Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

fat morpheus has to take 3 or 4 of those blue pills just to go down the rabbit hole anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Morpheplus

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KK4UFhfZkQ

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

So is that Wednesday show just a crappy rip off Daria?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
also veronica mars

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

So is that Wednesday show just a crappy rip off Daria?

yeah it sucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's another one of those shows that apparently did ok but has had no greater cultural impact outside of the scene where she dances weird

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

is there a good article i can read or documentary i can watch about the history of tetris because i just cant shake this crazy feeling that the movie is overlaying weird racisms and action scenes on a story about a business deal

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

is there a good article i can read or documentary i can watch about the history of tetris because i just cant shake this crazy feeling that the movie is overlaying weird racisms and action scenes on a story about a business deal

here is the first in an eight part article series about soviet computing and how tetris arose from that scene. the tetris story itself starts in part 3 if for some reason you're not interested in learning about early soviet computers

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 04:47 on Feb 18, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1626789386430951424

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

here is the first in an eight part article series about soviet computing and how tetris arose from that scene. the tetris story itself starts in part 3 if for some reason you're not interested in learning about early soviet computers

lmao of course Robert Maxwell shows up all over this

"In the end, Stein wound up inking a deal in June of 1987 with the British publisher Mirrorsoft, a well-funded operation owned by the newspaper tycoon Robert Maxwell. Through a Byzantine array of tax dodges involving a charitable trust based in Lichtenstein — the Maxwell business empire was built on the most ethically shaky of foundations, as would become clear when it collapsed in scandal a few years later — Maxwell also owned a controlling interest in the American publisher Spectrum Holobyte, an up-and-comer best known for their complicated, very un-Tetris-like military simulations."

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
hmmm no sorry pretty sure the soviets were just wacky and paranoid for no reason

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jazerus posted:

quote:

The walls were coming down between West and East, both figuratively and literally, thanks to Mikhail Gorbachev’s impossibly brave choice to let his empire go — peacefully.

hm

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i forgot exactly how lib the author is (very) but it's still a good article series. the dude is great at writing about the history of technology & games, the business deals therein, etc. but lol @ his takes on communism

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Of course you did.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
https://twitter.com/kickassvargas/status/1626759767434870784?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

RIP George Miller

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

tough loss for australia

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

RIP George Miller

loving clarify which one you rear end in a top hat

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Laterite posted:

lmao of course Robert Maxwell shows up all over this

"In the end, Stein wound up inking a deal in June of 1987 with the British publisher Mirrorsoft, a well-funded operation owned by the newspaper tycoon Robert Maxwell. Through a Byzantine array of tax dodges involving a charitable trust based in Lichtenstein — the Maxwell business empire was built on the most ethically shaky of foundations, as would become clear when it collapsed in scandal a few years later — Maxwell also owned a controlling interest in the American publisher Spectrum Holobyte, an up-and-comer best known for their complicated, very un-Tetris-like military simulations."

kinda funny that he's now "evil businessman robert maxwell (better known for his family work)"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol at Marvel putting all the underlying backstory for their big villain in this garbage

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

you put all that effort into being a world-leading famous rear end in a top hat and then less than thirty years later it's all overshadowed by some creepy guy your daughter was hanging around with

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

redneck nazgul posted:

loving clarify which one you rear end in a top hat

The Australian film director

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

lol

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mantis42 posted:

this is hosed up Australia, why did you allow this

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Oh man confirmation that it’s terrible. I know that’s why you posted the tweet but drat antman got owned so hard here, if I was Paul Rudd that would make me start crying uncontrollably.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
the kiss of death

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i thought ben afflec was the ant man?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OneTakeNews/status/1625914779800829962?t=ATM82fngron5yrCE0hyhpg&s=19

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

he's a loving freak and he's hiding a swastika birthmark under that hat

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The MCU has done more than one kind of thing?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lmao at the though of a movie 80 years from now being canonically linked to Iron Man 2006 or whenever the gently caress it came out, sure yeah right kevin

imagine some director coming out today being like "this movie is an important addition to the Mutiny on the Bounty Saga"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

imagine some director coming out today being like "this movie is an important addition to the Mutiny on the Bounty Saga"

the original saga or is it part of the Chris Pine Bountyverse?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
still wish m&c universe was a real thing and not a meme, i get disappointed every time i see that stupid pic lmao

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

watched hamilton recently and even though i dislike LMM, the You'll Be Back song is really good

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Started watching Allo Allo. drat brits made funny shows.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

watched hamilton recently and even though i dislike LMM, the You'll Be Back song is really good

i knew what song you must be talking about because its the only one that doesnt sound like identical cringe rap for grandmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i did kinda like sullen george iii getting a breakup song

wonder if hamilton ever tours the uk