Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

verbal enema posted:

watching jerma and vinny play that EA monster hunter game and it seems kinda Nioh + MH what with the skill tree and japanese themeing

doesnt look too bad but i still have to play iceborne so

the building aspect seems pretty nutso

consensus seems to be that it's a drat good game that, like so many titles these days, has an atrociously unplayable PC port

i'm really hoping team ninja manages to bring wo long over without any trouble, nioh 2 ran smooth as butter on launch for me so i'm praying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They said a patch will be coming next week to fix the PC stuff, so here's hoping. Really been enjoying it myself.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/somnolently/status/1626447338754686977?t=BiGmucqfGav5pFSdtn2MgA&s=19

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

btw I'm blindsided by the fact that some places don't have pass the parcel. you're missing out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crikey Core: Final Fantasy VII

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Metis of the Hallway posted:

btw I'm blindsided by the fact that some places don't have pass the parcel. you're missing out

Yeah that's hosed up aye

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What the heck is "pass the parcel"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What the heck is "pass the parcel"

oh my god

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think it’s like hot potato but you want to be the one caught holding the thing when the music stops because you get to unwrap a layer of a present

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

hatty posted:

I think it’s like hot potato but you want to be the one caught holding the thing when the music stops because you get to unwrap a layer of a present

Oh boy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here we call it “peel the skin”

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just can't take it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They said a patch will be coming next week to fix the PC stuff, so here's hoping. Really been enjoying it myself.

:same:

the only big issue i have had is the audio bug where all the sounds desync. it's really bad in the 3rd zone :(

edit: dang the devs are aware of the issue but the fix won't be in til a "later" patch. going back to Minato fixes the problem but it means if it happens during a hunt i have to just finish it out with no sound :smith:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 19, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jay Rust posted:

Here we call it “peel the skin”

Here we call that a Juicy Fruit commercial

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

also i finally achieved my lifelong dream: become a bird

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If I were to become a bird I’d like to be a Crow or a Canadian Goose, the two best bird

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/MigueOchoNueve/status/1625874254838349826

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:dunkedon:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

rear end the arsehole

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No thanks, I don't like British food.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Chris, we need you to do your best Mario impression, really give it some emphasis. Nothing monotone, OK?"
Chris Pratt: ma ma mia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itcgslgTAVo

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Kerrzhe posted:

also i finally achieved my lifelong dream: become a bird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDnht964HyE

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

they don't really have sausage rolls over there either, it's a fuckin wasteland

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Infinitum posted:

"Chris, we need you to do your best Mario impression, really give it some emphasis. Nothing monotone, OK?"
Chris Pratt: ma ma mia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itcgslgTAVo

ahahahahahaha

ma ma mia

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Completed Metroid Prime Remastered. What a wonderful video game! Started to lose me a little towards the end - the artificial lengthening is really blatant, and the Fission Metroids are not a good enemy imo - but then those last couple boss fights were really sick. Very glad I finally played it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Fission Metroid are why they give you powerbombs

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pizza Tower is sick

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Good thing they worked out Metroid Fusion later, much cleaner

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Been really impressed with Metroid Prime Remastered as well- really looks and feels like the original game.

Was initially concerned it would be some cheapo UE/Unity port with a bunch of stock effects but it's a port of the old code from 20 years ago into Retro's new in house engine which I imagine has a lot to do with it looking the way it does.

I'm liking the updated dual stick controls as it just makes traversing and looking around at the pretty environments that much faster but wish there were a few tweaks like turning the "auto turn camera slightly down when jumping and then back up when landing" thing the old game used to make platforming feel a little more natural (even if it might sorta mess with the new dual stick layout) or turning the camera bobbing back up to the level seen in the original game for a more immersive feel. Extremely minor nitpicks that I might not even leave turned on but hey I always like more customization and not less.

It's a great remaster that you should definitely pick up if you love Prime or haven't played it in a while- they really knocked it straight outta the park with this one

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Trying to bully me into playing Metroid Prime??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does Metroid prime remastered allow me to use my Nintendo gamecube game boy advance cable and connect with Metroid fusion? To unlock the fusion suit? Tia

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Danganronpa V3 main story finished, I wish I hadn't waited like 3 years since buying it to actually play it!

I made a mistake in googling what other people thought of the ending. I don't have particularly good media literacy skills but even I can see that an absolue ton of people didn't even remotely "get" it. Or they didn't want to get it. Kind of hard to talk about this even in the abstract without getting into spoilers :(

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Escobarbarian posted:

Completed Metroid Prime Remastered. What a wonderful video game! Started to lose me a little towards the end - the artificial lengthening is really blatant, and the Fission Metroids are not a good enemy imo - but then those last couple boss fights were really sick. Very glad I finally played it.

Yeah they very blatantly ran out of time towards the end -- I know they had more extensive plans for the final area but didn't have the resources to pull it off. But the actual final boss fights are pretty awesome.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
gently caress Meta Ridley's second phase, though, hits like a train of bricks and gives me like a fraction of a second chance to damage him

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The remaster’s one flaw is that your beam cannon does a few rapid fire shots when you press the shoot button and there’s no way to turn it off. It makes it hard to use the Wavebuster against Ridley since you have to fire off two slow wave beam shots before you can even charge and by then Ridley has regained his stance

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont mind multiphase bosses but i'm opposed to "the last 25% of the health bar takes as long to finish as the first 75%"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i simply shot him until he was dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmtXV6Bi_wU

randomly found this old WiiWare game using the Three Musketeers setting and now I want to try it. The gameplay looks like it does cool things with 2.5D shifting the perspective, like a 2D platformer except sometimes it's along a diagonal plane instead of one directly facing the viewer, and it's cel-shaded so it should age better than most. It got bad reviews because people hated the motion controls, but other games have gotten bad reviews for motion controls and I've liked them

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 19, 2023