Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption posted:

i guess i have to clarify for the folks at home

the post-kissinger natsec ghouls did not want thawing relations between western europe and russia, and the pipes that the us denounced for years and years were an expression of this

it's why people are dying en masse and to handwave their destruction away as "a couple of pipes" is awfully dismissive

no the "why" is because russia sent about 200 000 soldiers (also tanks and poo poo) over the border about a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

lobster shirt posted:

putin has respectfully left my dick intact

good for you man

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Qurnah posted:

no the "why" is because russia sent about 200 000 soldiers (also tanks and poo poo) over the border about a year ago

this sounds more like a "what" kind of answer to me tbh

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
gonna have to have a they live style fight to put the glasses on this one

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Sometimes my good friends and allies obliterate my nads with a gigantic cartoon mallet and i say thank you for your service :patriot:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Qurnah posted:

Why do you think they invaded?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

My screams of agony will interrupt Putin's afternoon nap, so it was justified after all

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

"Ukraine winning" has never really been NATOs goal. The Nafo idiots think they'll somehow pull out a win, but the larger objective was just to drag down Russia's resources.

And I wonder how much better that would have worked if the invasion had not been timed IMMEDIATELY after the pullout in Afghanistan. How much of that abandoned equipment could have been funneled into Ukraine? There were 22K humvees, 16k night vision goggles, 64K machine guns, all sorts of poo poo that could have been used here. I cant imagine the timing wasn't intentional.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Qurnah posted:

this is good posting :yum:

mad vlad february 2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAfb3f04mo

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there were mass deaths and a refugee crisis in ukraine before 2022

the reason they were all dying and will continue to die was because of the pipes being a detente incarnate

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Qurnah posted:

it's not only germany though, the eu's entire energy net is kinda connected so energy prices have gone up everywhere so it's not just "their" problem, my electricity bill has gone up about 10x since last year

that said as someone who is directly affected by this idgaf if the americans did it or not, i personally do think it was them who did it but anything that puts less money in the pocket of putins warcrime machine the better

good dog

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

Ardennes posted:

Why do you think they invaded?

i've already done this a hundred times and i'm done with it, yes i agree that the us and others are playing geopolitics everywhere at once as does russia, china, eu etc etc

i'm really not trying to do a "whatabout", just stating that i'm aware of the constant fuckery going on in the world

the situation in ukraine was hosed in many different ways i know but putin took it way to loving far when he invaded

i'm gonna gently caress off now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euros are the dumbest mfs on this planet

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
if you had a leader as bold and handsome as putin, maybe you could have been protected from those energy prices impressed upon you by the anglo-american axis. alas,

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cpt_Obvious posted:

"Ukraine winning" has never really been NATOs goal. The Nafo idiots think they'll somehow pull out a win, but the larger objective was just to drag down Russia's resources.

And I wonder how much better that would have worked if the invasion had not been timed IMMEDIATELY after the pullout in Afghanistan. How much of that abandoned equipment could have been funneled into Ukraine? There were 22K humvees, 16k night vision goggles, 64K machine guns, all sorts of poo poo that could have been used here. I cant imagine the timing wasn't intentional.

More precisesly, they wanted a late 1980s scenario where the Russian federation would dump a bunch of resources in the war while oil prices were dropping eventually leading to economic collapse and a breakup.

The problem is they forgot to look outside and figure out that isn't going to happen, so a country of 40 million people got thrown into shedder for absolutely no reason. Some Europeans are trying to rationalize all of it while they are absolutely complicit including much of the European left/far-left.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Qurnah posted:

it's not only germany though, the eu's entire energy net is kinda connected so energy prices have gone up everywhere so it's not just "their" problem, my electricity bill has gone up about 10x since last year

that said as someone who is directly affected by this idgaf if the americans did it or not, i personally do think it was them who did it but anything that puts less money in the pocket of putins warcrime machine the better

the US is the worlds biggest warcrime machine and they've just got richer. Well done!

edit: oh he's gone nevermind. I love this tactic of engaging the brain just enough but turning it off before uncomfortable conclusions are reached. Do. Not. Leave. The. Cave.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Qurnah posted:

"Americans are the most cucked bitches on the planet"

Europe: "hold my beer."

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cpt_Obvious posted:

"Americans are the most cucked bitches on the planet"

Europe: "hold my beer."

domestically vs internationally

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

the US is the worlds biggest warcrime machine and they've just got richer. Well done!

edit: oh he's gone nevermind. I love this tactic of engaging the brain just enough but turning it off before uncomfortable conclusions are reached. Do. Not. Leave. The. Cave.

Instead of giving it to the big bad fascist in Russia, they're now paying $$$ directly into the hands of Turkey and Azerbaijan, countries that actively wish to genocide their neighbors. Hell the Azeris actively cleansed an area last year. You get to feel good though at least.

👍

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Gazis/status/1626956673397956611

thank u brandon

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Instead of giving it to the big bad fascist in Russia, they're now paying $$$ directly into the hands of Turkey and Azerbaijan, countries that actively wish to genocide their neighbors. Hell the Azeris actively cleansed an area last year. You get to feel good though at least.

👍

Everything will be fine as long as Europeans don't answer questions and don't look at what is happening in the US/UK as an indication of their immediate future.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ErinBanco/status/1626945220259590145

these wagner chaps are getting out of control

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Europeans said they're fine with it, why worry on their behalf when they won't?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

correction

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1627031233736613888
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1627042193830744064

china still bad

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Qurnah posted:

i've already done this a hundred times and i'm done with it, yes i agree that the us and others are playing geopolitics everywhere at once as does russia, china, eu etc etc

i'm really not trying to do a "whatabout", just stating that i'm aware of the constant fuckery going on in the world

the situation in ukraine was hosed in many different ways i know but putin took it way to loving far when he invaded

i'm gonna gently caress off now

This post says nothing

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1626996787364986880

case closed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the eu should concede all territory to putin

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

If anyone knows war crimes, its the USA

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Qurnah posted:

lmao Europeans are so stupid

efb

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nigel thornberry has issued a correction as of 00:02 on Feb 19, 2023

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/status/1626684958998659073

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

speng31b posted:

Sometimes my good friends and allies obliterate my nads with a gigantic cartoon mallet and i say thank you for your service :patriot:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

quote:

The documents reviewed by POLITICO offer fresh perspective on how the Wagner group recruits heavily from poorer neighborhoods in Russia and then seeks to instill discipline in the ranks. For example, Wagner punishes its fighters for using social media, storing photos from sensitive missions on their phones, stealing money and engaging in drug or alcohol abuse.

This is fuh-f...freaking unbelievable

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

?????

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

they will be destroyed by my army of messy drunk drama queens

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lol and people thought that it matters that every EU politician came out and said that they were only stalling for time to make sure Ukraine was ready to go to war.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al! posted:

they will be destroyed by my army of messy drunk drama queens

🙏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

V. Illych L. posted:

ukraine must win, russia must lose. okay, but what does that look like?

you know like when a dissolution faction gets their demand accepted in ck3