Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

hate to be ndt but looks like a spacex launch fuel burn and yeah there was one earlier today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I think probably might be a good idea to stop filling the sky w trash

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Are there any contemporary men in black stories?
Our Strange Skies has a good episode showing them all being aliens in disguise lol, but all the stories take place decades ago.

id like to know this too!
historically theres been two types:
actual gmen with serious bits of paper about your career and life

things like the thin men from xcom. lookalikes who drive cars that look at a glance like a car but its like the car from buick 6

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
anything weird fall out of the sky yet today

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

endocriminologist posted:

and deprive our brave sky warriors of target practice?!!?!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

These loving balloons man,

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im missing the rush from last weekend

gonna go buy some get well soon balloons at the dollar store, notice me noradsenpei

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

endocriminologist posted:

no.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

shiny objects over naval base

NUFORC posted:

2 objects came out of cloud . they looked just like mirrors reflecting. they stayed fixed in the sky for about 10 min. then they started to move up and down opposite each other in direction. then they moved away from cloud slowly and went straight up till at of sight. we were eating lunch .we were in shipfitter school at us naval base.there were about 50 of us watching this happen. i just got a computer and really thought about contacting anybody in all these years, till i saw sightings on tv. excuse my tying, its new to me.i wonder if there were any other reports about this. it could have been in june. july, or august. its been so long ago. thanks for looking at my lette

color changing sphere in chile

NUFORC posted:

One sphere,size of a house,moving slowly west to east crossing the road,at an estimated distance from our car 200 yards and not to high 50 -70 yards. We where in the midle of the desert returning from Tacna the border of Peru to Arica the city we use to live. the most amazing thing was that the sphere was changing colors from blue to green,to red yellow and the colors where moving on the sphere like floating on its surface and giving a look of a gaseoous and solid object at the same time.Look like liquid metal. We saw it disapear slowly to the east and after that we start the car without saying word at least for 15 minutes after the observation,there wasn't anything to say it was an extreme shocking experience.

cigar over st louis

NUFORC posted:

i was siting in my car at hampton and watson facing north forest park was at horizon line. the trees were starting to green up real good when i noticed a brownish gray shaped thing above the park .it floted there a min or less diped into the green of the park back up into view .lifted up about 4 times its lengh and started moving to the west it was out of sight it about 5 sec moving in an upward angle into some high cloudes. the thing was in the park between my drive line and barns hospital about by the horse stables, when it started my distance was about 2.5 to 3 miles from the craft it was aprx 150 to 200 ft in lengh and no it was not the arena. this was a clear blue sky sighting

zig zagging copper colored light

NUFORC posted:

This object looked like a bright star, zig-zagging, abruptly stopping & then zig-zagging @ a high rate of speed above Boulder, Colorado. This event took place while camping above Boulder, CO. on Flagstaff Mountain. At this position we had a very clear view of the sky & the town below. The object went from one end of the sky to the other & was witnessed by myself as well as 4 other friends. This took place approximately in July of 1969. We were all just kids & no one would believe us. Since then I've been in the military & have traveled abroad & have witnessed another sighting in Terrell TX. The object was copper in color , it came out of the woods as I was driving down the road late @ night & I lost sight of it as it shot straight up. This happened in 1978 on or around the month of May right off highway 429. This was an unpopulated area @ the time.

orange sphere descends into forest

NUFORC posted:

I was driving home and noticed a round orange ball in the sky. At first I thought it was a Shell gas station sign that was five miles away. That particular sign was very tall and located next to an interstate hwy. Then as I thought about it, I realized that it couldn't be that sign it was simply too far away and I had never noticed it before. This was a rural area with open fields and scattered houses.

As I paid more attention, I could see this round orange ball, which must have been 75-100 ft. in diameter and maybe a mile away, was gradually descending to the ground.

I thought there should be a logical explanation even including a hallucination, but as it descended (very slowly)it started to change shape from round to elliptical.

As it decended it's light filtered though distant trees as it apparently settled in a field. At this point I knew it was real but I was totally puzzled as to what I saw.

The change in shape has fascinated me. I ruled out a hot air baloon; I have see those at night and the entire baloon is illuminated. I have thought that the orange color was produced by heat.

Until now, I have only told a few people about this. In those days there was even more stigma and most people just laughed it off. I now know others have reported seeing something similar to this, and that is why I am offering my account - to support this mounting evidence.

That early morning I simply went home to bed and never investgated it further. I wish now that I had explored the area where it landed.

Whether it was from this world or another, I can say it was not natural, it moved in a very slow and controlled fashion. The color was not glaring but more diffused almost like a harvest moon would be.

gold orbs group up, multiply, and then shoot away in different directions

NUFORC posted:

Sarasota, Florida summer 1968 or 69 Beautiful day, some clouds, I'm standing waist deep out in the gulf, looking back towards shore. There are other people, trees, houses ect on the shoreline.

Over the tops of the trees, I see a glowing gold orb, ball shaped, but no way to tell the size, not very big from my vantage point, but very bright.. It sort of darted around some, and then 2 more glowing gold balls showed up.

They all went together in one spot, 2 of them went to the 3rd one, but it didnt get bigger.

But when they were all in one spot, after less than a few seconds, all of the sudden, 5 split off in different directions up and away, very fast, and were gone.

Whole thing took less than 10 seconds. I can still see the relative scene, but I never could decide how big they were, or how far away. It seems I was rather far out in the water, that area is very flat and you can go 100 yds or more out in the gulf and not be in very deep. The shoreline was very far away as I recall, at least 100 yards.

