Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

The_Rob posted:

It blows me away because wwe has been like garbage level tv that has been losing viewers for two decades. AEW has one merely ok show and suddenly it’s the end of everything.

people, especially reddit brained folk, love their Brands and want any excuse to love Brands again and project the failure of the enemy of Brand. the sexual predator bad guy is gone and now Papa H, the best guy that we respect, is making the best wrestling show ever. well the sexual predator is back and H has been blatantly pathetic in how everything he's done shows he's a shithead bully that needs everyone to think he's cool but whatever

one of the funniest parts of r/squaredcircle is their dedication to terms like Superstar and Premium Live Events because they love to feel like they're insiders and part of the Brand like how Marvel dipshits talk about Phase 4 of the MCU and poo poo.

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
...But I talk about phase 4 of the MCU :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Breaking incumbent brand loyalty can be tough and any sign of the incumbent improving (even if it's just smoke and mirrors) can bring people back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WOOOOOAAAHHHHHH OHHHHHH

SatoshiMiwa posted:

it's just smoke and mirrors

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Rarity posted:

...But I talk about phase 4 of the MCU :(

caring about Ant Man 3 is much less embarrassing than having to pretend the Fiend is good or interesting friend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just remembered Cody Rhodes went through a phase of wearing a plastic face mask and putting people in paper bags. Cody was always great :allears:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Remember Cody’s moustache? I liked the moustache. If he grows another moustache I hope it’s blonde.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

WOOOOOAAAHHHHHH OHHHHHH

Sad thing is if they pull off the Sammy/Cody/Roman angle perfectly they can probably run with it for awhile and hide all the other rot. A hot main event program can cover up for a lot

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The_Rob posted:

He doesn’t come off better at all. Tony is 100 percent correct.

A d-tier "journalist" is getting attention from a billionaire as if he matters in any way. Tony can be 100 percent correct and still waste his time on something dumb.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1626653271870869509?t=imsHhIWQnX-3ksYetvHCsA&s=19

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Nice 👍

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now do it with Isiah’s moan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bad news folks, the woke mind virus is making Elon Musk shadow ban Low Ki :(.

https://twitter.com/oneworldwarrior/status/1627031385071386624?s=46&t=4ffD7HrsCtjBqtixv-e54A

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ariel is a huge loser goober who should just be completely ignored.

Also the Bloodline is a great storyline, but anyone acting like the rest of WWE is on fire should be forced to watch the other 6.5 hours of WWE programming per week Clockwork Orange style until they break

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I got zero traction on true posts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/oneworldwarrior/status/1627031385071386624?s=46&t=4ffD7HrsCtjBqtixv-e54A

Of course Low-Ki is a guy who physically cannot accept that the reason he gets no interaction with his tweets is he's loving insufferable. What a guy.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Tato posted:

Ariel is a huge loser goober who should just be completely ignored.
He's a huge goober with a million Twitter followers, covers wrestling/MMA for a bunch of major media companies, etc.

I get the sentiment that people should not take him seriously or pay attention to his coverage, but lots of people clearly do.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Ariel went on that wild-rear end rant about how WWE is objectively the best wrestling company and anyone who likes AEW is a moron and a liar and so naturally stans love him for that

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:bravo: New champ! :bravo:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1626894498478567426

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Ariel went on that wild-rear end rant about how WWE is objectively the best wrestling company and anyone who likes AEW is a moron and a liar and so naturally stans love him for that

Sounds like Tony Con can't handle real criticism from journalists.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Ariel Helwani is a goober and has always been a goober. Just because he parlayed his gooberness into getting hired by actual sports orgs doesn't make him any less goobery.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Ariel Helwani is a goober and has always been a goober. Just because he parlayed his gooberness into getting hired by actual sports orgs doesn't make him any less goobery.

If anything it makes him worst.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Drakkel posted:

holy poo poo I forgot about this. kinda assumed that Ariel was good because Dana White hated him but he's been such a dingdong over the past year or so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whoolighams posted:

holy poo poo I forgot about this. kinda assumed that Ariel was good because Dana White hated him but he's been such a dingdong over the past year or so

dana white treading ariel like the worm he is was one of the few good things dana white ever did and now he can't even do that anymore so he's back to being completely irredeemable

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

dana white treading ariel like the worm he is was one of the few good things dana white ever did and now he can't even do that anymore so he's back to being completely irredeemable

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Whoolighams posted:

And that's when I found Dana White was still retaining him the entire time.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

muto rocks

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Oatgan didn't wander off during Low Ki's video call, it's because the call was shadowbanned.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I enjoy this picture of Unagi Sayaka & Suwama yelling at each other backstage at All Japan.

