayed away from them.

What a mistake that was.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Gotta love spending 45 minutes troubleshooting why a game won't play, seeing other people having the same issue but not coming to any resolution and just having to give up on it.

PC is neat and all but this is why I prefer consoles.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

God drat y’all thanks for the lists, this is great. I’ve played a few of these (Deathloop and Prey were fun) but some I’ve never heard of.

I’ve tried hitman games before and bounced off of them but I’ll give that one a shot, why not.

Titanfall2 is a good callout, I’ve heard great things about that

I get why people may not enjoy Hitman, but imo it's the perfect combo of dumb fun and challenge. Idk when you played it, but since the first game they added a lot of QOL improvements to indicate you're doing stuff like trespassing and trying to make it clear who might recognize you at any given time. There are still Hitman Rules that make it a video game, but it's another one where half the fun is recovering after things go sideways.

That said, you're already a Prey fan, so as far as I'm concerned you've seen the light. Whatever you end up playing, half the fun of Game Pass is just knowing you can try a shitload of games and bail if you get an hour or so in and just don't feel it. No need to begrudgingly play something you aren't enjoyg just because it was $30.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Samadhi posted:

*presses f*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bobjr posted:

I was told the Yakuza games were a bad GTA knock off so I stayed away from them.

What a mistake that was.

I kinda get the comparison, sorta open world, half of it is being drunk constantly and picking fights. But yeah they are very different things in their various versions of dudes rock insanity.

e: Yakuza stories if you care about the story are film noir in the end, GTA stories are stories are gangsters making good? Which is odd for a series named Yakuza, but I think that's generally true.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I get why people may not enjoy Hitman, but imo it's the perfect combo of dumb fun and challenge. Idk when you played it, but since the first game they added a lot of QOL improvements to indicate you're doing stuff like trespassing and trying to make it clear who might recognize you at any given time. There are still Hitman Rules that make it a video game, but it's another one where half the fun is recovering after things go sideways.

That said, you're already a Prey fan, so as far as I'm concerned you've seen the light. Whatever you end up playing, half the fun of Game Pass is just knowing you can try a shitload of games and bail if you get an hour or so in and just don't feel it. No need to begrudgingly play something you aren't enjoyg just because it was $30.

I love when I'm at work or out and one of my friends gives a game recc and I can download it through the app, get home and be good to go immedately.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Drunk-watching Silver Surfer and my fiancee goes "that kinda looks like Tom Brady?"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Drunk-watching Silver Surfer and my fiancee goes "that kinda looks like Tom Brady?"

He ate one strawberry.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh no, Viz just uploaded all of Inuyasha to watch for free on Youtube. I'm gonna rewatch it all. That show did not miss on it's ending theme songs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Last day of the trip and it finally happened.

Woke up to horrible gastric distress at 3 am. Both ends. Low grade fever. Nausea. Begged the hotel to just let me stay until 6pm (flight home leaves at 10p) but they have a huge group coming in and they had to have us leave.

Currently housing everything I could find in the pharmacy, pushing Gatorade, waiting for a quantumania showing start so I can just sleep somewhere for a couple hours.

This is going to be the worst travel day of my life.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Stomach flu on an all day flight is definitely one of the lower circles of hell.

Godspeed my friend.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If I play my cards right I can sneak out of this right into cocaine bear.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

If I play my cards right I can sneak out of this right into cocaine bear.

Eat a block of cheese and take some imodium my brother.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/people/status/1626831926949453824?t=F7iyaQM5InZSO_D4A7m7lg&s=19

drat, ever since WFH became a thing The Peoples Court was a staple in our house in the afternoon.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh no, Viz just uploaded all of Inuyasha to watch for free on Youtube. I'm gonna rewatch it all. That show did not miss on it's ending theme songs.

KAGOME

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

drat, ever since WFH became a thing The Peoples Court was a staple in our house in the afternoon.

This is so far out of my wheelhouse I'm swinging for things that are going to hit me in the face, but looking up the People's Court I'm remembering a lot of names. Wapner. Freaking Ed Koch?

