Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Recruit Cath as late as convenient

Cath provides free lockpicks/vulns each time she appears. She might unlock a few doors but tends to clog up the map. If she ever gets in the way, recruit her. Otherwise, delay her recruitment as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I liked "human not human" better. It's Engrishy, but it's more unique and still carries the air of something being off about the War Dragons. Goddammit Gringe.

I'd probably wait, given how she's probably gonna be more convenient to recruit on Chapter 16 for efficiency and for what she brings there. I'm not for waiting all the way to the end, though, since it's really stupid and pointless even though she comes with an extra something just as valuable as her prf. But given the time limit in effect this map, if you think you're taking too long to get all the treasures, feel free to recruit her here.

Also man do they ramp up the enemy stat inflation here. Brave Bow sniper, Brave Sword general with capped strength, and I've seen the reinforcements to this level, so I know it gets even more bonkers. Not to mention the 20 turn time limit is still in effect.

Wolt, Ellen, Saul, Sue, Treck, Astol, Lilina, Wendy, Oujay, Fir, Shin, Tate, Elphin, Geese. Any units that are still lagging but want to see future use (Lance, Alan, Bors, Devias, Barth) will have a better opportunity to train during 12x.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 16, 2023

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was to see Bartre, Dorothy, Saul, Wolt, Fir, Gwendolyn, Gonzales and Treck. And six free for the player's choice. Oh, and I have always recruited Cass at this point so let's wait. I have no idea what her other appearances are like.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wait for Cath

Bors, Gwendolyn, Barthe, Debias

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Get Cath later. Chest keys exist for a reason. And I kinda like the idea that while Roy is doing all this Cath is having her own adventure and finds another legendary weapon

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
So why -are- the unique weapons called prfs?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Galick posted:

Pretty
Rad
Fuck off, it's mine

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Galick posted:

They're sprayed down with perfume and nobody but a select few people can stand it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I say wait. You're showing off the hack, so I want to see the new stuff. Cath isn't new, but her Prf is, so it gets priority.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You're showing off the hack, so I want to see the new stuff. Cath isn't new, but her Prf is, so it gets priority.

There will be an opportunity to see her Prf regardless of where we recruit Cath. Though I very much doubt we'll see it in action unless Cath gets really, really good.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Galick posted:

In the GBA FEs that were released in the West, weapons like this would literally display "Prf" as their weapon level (instead of E/D/C/B/A/S). I think it's supposed to be short for "preferred" but I'm not sure if that's official. I say "released in the West" because FE6 used a star icon instead.

Anyway, it's terminology that got established in FE7 and therefore stuck.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Debias, Champion of the isles

Bors, Wendy, Barth, Geese, Gonzales, Trek, Shanna, Tate, chad, astol, Wade, Lot, Bartre, Fir

Delay Cath. If only because I always grab her first chance in the normal version of the game, and we have enough thieves to be fine waiting to see what they did with her to try and make it an interesting choice.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

FoolyCharged posted:

Debias, Champion of the isles

Bors, Wendy, Barth, Geese, Gonzales, Trek, Shanna, Tate, chad, astol, Wade, Lot, Bartre, Fir

Delay Cath. If only because I always grab her first chance in the normal version of the game, and we have enough thieves to be fine waiting to see what they did with her to try and make it an interesting choice.

My thoughts exactly.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Delay Cath.

For units, Debias, Shanna, Lilina, Gwendolyn, Gonzalez, Wolt, Fir, Clarine, Bartre, Alen, Lance, Thea, uhhhhhhhhh Zelot and Barthe

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

barthe, debias, wendy, bors

wait on cath

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I say wait. You're showing off the hack, so I want to see the new stuff. Cath isn't new, but her Prf is, so it gets priority.

Also, forgot to say but yes, I agree with this. Let's see the weird new thing.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Gwendolyn, Bors, Lilina, Sin, Thea, Gonzales, Geese. For any other spots, LPer's choice.

As for Cath, let's wait.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Lilina, Gwendolyn, Fir, Gonzales, Moustache Barte, and 8 votes for you

Also I vote on waiting for Cath.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Wait on Cath

Elphin, Bartre, Sue and Shin, LPer Choice.

(Since Rutger's triangle has failed us on all three fronts somehow....)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

wait for cath, her prfs p cool

also gwendy, fir, elffin, lilina, geese, wolt, thea, lper's choice

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Voting is closed!

We'll start with the easy one: When are we recruiting Cath?

Now: 2
Later: 18

I mean, I figured that waiting would win, but I can't say I was expecting the results to be quite that lopsided.

As for deployment...

Gwendolyn: 11
Fir: 8
Gonzalez: 7
Thea: 7
Debias: 6
Bartre: 6
Geese: 6
Bors: 5
Barthe: 5
Lilina: 5
Sin: 4
Trec: 4
Elffin: 4
Wolt: 4
Saul: 3
Astolfo: 3
Shanna: 3
Alen: 2
Lance: 2
Ogier: 2
Sue: 2
Wade: 2
Lot: 2
Elen: 1
Dorothy: 1
Clarine: 1
Zelot: 1

LPer's choice: 38

So, uh, two things. First, as the votes stand we are bringing literally no healers. Second, go back and take a look at the map again. You see all those archers? And axes?? And barely any swords or wing spear targets??? And it's indoors???? And yet Thea still got seven votes????? Sorry, but no, she's staying home (I say, even though I'm pretty sure I brought her to this chapter on my original playthrough). It's actually kind of exhilarating, using more than a handful of my votes. Technically, due to my self imposed constraints on how I'm allowed to allocate them, the best I can actually do is force a huge tie at the seven vote spot. Am I gaming the system a bit? Yes, but frankly I don't care. Also, even doing that uses up most of my votes, and there's only room to bump up Saul, so it looks like we're solo healing this poo poo! With a forced party split! It'll be fine, probably.

The team is: Roy, Lugh, Chad, Gwendolyn, Fir, Gonzalez, Debias, Bartre, Geese, Bors, Barthe, Lilina, Sin, Trec, Elffin, Wolt, Saul

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Ah, the joys of democracy

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I was thinking to bring Tate because she's one of your best units, not noticing the weapon disadvantages. Maybe replace her with Bors, then.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Hope the 1 healer thing works. I don't like using items, but the team being split almost makes using them mandatory.

Begrudgingly accepting Tate would allow you the votes to field 2 healers. Tate is safer on the right and can be useful as a rescuer on either side.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh for sure, she ultimately would've been fine. Like I said, I brought her last time around. TBH realizing I'd have to actively forgo a second healer in order to kick her out made me even more motivated to do it, because that's exactly the kind of questionable decision that should make for great ContentTM.

E: The other factor here is that I'm trying to keep Thea's level down for route split purposes, because my previous experience is that I went into it fully intending to go to Sacae, had long since benched Shanna, had both nomads promoted... and still went to Ilia, because I'd just been leaning that hard on Thea.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 18, 2023

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
I'm happy Saul got in, but honestly, I'm mostly just sad no one seems to like the christmas cavs. They're pretty notably below the army's average level at this point, and I just think it'd be a shame if they got left behind completely.

Doobeedoo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 18, 2023

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

TBH realizing I'd have to actively forgo a second healer in order to kick her out made me even more motivated to do it, because that's exactly the kind of questionable decision that should make for great ContentTM.

Man, and I was the sole vote for Ellen here, but if you're willing, go for it.

Doobeedoo posted:

I'm happy Saul got in, but honestly, I'm mostly just sad no one seems to like the christmas cavs. They're doing pretty dang well, after all.

Not enough HP and defense to endure all the axes and brave weapons. They'll have their time the next couple of chapters, I hope.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't need healers if you don't take damage

Armor Knight supremacy for the motherfucking win

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Thea is stronger than any weapon triangle disadvantage

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Only one healer? Man, if the other half of the party needs help they better call Saul

I'll see myself out

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
All the people I wanted are in, and that's sort of why I gave you the rest of the votes so you could actually do this map without going "oh you motherfuckers."

The RNG causes enough suffering, we don't have to compound it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm guessing I probably know the answer to this one, but how do we feel about a Lilina/Gonzalez support?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm guessing I probably know the answer to this one, but how do we feel about a Lilina/Gonzalez support?

Yeah, I mean c'mon, we have to save her for Garret. No way should we burn her supports on a temp like gonzo.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

I want to avoid using Gonzales unless Geese's levels in the next chapter or two turn out bad. A Lilina/Oujay/Wendy support triangle seems more of a guaranteed thing to me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Support her with any of the knights or Garret instead imo

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Support her with any of the knights or Garret instead imo

My thoughts exactly. Nothing against Gonzales, but I think her support is better used elsewhere.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Well, there was a strong consensus, just not in the direction I was expecting. :v: Fair enough, we'll keep our options open for now.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Have we decided on support options for Roy yet? Wolt's turned out well, so he could be a good partner.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Well, it's done. :toot: First try* too, which I'm pretty proud of.

*Ignoring a quick detour via savestate because I forgot to get a shot of Flaer's stats before he left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

E: Accidentally hit submit early. Update coming soon!

Double edit: lol in retrospect it's a good thing this post was here, to get the update off the very bottom of the page.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 2, 2023