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1627219128095477761?s=20

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

forkboy84 posted:

I enjoy this picture of Unagi Sayaka & Suwama yelling at each other backstage at All Japan.

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1627219128095477761?s=20

"Stop doing that Voodoo Murders poo poo!"
"Never!"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/kimurarock/status/1627269984681607168?s=46&t=OLa0C1ZGjKsFVmtrNoRcew

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/marth555/status/1627131387747631104
Ziggy is probably one of the most underrated gremlins in wrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Whoolighams posted:

people, especially reddit brained folk, love their Brands and want any excuse to love Brands again and project the failure of the enemy of Brand. the sexual predator bad guy is gone and now Papa H, the best guy that we respect, is making the best wrestling show ever. well the sexual predator is back and H has been blatantly pathetic in how everything he's done shows he's a shithead bully that needs everyone to think he's cool but whatever

one of the funniest parts of r/squaredcircle is their dedication to terms like Superstar and Premium Live Events because they love to feel like they're insiders and part of the Brand like how Marvel dipshits talk about Phase 4 of the MCU and poo poo.

But please don't suggest that people are loyal to the Other Brand, because we're the Good Guys so when we like Other Brand it's because it's good, not just because it's the Other Brand.

I'm half-shitposting here, but there is a large tendency here to downplay problems AEW has because it's Not WWE. Tony Khan is a billionaire, he doesn't need you cheerleading him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

But please don't suggest that people are loyal to the Other Brand, because we're the Good Guys so when we like Other Brand it's because it's good, not just because it's the Other Brand.

I'm half-shitposting here, but there is a large tendency here to downplay problems AEW has because it's Not WWE. Tony Khan is a billionaire, he doesn't need you cheerleading him.

People talk about AEW issues all the time. The difference is that their issues are minor and also the company has only been around for 4 years. There’s no such thing as a perfect wrestling show. It’s wrestling it’s going to be sloppy and weird at times. Wwe has been a near unwatchable show for two decades and they accidentally stumble into the first decent angle in ten years and people all suddenly ignore all the major issues in the company.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That post would read better if it wasn't quoting one where one of the WWE problems is that it's owned by a rapist and nothing in it defended AEW.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

People talk about AEW issues all the time. The difference is that their issues are minor and also the company has only been around for 4 years. There’s no such thing as a perfect wrestling show. It’s wrestling it’s going to be sloppy and weird at times. Wwe has been a near unwatchable show for two decades and they accidentally stumble into the first decent angle in ten years and people all suddenly ignore all the major issues in the company.

Hence why I said downplay. Every Dynamite is either a 10/10 or an 11/10 show, and any problems are 'wait and see' while people Always Bad performers who are not being used. I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way when people act like WWE Brand Loyalty is some unique phenomenon while engaging in literally the same behaviour with AEW here.

Gumball Gumption posted:

That post would read better if it wasn't quoting one where one of the WWE problems is that it's owned by a rapist and nothing in it defended AEW.

Where did I defend WWE? Or are we 'what about-ing' things? Being a brand stan isn't just bad because Vince is a monster. Marvel also came up in that post, and I don't think Feige has covered up a murder or paid hush money.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 19, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Reads like a weird false equivalency for the point you're making. Saying wait and see is not

quote:

engaging in literally the same behaviour with AEW here.
As getting excited that the rapist is back.

^^^Ok, but it's pointing out how people use the WWE or marvel approved language and no one does that with AEW because it's not really a thing that they do.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 19, 2023

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

Hence why I said downplay. Every Dynamite is either a 10/10 or an 11/10 show, and any problems are 'wait and see' while people Always Bad performers who are not being used. I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way when people act like WWE Brand Loyalty is some unique phenomenon while engaging in literally the same behaviour with AEW here.

Where did I defend WWE? Or are we 'what about-ing' things? Being a brand stan isn't just bad because Vince is a monster.

AEW gets the wait and see treatment because they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt, and when you wait and see with AEW they usually end up giving the people what they wanted. Therefor keeping that trust from their audience.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

AEW gets the wait and see treatment because they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt, and when you wait and see with AEW they usually end up giving the people what they wanted. Therefor keeping that trust from their audience.

*shrug* I just feel like some of that benefit of the doubt has been exceeded and yet people still give it a pass. I still enjoy large bits of AEW, but there's definitely more cracks than I think people want to admit and it looks, to me, to be pretty much the same as a Marvel stan defending Phase 5 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nobody ever shuts the gently caress up about all the problems AEW has. You are reading a different forum. It is constant and pervasive.