Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

wizard2 posted:

every Pokemon is somebody's favorite Pokemon and somewhere a small host of loaded Wailord fans finally have their wish

I'm actually pretty interested to find out who are the people that have like, Rellor or something as their favourite Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rellor

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Marill will always be my forever fav because it reminds me of furiously searching the early internet for “leaked new Pokémon Pikablu!!!” before G/S came out.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

wizard2 posted:

every Pokemon is somebody's favorite Pokemon and somewhere a small host of loaded Wailord fans finally have their wish

I’ve heard of video game fans with money being whales but this is ridiculous!!!!!

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

HopperUK posted:

If you're not bothered about story then SwSh is the way to go. I had fun with BDSP but they're more nice little curiosities than anything I'd strongly recommend. and SwSh has a unicorn in it.

Cheers, got Shield. My unicorn shall pierce the heavens.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm actually pretty interested to find out who are the people that have like, Rellor or something as their favourite Pokemon.

Sunkern all the way. I love many Pokemon, but that's been my favourite design since it came out. The worst Pokemon possible by almost any metric, but so stinkin cute.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Poobug isnt my favourite but I do like its design and have a lot of fun with support Rabsca in raids.

Sandslash is still my all time favourite though. Exploud is a close second.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

whats the general best way to grind XP? So far ive just been grinding raids and feeding XP candy I get from that, anything more efficient? Can I buy XP candy or just get em from raids?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kvlt! posted:

whats the general best way to grind XP? So far ive just been grinding raids and feeding XP candy I get from that, anything more efficient? Can I buy XP candy or just get em from raids?

Normal encounter sandwich and hang out near the Fairy base and fight Chanseys. I do the raid XP thing instead though because I get less bored that way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Assuming you’re talking about SV then make a ham sandwich and start farming Chanseys (and the occasional Blissey). Not sure what the best place to do it is but I’ve found you can find a lot of them outside some of the Team Star bases

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thank you everyone!!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Poobug isnt my favourite but I do like its design and have a lot of fun with support Rabsca in raids.

Sandslash is still my all time favourite though. Exploud is a close second.

Hell yeah, I love Sandshrew and Sandslash. Not my absolute favorite, but way up there.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sandslash was my instant favorite when the series first came out. I still have the tiny figure set of it and Sandshrew. I don't know why, but I really liked the design back then.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

yeah I reckon they had to do the classic “I’ve been given an insane deadline” thing of tossing live-without-able QoL features overboard to get to minimum viable product. hopefully Game Freak can point to bad press and positive reaction to the patch to buy a little more time going forward but I can’t say I’m super confident

they already have their self-imposed, inflexible schedule going forward. we've known since swish (arguably sumo, but the transition from 3DS had people wondering) that gen 10 will come out Q4 2025.
they should probably staff up in order to more easily meet that deadline

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

HopperUK posted:

Today's baffling Surprise Trade naming decision: a female Pyroar named 'lil man'

I mean fair enough I ain't the gender police. You do you, fire lion.

e: also I've come around on Spidops because of its goofy animation. Stop sneaking around you goober, you're four feet tall and the grass is ankle-length, I can see you

"lil man" evolved into a girl, got kicked out of the house. that tracks. now in a more loving home!

indigi posted:

they already have their self-imposed, inflexible schedule going forward. we've known since swish (arguably sumo, but the transition from 3DS had people wondering) that gen 10 will come out Q4 2025.
they should probably staff up in order to more easily meet that deadline

b... b... but think of the poor shareholders!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some new visuals on Ash’s upcoming replacements:

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1626528101235851264

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1626528249269604352

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1623991283835609088

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1623994674607435776

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HopperUK posted:

here I painted a picture to show the thread how I feel about it

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

Some new visuals on Ash’s upcoming replacements:

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1626528101235851264
That's a really fukken cool pokeball, NGL (red and greenishblue gems), and I'm gonna bet it'll have some connection to, like, a Magearna or somethin

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as&t=24s

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GS Ball round 2 let's go

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
They open the ball in the last episode only to find the GS ball inside it.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

galagazombie posted:

Its a paradox Electrode that looks like the GS ball.

there's also this little detail:

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1625903162099138561

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Its a paradox Electrode that looks like the GS ball.

there's also this little detail:

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1625903162099138561

I forget, have we ever seen a Shiny in the anime before?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Larryb posted:

I forget, have we ever seen a Shiny in the anime before?

Quite a few actually.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_alternately_colored_Pok%C3%A9mon_(anime)

The most notable is Ash's Noctowl.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Journeys even featured a shiny hunter and gave us this incredible psyduck

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah yes, I remember now. This might be our first reoccurring plot relevant legendary to appear in an actual series though (unless Ultra Beasts and Melmetal count that is)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Journeys even featured a shiny hunter and gave us this incredible psyduck

I'm actually a bit upset that he never appeared again.

Most of the time though, a shiny Pokemon usually appears as the main focus for an episode, either as a rival to a Pokemon that's regular colored, a love interest, or an adversary of some sort.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 18, 2023

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Larryb posted:

Ah yes, I remember now. This might be our first reoccurring plot relevant legendary to appear in an actual series though (unless Ultra Beasts and Melmetal count that is)

I mean, the Red Gyarados has recurred a fair bit, thanks to the anime having Lance catch it. ANime Steven's got a shiny Metagross, too.

I'm not sure how you could draw 'first reoccurring plot relevant legendary' in a way that doesn't give that to Noctowl, though.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 18, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I mean, the Red Gyarados has recurred a fair bit, thanks to the anime having Lance catch it.

I'm not sure how you could draw 'first reoccurring plot relevant legendary' in a way that doesn't give that to Noctowl, though.

Last I checked Shiny Pokemon don’t count as legendaries (but I could be wrong), I was mostly referring to the fact it was a Rayquaza

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

galagazombie posted:

This would be sick

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Larryb posted:

Last I checked Shiny Pokemon don’t count as legendaries (but I could be wrong), I was mostly referring to the fact it was a Rayquaza

...how am I so stupid that I missed 'legendary' there. Wow.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

There's probably not much to this Shiny Rayquaza, apart from like having the same role as Ho-Oh was to Ash's story.

I think it might also indicate that this new anime might even take place in a completely different continuity since this isn't the first time that an alternate universe where the difference is that a Legendary is shiny, since Ash literally traveled to one where before Guzzlord came and destroyed that Alola, its one and only Tapu Koko was a shiny one.

This isn't even the first time we've seen a shiny Rayquaza since one appeared in that Hoopa movie, having been summoned by Hoopa's rings.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m already assuming the new series will have little to no connection to its predecessors (though I’m at least hoping Paldea gets more focus here than Galar got in Journeys), which is probably for the best honestly

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zuzie posted:

There's probably not much to this Shiny Rayquaza, apart from like having the same role as Ho-Oh was to Ash's story.

I was about to post this. They're probably just using it as a parallel to the first season. Except we actually know what it is this time.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I have a friend who's favorite Pokemon is Wailord, and she was abosolutely giddy and has already ordered the giant whale.

Not something I'd drop the money on, but I'm happy for her.

I did get my GF the Gengar squishmallow for Valentine's day though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's hosed up that Kecleon's shiny isn't like that purple one that showed up in the anime and Mystery Dungeon for some reason.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The anime has been lying to us since Butterfree's girlfriend

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the anime is not canon. but, get this—the friggin manga is.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

the anime is not canon. but, get this—the friggin manga is.

which one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PokeSpe