Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it seems so obvious now i'm surprised you didn't do it before. but that describes all acts of genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

And in the end, Homer ends up with Benevenstanciano.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

oh my god

E: It's all been right in front of us the whole time.

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

"I'M the head vampire!" except it's count Benevenstanciano

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

:vince:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t get it

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

I appreciate the lighting in this meme.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Somebody do the Thrillho scene but make it Benevenstanciano, or possibly Joey Joe Joe Shabadoo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Benevenstanpool

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Nikumatic posted:

I appreciate the lighting in this meme.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Okay, I have no idea what episode this guy is from.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He was in a lot of earlier season episodes, but they phased him out when it became clear he was sort of an ethnic stereotype.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kirk is Milhouse's dad, he's in several episodes.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

SpacePig posted:

The Streetcar musical is good enough that, because I have no other familiarity with the source material, it is burned in my mind forever as a musical rather than a play.

Streetcar Named Desire being a musical and Little Women ending with a title drop are two things I objectively know aren't real, but I don't know anything else about the material so it's basically true.

STELLLAAAAAAAAA, CAN'T HEAR ME YELL-A?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He is from an episode that no longer exists.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
NEW ORLEANS!
Home of pirates, drunks, and whores!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
My partner, who has a Masters of Fine Arts from Pace (think: the James Lipton Actors Studio) will instinctively first think "Guys and Dolls. We're just a bunch of crazy guys and dolls" before any of the real songs from that musical.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Luke be a Jedi tonight!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

arsenicCatnip posted:

Streetcar Named Desire being a musical and Little Women ending with a title drop are two things I objectively know aren't real, but I don't know anything else about the material so it's basically true.

I read some article lamenting that the Simpsons version of Paint Your Wagon has basically become the pop culture idea of it when the actual movie is way, WAY weirder and downright batshit insane.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

arsenicCatnip posted:

For more than 20 years I thought that was how the book ended

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I wouldn’t doubt a lot of 90s kids thought a streetcar named desire was a musical

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I wouldn’t doubt a lot of 90s kids thought a streetcar named desire was a musical
Right.... thought....

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

We watched it though

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
nanananananana, Guys and Dolls!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Slugworth posted:

Right.... thought....

*grabs hat*

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I don’t get it

Someone help this poster.

Stupid babies need the most help.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Merkinman posted:

My partner, who has a Masters of Fine Arts from Pace (think: the James Lipton Actors Studio) will instinctively first think "Guys and Dolls. We're just a bunch of crazy guys and dolls" before any of the real songs from that musical.
today i learned.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Propaganda Hour posted:

nanananananana, Guys and Dolls!

And then the Mark Hamill bit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I read some article lamenting that the Simpsons version of Paint Your Wagon has basically become the pop culture idea of it when the actual movie is way, WAY weirder and downright batshit insane.

We should do a movie night sometime of flims most people only know from Simpsons references.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

super sweet best pal posted:

We should do a movie night sometime of flims most people only know from Simpsons references.

I'll be in the front, laughing obnoxiously and smoking a cigar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I watched the 1962 Music Man the other week.

Most of the songs were okay.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Trabant posted:

I'll be in the front, laughing obnoxiously and smoking a cigar.

I’ll bring the paint

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Oil-based, I assume.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Watching Citizen Kane for the first time was a religious experience. No, not because the film is that good, but instead realizing the sheer number of jokes that I didn't even realize were references to it. It's quite possible you could recreate the entire movie out of referenced scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Casablanca it's the same, every 30 seconds is a scene you've seen before, even if it's your first time watching the movie.