I had no idea there was a manufactured TV rivalry with Judge Judy by hiring her husband for a couple of years. I was sure Mills Lane was involved at some point but that was his own show I guess. Also sadly I just noticed Mills Lane finally passed late in 2022.

e: also godspeed Fiz.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 18, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Look I watched and read Fushigi Yuugi before Inuyasha so my particular teen girl brain was primed to be ultra tolerant of the two mains yelling each other's names a lot.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/people/status/1626831926949453824?t=F7iyaQM5InZSO_D4A7m7lg&s=19

I watched a surprising amount of Dr. Phil. It's just Maury/Springer/Rikki Lake/Sally Jesse Raphael dressed up as not trash to appeal to the suburban moms who looked down on those shows.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Does anyone even care about MCU movies anymore?

It’s fine, I guess. Probably setting things up.

Better than multiverse of madness.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 18, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I watched a surprising amount of Dr. Phil. It's just Maury/Springer/Rikki Lake/Sally Jesse Raphael dressed up as not trash to appeal to the suburban moms who looked down on those shows.

How does Dr Oz fit into that? Ignoring his recent forays, one of my only memories of his was a segment somewhat along the lines of “the penis is the dipstick of your health” but that doc title seemed to carry him a ways

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pontius Pilate posted:

How does Dr Oz fit into that? Ignoring his recent forays, one of my only memories of his was a segment somewhat along the lines of “the penis is the dipstick of your health” but that doc title seemed to carry him a ways

Dr Oz and Dr Phil are horrible, horrible loving people. Like, worse human beings than Maury/Springer/Rikki Lake/Sally Jesse Raphael by a long shot. But Dr Oz was actually a successful and excellent surgeon before he started shilling poison to people, kinda like how Ben Carson was an excellent pediatric neurosurgeon.

I think most medical doctors tend to vastly overestimate what they know about anything that isn't medicine, but surgeons in particular seem to be the worst about it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

They suck now op. All their writers left and Disney's new code for movies is dumb as poo poo and breaks stories.

Wakanda forever was an absolute mess. Thor sucked out loud. It's just poo poo all the way down.

Tony starks final snap blinked good movies out of existence in that universe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I liked Multiverse of Madness, but I think that was largely things Raimi did than the actual plot or script.

Edit: And Wakanda Forever had some behind the scenes issues that required completely revamping the entire story when they were kinda deep in pre-production, so it's hard to hold it against the film.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

I kinda get the comparison, sorta open world, half of it is being drunk constantly and picking fights. But yeah they are very different things in their various versions of dudes rock insanity.

e: Yakuza stories if you care about the story are film noir in the end, GTA stories are stories are gangsters making good? Which is odd for a series named Yakuza, but I think that's generally true.
GTA games are Goodfellas, Yakuza games are Get Shorty.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Stomach flu on an all day flight is definitely one of the lower circles of hell.

Godspeed my friend.

My kiddo had to poop twice on a domestic flight and I thought that was a nightmare.

I can’t imagine flying over an ocean with gastritis. Just thinking about the cold sweats hitting me when the occupied sign is on is enough to give me heart palpitations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’d recommend changing seats with someone in the back row so you can be right next to the toilet.

That saved me when I flew from LA to Hawaii and a black bean burrito was loving up my gut.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cautiously optimistic loperamide and zofran will get me through the first leg.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't know how they can have any stakes after Endgame. Maybe they just need time to set things up and I don't know what's going on, I had a little bit of background knowledge all throughout the Infinity Stones story.

Skwirl posted:

Edit: And Wakanda Forever had some behind the scenes issues that required completely revamping the entire story when they were kinda deep in pre-production, so it's hard to hold it against the film.

I thought WF was super interesting because it's a movie about dealing with grief first, and an action movie second. I think that's a really gutsy call for what's been the premiere action movie franchise of the last decade and change, though as you said they were forced into it. Kinda gets at the initial "promise" of the MCU where they were going to let directors do their own movies for the most part, so long as they stuck to a few pre-set rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

so many syndicated shows are dying out

something i've noticed is that we're on our way for daytime schedules to be nothing but news-type programming, like fox here in dc is mostly local programming during the day