Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Why do teslas love driving into emergency vehicles so god drat much?

https://twitter.com/ContraCostaFire/status/1626997159257145345?s=20

Someone in the OSHA thread with (I think) photosensitive epilepsy mentioned a thing where if the lights on emergency vehicles are synced just right (Or, I guess wrong), they'll have an.. I dunno attack? Episode? and find themselves headed toward those lights instead of trying to avoid them.

I think someone else also pointed out it happens with drunk drivers too.

Maybe Teslas work the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do people buy a lot of things on instagram?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

grittyreboot posted:

Never saw it, but it really bugged me that Holland and Wahlberg looked about ten years too young for their respective parts.

Anyways, here's some Elon content:
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1627001090221944832?t=FZK-uu03-KHHMtqRnwQj9A&s=19

Who the gently caress is buying poo poo off Instagram?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kingo Ligma posted:

Elon, apparently.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Azhais posted:

Do people buy a lot of things on instagram?

It's pretty funny to show my boss Instagram ads for snack foods and watch him buy $50 of pretzels or something.

They were pretty good pretzels, at least.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I feel like pretzels have a low ceiling of quality. Like there's only so good a pretzel can be.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i remember watching Uncharted but don't remember anything else about it other than that Tom Holland was trying very hard in a movie where everything from the other actors to the writer / director were phoning it in.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

I feel like pretzels have a low ceiling of quality. Like there's only so good a pretzel can be.

Agreed, these were on the higher end of the spectrum, and distracted our team from work angst by talking about pretzels for a while

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

grittyreboot posted:

This is insane. Pretzel quality is a vast spectrum. To a casual observer sure, all pretzels are basically the same. But there’s a reason that observer hasn’t gone pro. It’s not all about the shape or number of twists, literally zero twists are possible and some of the best pretzels I’ve ever reviewed have no shape whatsoever. Utter novice poo poo with the “low ceiling” of quality.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

On the other hand, pretzels suck so who can say what quality ceiling they might have?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ColdPie posted:

You think this is bad, next week he'll discover pirates vs ninjas.

He’s going to start quoting from Maddox or Real Ultimate Power

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Kingo Ligma posted:

r/scams is full of posts from people doing that yes lol

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

ColdPie posted:

You think this is bad, next week he'll discover pirates vs ninjas.

The answer is obviously cowboys. Revolvers beat musket balls and swords every time.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

grittyreboot posted:

Never saw it, but it really bugged me that Holland and Wahlberg looked about ten years too young for their respective parts.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1627001090221944832?t=FZK-uu03-KHHMtqRnwQj9A&s=19

lol this will get advertisers back

"our platform can't sell poo poo"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

grittyreboot posted:

Elon once again showing his incredible marketing skills by just outright stating that advertising on Twitter is entirely a waste of money after outright stating the ads are annoying and irrelevant. Advertisers absolutely love this!

Nothing a software patch can’t fix though, it’ll be out soon right after the Twitter blue features he promised in November come out. You remember those features right? The one where paying people see only half the ads! This will make advertising on Twitter even more attractive because *insert meme here*.

Coca Cola and apple will be beating down the doors to beg Elon for just a single promoted tweet soon and Elon will whisper “no”

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiny Timbs posted:

As vehicles that save lives they are the tesla natural enemy.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'll say this: at least the cybertruck is identifiable. The standard Teslas are so loving boring looking. Just the most sedan looking sedans. Even an ugly car is an upgrade to the model Y.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

sticksy posted:

He’s going to start quoting from Maddox

gently caress, it's this isn't it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

grittyreboot posted:

I'll say this: at least the cybertruck is identifiable. The standard Teslas are so loving boring looking. Just the most sedan looking sedans. Even an ugly car is an upgrade to the model Y.

Honestly I'll take that over previous attempts at electric or hybrid vehicles which always looked like someone's art student nephew got awarded the job of designing them and wanted to emphasize how they were the FUTURE!

Thank god most modern ones on offer don't look any more or less stupid than any other car on the road.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

I once had a pretzel ice cream sandwich, it was real drat good

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

I was walking across the parking lot heading into a hardware store today and I nearly got run down by a Tesla that had its front headlight, and curiously ONLY it's font headlight completely smashed in, and my only thought was "Seriously, what is it with Telsas?"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so musk and musk rats would be fine if they made a thing and didnt get credit for it , right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The only skill Elon has is getting people to give him credit for stuff he didn't do.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
jesus christ that tesla crash... that thing is completely obliterated cant believe the passenger survived (maybe)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure nobody really cared about being known for slapping a dumb impact font caption on an image until Ebaumsworld and its ilk (or whatever came before those) started gathering them up and putting watermarks on them. It mostly showed up in response to people who didn't come up with the joke actively trying to take credit for it.

Though I'm sure Elon Musk, founder of Tesla, would be perfectly fine with not taking credit for other people's work.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

If only there was a well established technological solution for robocars to physically identify whether there was an object in front of them that they shouldn't run into aside from depending on what their videocameras see, sadly that is but a wild dream

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Lol dumb writers thinking they're all hot and mighty. Guess what, i already know A-Z you just took those same letters and rearranged them some! What so you think you should get credit for that? Lolol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think the issue is the blatant way elon steals poo poo and then touts how many likes it get but what do i know

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

If only there was a well established technological solution for robocars to physically identify whether there was an object in front of them that they shouldn't run into aside from depending on what their videocameras see, sadly that is but a wild dream

I've talked to Tesla programmers and they say the coding and sensors are fine the real problem being the average Tesla's natural lust for death and deduction is just to strong. They didn't mean to make a car line of Christine's, but sometimes these things just happen in the car making game. What you gonna do. :shrug:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
His meme game is strong.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Lol the latest Twitter files is just Matt taibi complaining that nobody cares about the Twitter files. Unsurprisingly nobody cares about this either but Matt is very upset and thinks it’s a big scandal that people don’t think he’s a good journalist. He saw how pathetic Elon has become and got jealous I guess

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Steadiman posted:

Lol the latest Twitter files is just Matt taibi complaining that nobody cares about the Twitter files. Unsurprisingly nobody cares about this either but Matt is very upset and thinks it’s a big scandal that people don’t think he’s a good journalist. He saw how pathetic Elon has become and got jealous I guess

Perhaps he should buy Twitter and force the developers to boost his posts.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
So which of those are NFT bros?
:thunk:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Especially because the way twitter is set up if someone says something you think is good or funny, there's several different ways to show you thought so.

Stealing it and taking credit is especially petty.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kingo Ligma posted:

They’re literally getting rid of the shopping tab in the app because it’s doing so poorly, so… no one?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Steadiman posted:

It's a good point why doesn't the media lie more and insist people care about the twitter files?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m aware of the tv show but can you guess what it’s adapting. Will blow your mind
Lol no one cares about poo poo like that. They sure didn't care that GoT was from 700 page nerd tomes. Lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How long do you think it'll be before Elon starts stanning for Ted Faro unironically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

bobjr posted:

Especially because the way twitter is set up if someone says something you think is good or funny, there's several different ways to show you thought so.

Stealing it and taking credit is especially petty.

But worse than that, every time a meme gets stolen that memer is getting less ad revenue share!!!