Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Where the gently caress are you Vickiiiiiieee!?

do not regret the snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Is it worth tracking down Scott Steiner in Chikara? Was he any good?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

Is it worth tracking down Scott Steiner in Chikara? Was he any good?

His team faced Nick Gage's team and a swear jar was introduced

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

His team faced Nick Gage's team and a swear jar was introduced

That sounds awesome what event was this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Defenestrategy posted:

That sounds awesome what event was this.

King of Trios 2019, which was the final installment. One of the opening tournament matches was Team Pump (Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, Jordynne Grace) vs. Team Nerder Death Kris (Nick Gage, Thomas Santell, Kris Statlander).

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Remember Benoit and Mysterio clutching their pearls because Vickie Guerrero had control of Eddie's estate.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

King of Trios 2019, which was the final installment. One of the opening tournament matches was Team Pump (Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, Jordynne Grace) vs. Team Nerder Death Kris (Nick Gage, Thomas Santell, Kris Statlander).

Ah, that's where Grace got it from.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Ah, that's where Grace got it from.

I think it's the other way around, people were already calling her that, so Chikara brought her in for the team.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

do u think mox is so used to gigging that even when he’s on the phone arguing with his insurance company he’d get some color to make his point clearer

i think maybe he does

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

do u think mox is so used to gigging that even when he’s on the phone arguing with his insurance company he’d get some color to make his point clearer

i think maybe he does

I would hope wrestlers separate their personality from their business but I sure as poo poo don't so I'll just say I wish I could punch a dude in the nuts and also get a toy or something. I've heard wrestlers like toys

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is Bear Boulder still injured? I heard he was hurt like a year ago, and Bronson's been doing a lot as a singles guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is Bear Boulder still injured? I heard he was hurt like a year ago, and Bronson's been doing a lot as a singles guy.

No they have been actively teaming together.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

They are now just called Bronson and Boulder: the iron savages.

Really they should have become Dalton Castle and the Bears.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's the other way around, people were already calling her that, so Chikara brought her in for the team.

Actually, yeah, that makes more sense. It's even more appropriate now, lemme tell you.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

Really they should have become Dalton Castle and the Bears.

Best idea I've heard in this thread.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The difference between a Texas Death Match and a Last Man Standing is that historically you needed to pin the person before the 10 count starts in the Texas version. I don’t think AEW has done this consistently and just calls a Last Man Standing match a Texas Death Match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I think the steiner/petey/jordynne team was also briefly together in impact? Or at least had a match together.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Ganso Bomb posted:

The difference between a Texas Death Match and a Last Man Standing is that historically you needed to pin the person before the 10 count starts in the Texas version. I don’t think AEW has done this consistently and just calls a Last Man Standing match a Texas Death Match.

I've always hated the rules of a Texas death match. Just seem convoluted. If they are gonna be down for 10 seconds without getting up it's obvious you would have pinned them. I thought Texas death match was the one where you had to pin them then make it to the ring within 60 seconds or whatever though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is a Madcap Moss?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What is a Madcap Moss?

A miserable little pile of secrets

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What is a Madcap Moss?

Riddick Moss got paired up with Happy Corbin and they made him wear braces and now he's Madcap Moss

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What is a Madcap Moss?

He’s a wwe wrestler who the last time I saw him he got his head spiked into his chest. It was gross!

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sandman McMahon posted:

He’s a wwe wrestler who the last time I saw him he got his head spiked into his chest. It was gross!

Terribly irresponsible of WWE to put these untrained guys out on TV. They need to send these guys to a central place where they can improve their performance so they don't kill each other!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Why hasn't Jordynne Grace appeared on AEW yet?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

preferred impact's division in the past + husband later felt disrespected by t0ny

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Why hasn't Jordynne Grace appeared on AEW yet?

She's under contract with Impact! and during their brief collaboration, none of Impact's women appeared on AEW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

She's under contract with Impact! and during their brief collaboration, none of Impact's women appeared on AEW.

That's not true.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

That's not true.

Who appeared? I probably just don't remember!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

Who appeared? I probably just don't remember!

Deonna Purrazzo!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Without spoilers: is/was NJPW Battle in the Valley worth 20 dollars?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kennel posted:

Without spoilers: is/was NJPW Battle in the Valley worth 20 dollars?

Good wrestling, tech issues

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SG Bamboo posted:

Good wrestling, tech issues

Good Wrestling, Tech Issues: The NJPW US Story

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if njpw us wants to grow they should probably stop ripping off AEW!!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you for the answers punch sport pals.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, if you buy the replay the tech issues won't matter.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, if you buy the replay the tech issues won't matter.

You have to fast forward through the issues and you might go too far and spoil something

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, what makes Moss so madcap?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suspenders

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Does he have a hat of some sort, possibly silly and/or worn at a jaunty angle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

What's the general take on Triple H's face run around 2008? Seems weird that he was perched on top of the card that late in his career, having feuds with stiffs like Khali and Kozlov, going over everyone (even Cena), but was somehow face and people didn't mind it? (I was long checked out of wrestling at this point.)