Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

aaghhh ouughhhh awwww jeez

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

anyway i beat act 1. the games cool but man the adaptive difficulty being broken sure does make some encounters super hosed up instant death situations lol. thank god the reloading is instant

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

absolutely anything posted:

anyway i beat act 1. the games cool but man the adaptive difficulty being broken sure does make some encounters super hosed up instant death situations lol. thank god the reloading is instant

I could not imagine playing on PS2 with the load times and trying to play this on pad. With the load times being instant though it has that Hotline Miami appeal of an instant retry so even a bunch of retries don't feel too frustrating.

Also in La Mulana: Eden reveal was super cool

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

: Defeat the Trio (Pilate Providence, Joe Salem, and Vince Mugnaio)

: Beat the game

cool game. the ending few bits get a lil frustrating, there was a grenade launcher guy at literally the last bit who kept popping me which was annoying lol. ill save new york minute for impmas cuz id like to get back to la-mulana. thanks for picking this one :cheers:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

: Find the La-Mulana software/Maze of Galious ROM

also beat 2 more guardians, one to go. gently caress the twin labyrinth

French Accent fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 19, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lmao

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

: Blow an enemy's head off without killing them

just reminded of my favourite achievement of all time

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Calmly closed the game after grabbing the twin labyrinth map yesterday

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Looking forward to replaying 2 but I remember the story/dialogue being absolutely godawful and not in the fun way that 1 kind of is, no real vibe

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

: Beat New York Minute mode

uh not sure how the par time is half of my time lol. new york minute is interesting, really encourages a more gung-ho approach since bullet time doesn't slow the clock. also definitely highlights the issues with the last couple levels, since most of it is in corridors you don't have as much room to strafe and just have to absorb a ton more bullets. echoing the appreciation for instant reloads, although again new york minute makes you consider more where exactly to quick save to make sure you have enough time on the clock to make it to the next encounter.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 55 days!

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

drat, I never really noticed it years ago, but the VA who did the Max Payne junkie death screams really outdid himself!
Truly a horrific scream! ...still not gonna stop me from killing them with a lead pipe, though :v:

lmao but this imo

trying to jack off posted:

i left the junkies alone, they have it hard enough already

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

never even heard of this, i look forward to making credible threats against rodbeard

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

drat, I never really noticed it years ago, but the VA who did the Max Payne junkie death screams really outdid himself!
Truly a horrific scream! ...still not gonna stop me from killing them with a lead pipe, though :v:

lmao but a slightly unsettled one

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lmao but a slightly unsettled one

lol

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

: Defeat the Trio (Pilate Providence, Joe Salem, and Vince Mugnaio)

that was fun, a couple of bullshit sections aside TIRE WEDGE! :argh:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

on Palenque, technically, tho i keep getting tele'd back to his mural instantly?? i think someone mentioned that but that was like 20 pages ago. idk

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

symbolic posted:

on Palenque, technically, tho i keep getting tele'd back to his mural instantly?? i think someone mentioned that but that was like 20 pages ago. idk

It took me a couple tries to realize that the pochette key is a tank of fuel

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rodbeard posted:

It took me a couple tries to realize that the pochette key is a tank of fuel

i had the foresight to have it in my item slot but not to actually use it. of course i died within half a minute but progress is progress

copy
Jul 26, 2007

klmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

i had the foresight to have it in my item slot but not to actually use it. of course i died within half a minute but progress is progress

said "gently caress it" on my third try and just decided to imitate Indy

one more guardian left

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

loving amazing lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 55 days!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

symbolic posted:

said "gently caress it" on my third try and just decided to imitate Indy

one more guardian left

I did the same thing. After I found the software combo to make the treasure fairy appear every time it ended up being faster to buy bullets than to learn fights.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rodbeard posted:

I did the same thing. After I found the software combo to make the treasure fairy appear every time it ended up being faster to buy bullets than to learn fights.

lol ya the first thing i did afterwards was fill up on bullets again and then use one to grind back to 999 coinage

anyways defeated ox-face and horsehead next and now facing a more difficult challenge in figuring out how tf to get up to the ladder past them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

anyways defeated ox-face and horsehead next and now facing a more difficult challenge in figuring out how tf to get up to the ladder past them

There’s a tablet, I think in the chamber of extinction, with a hint about that…