NO one else seemed to have noticed, and I dont remember anything after that. Sure do remember it tho! They really glowed, and were very golden colored. didnt pulse. Darted around like a hummingbird does, zip zip, back and forth, up and down, nothing we have can do that even now really. It was totally cool and I wish I could see more stuff like that.!!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I always thought it was neat that while "flying saucer" is the English parlance, in French it is "cigar volant" (flying cigar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU9B07vaeU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sometimes a flying cigar is just a flying cigar

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for the hobbyist balloon stories

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:rolleye:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

It's considered extremely rude to acknowledge the existence of orbs

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i sure hope pondering the orb isnt rude because i have been pondering them orbs

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Futanari Damacy posted:

I always thought it was neat that while "flying saucer" is the English parlance, in French it is "cigar volant" (flying cigar)

"Cigare volant" is for cylinders.

"Flying saucer" is simply "Soucoupe volante"

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcWtrIx0ppA

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

blatman posted:

i sure hope pondering the orb isnt rude because i have been pondering them orbs

never let someone shame you for orb pondering.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol Joe Biden spent millions of dollars blowing up toy balloons and now is scrambling to cover that up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tekne posted:

so the same sky dookie has appeared in albania now lmao

https://imgur.com/a/v9BvtEV

pancake rabbit posted:

hmm where have i seen something like that before oh wait remember this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alaska-cloud-ufo-police-investigation-b2055021.html
https://petapixel.com/2022/04/12/photos-of-bizarre-cloud-over-alaska-spark-conspiracy-theories/

and a comment in the reddit thread on the billings totally-normal-contrail linked to this, which i hadn't seen anywhere else

https://globalnews.ca/news/9480578/b-c-mystery-fireball-okanagan/

The multiple fire worms in the sky are in no way related to recent NORAD and U. S. Northern Command operations associated with airborne objects over North America during the last two weeks.

Irn-Bru posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pFktmIu.mp4
This was taken on February 1st in Coatbridge, Scotland (East of Glasgow) - link to original story.

Edit: poles haven't flipped yet

:lol:

:nsa:

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
does maritime law classify USO's as flotsam or jetsam?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WEH posted:

color changing sphere in chile
https://nuforc.org/webreports/reports/019/S19417.html
One sphere,size of a house,moving slowly west to east crossing the road,at an estimated distance from our car 200 yards and not to high 50 -70 yards. We where in the midle of the desert returning from Tacna the border of Peru to Arica the city we use to live. the most amazing thing was that the sphere was changing colors from blue to green,to red yellow and the colors where moving on the sphere like floating on its surface and giving a look of a gaseoous and solid object at the same time.Look like liquid metal. We saw it disapear slowly to the east and after that we start the car without saying word at least for 15 minutes after the observation,there wasn't anything to say it was an extreme shocking experience.

This one caught my eye... That description of "We just sat there silently for 15 minutes" strikes me as someone going through "lost time" either without realizing that they did, or that the time-loss phenomenon didn't affect them as strongly as the others in the car.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

I'm convinced

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's still Alaska

Surely we'll not go 0/3 in recovering things that are vitally important to shoot down right that minute with no additional information

I don’t buy this at all.

They recovered whatever they wanted to recover and stopped looking after a couple days. Theres people up there who were taking first hand accounts and watching flight activity out to the sea ice and posting it on TikTok/YouTube. Not a lot going on around Deadhorse and the supposed shoot down was close to the coast so it’s hard to confuse the activity with anything else.

https://youtu.be/4AagT0njzeU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

too embarrassed to walk out in front of a dozen crying high school science club members on national tv? easy, just say you can't find the debris and call off the search

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh for sure. They're lying about recovery, that's a given.

So we can't see the pictures, can't see the data, can't hear from the pilots, and don't even ask about the debris. Nothing is conclusive but we know they intent was probably not malevolent, maybe, possibly, and it could be hobby balloons or it could be sky trash.

Sure, whatever you say Mr. Kirby, I buy it. That all adds up and I am a tremendous dolt who drinks Ohio tapwater.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Double post but I'll say what I really think is happening - they scrambled so fast that hosed up that the OSINT/plane tracker dudes were able to catch them in the act.
The only thing they cleaned up since is they are now gonna make drat sure their flight trackers are off

nightbird
Dec 29, 2021
You can't change the volume in my dreams

uber_stoat posted:

never let someone shame you for orb pondering.

Pondering the orb with a bunch of other people all at the same time was a popular activity back in the 60s and 70s. A bunch of UFO zines would publish messages and times so everyone could ponder together at once. It was rad.

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

No it's the same we call it soucoupe volante.

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
Sorry for the double post

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

DrHub posted:

No it's the same we call it soucoupe volante.

thats only in the soucoupe volante region of france, everywhere else its sparkling pnutties

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012

blatman posted:

thats only in the soucoupe volante region of france, everywhere else its sparkling pnutties

I don't care as long there's alcohol in it.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

We Swedes had the cigars first I think

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
paint me like one of your alien cigar girls

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What advanced ethanol technologies do the birds possess

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

unfortunately i think they still use leaded gasoline

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Pff who would drink lead

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

WEH posted:

isnt china no first use? hard to get too worked up about dumbass posturing with them

They have it on the books but I find it very hard to believe that if they thought their territory was being genuinely threatened they wouldn't break them out

It's not like they haven't threatened to use nuclear weapons in the past, during the sino-viet war they explicitly told Russia that if they did anything to help Vietnam they would nuke them

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

We shoot down their shapes

They derail our trains

Moves and countermoves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Egg Moron posted: