Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Do you have one in each colour to match your outfits or is it more different versions for not hauling different stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BonHair posted:

Do you have one in each colour to match your outfits or is it more different versions for not hauling different stuff?

i have 2, 1 for everyday tasks, and 1 for when i want to coal roll on liberals

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I use my F150 to tow my other F150 to the racetrack.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i see a lot of ford broncos lately and i think they are particularly stupid looking, aesthetically, in my opinion

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

lobster shirt posted:

i see a lot of ford broncos lately and i think they are particularly stupid looking, aesthetically, in my opinion

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

theeyre pretty good trucks

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

lobster shirt posted:

good example of the Tonkafication of the personal automobile

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

https://twitter.com/PlanningShit/status/1627267543743270913

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I can understand on some level why some lead-poisoned boomer loves his Mustang convertible. British cars were entirely unredeemable and they all loving failed when they were exported here in the 1950s because stroke over bore for tax reasons doesn't work in a country with a real highway system.

when the M1 motorway opened in 1959 everyone flocked there in their ford pops and hillman minxes to see how quickly they could melt their big end bearings and seize their engines into a solid block of iron

the government made a film asking you to not "over drive" your poo poo car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzhuaP0o7yU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

sending my child to play in the forlorn corner of my yard

fukken lmao at the fenced backyard-parking "hallway", no CPTED issues here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/texmerquise/status/1627056148657606656?s=46&t=9ONCgqcz1r2FllF_3kk-vQ

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

my parents never attempted to conceal their contempt for power wheels when I asked them about it. they were revolted

more fun ways cars maim and steal from their community

https://twitter.com/business/status/1627419511216275456

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Hubbert posted:

Did you mean CPTSD, because even if so it still works apparently. lol

https://www.cpted.net/

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hubbert posted:

ngl I’d probably love the weird corner as a kid

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

leftist heap posted:

The weird corner woulda been my version of the well in that wells for boys SNL sketch

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

nomad2020 posted:

Did you mean CPTSD, because even if so it still works apparently. lol

https://www.cpted.net/

I definitely meant CPTED, I look out for these problems as part of my profession.

leftist heap posted:

tbh same just give me a little shed fort there too :kiddo:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thinking about cars this morning

cars ftw

cars are killing India... Delhi is the most air polluted city... climate change... crop failure...

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

webcams for christ posted:

my parents never attempted to conceal their contempt for power wheels when I asked them about it. they were revolted

more fun ways cars maim and steal from their community

https://twitter.com/business/status/1627419511216275456

Chumps, Toronto simply rules that it's actually fine for cops to drive into people. It saves a lot of money that we can use to hire more cops.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

Chumps, Toronto simply rules that it's actually fine for cops to drive into people. It saves a lot of money that we can use to hire more cops.

if you force cops to pay damages to people they hit you're just creating a perverse incentive for them to kill the ppl they hit so if you think about it actually toronto is very progressive here

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

cars are killing India... Delhi is the most air polluted city... climate change... crop failure...

cars are ftw

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

alright now that they've run the bit into the ground can we all just block and move on rather than responding? thanks

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

https://electrek.co/2021/06/05/awesomely-weird-alibaba-electric-vehicle-of-the-week-changli-electric-pickup-truck/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

whats the bit?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The bit is that someone likes cars.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it really sucks that more and more car controls are handled with a touchscreen instead of something more tactile. It increases driver distraction that way!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

withak posted:

The bit is that someone likes cars.

ca rs are cool

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

blocking is for cowards with weak minds

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

gradenko_2000 posted:

it really sucks that more and more car controls are handled with a touchscreen instead of something more tactile. It increases driver distraction that way!

With screens in the cars getting larger and larger I can't wait till they make the first entirely ad-supported car

Where once you've driven a certain number of miles you gotta pull over and watch a commercial and answer a survey about Olive Garden before the car will go any further

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Lol like the ad wouldn't play as your driving and be as distracting as possible.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Lol like the ad wouldn't play as your driving and be as distracting as possible.

Geolocation required on so as to advertise about upcoming restaurants at exits.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Geolocation required on so as to advertise about upcoming restaurants at exits.

Actually just skip the ad entirely and have the self driving car enter the drive through by itself.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

leftist heap posted:

could easily set up a wicked fort back there.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Trains > cars

https://twitter.com/Idiots1nCars/status/1626924018623447040

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cars ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Yeah... FOR THE WRECKYARD

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/verafiles/status/1627633598252695553

quote:

Traffic and road usage are known to follow the principle of induced demand, which means an increase in supply will invite higher demand. In other words, if private cars are given more road space, it will entice more people to drive their cars.

Several studies have shown that while decreasing lanes for private cars may cause traffic congestion in the beginning, it encourages car owners to use public transportation or a bicycle in the long run. This phenomenon is called “traffic evaporation.”

“Benefits of bicycle commuting such as improved mobility, reduction in the number of vehicles on the streets, lesser carbon emissions and healthier lifestyles have been documented in areas where both bicycle infrastructure and policies have been successful,” a 2019 study of the University of the Philippines-Diliman School of Urban and Regional Planning (UP SURP) stated.

An earlier study from 2017 looked into the effects of bike lane infrastructure on ridership in Manila. It noted that bike lanes and other forms of bicycle infrastructure can lead to a decrease in traffic congestion and greenhouse gas emissions.

“People seemed to have no doubt that promoting bicycling in the city and building a bikeways network would redound to measurable benefits. Among those cited were a reduction in pollution from motorized vehicles, less traffic congestion, lower transport costs and promoting the general health of the population,” it further said.

This was echoed in the 2019 UP SURP study which noted that providing necessary infrastructure such as bicycle lanes and parking areas had a “significant relationship to willingness to bicycle commute and bicycle commuting experience.”

The 2022 SWS study reinforced this. It showed that about 75% of heads of households believed that cycling is just as effective in getting commuters to their destinations as other modes of transportation, and 80% said that more people would use bicycles if the roads were safer.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

should have been wearing high viz

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BonHair posted:

Actually just skip the ad entirely and have the self driving car enter the drive through by itself.

The scene from Space Odyssey but Dave is begging HAL not to shove a baconator down his throat through mangled mouthfuls of burger being force fed courtesy of a pair of arms extending from the steering wheel

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

train shouldn’t have stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
I like how the bell kept ringing