Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I wholeheartedly do not recommend the dehydrated mushroom medley

I thought it would be good for soups and stuff but it’s full of inedible woody stems. Maybe if you boiled the absolute poo poo out of just the mushrooms and then blended it you might be able to consume it. Right now I’m left with a batch of soup that I’m considering throwing out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I didn't have a problem with the texture by just soaking in hot water, but the flavor profile seemed really generic. There was no difference in any of the mushrooms and already seemed a little... musty? I used them for the same thing I would use the cheap dried mushrooms from an Asian grocery for, and just black woodears would have been better. Still they were dirt cheap though!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I rarely hit the food court. Don't get over there at the start and trying to wield a fully loaded cart the eating with a bunch of slowly melting groceries doesn't seem very smart or desirable.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
The food court may as well just be the $1.50 hotdog and drink (with refill) because that's all I get from it anymore.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

slurm posted:

how does anyone even go to the food court it's probably the most complicated and hectic restaurant in town, same with the gas station, i went there for the first time today and it's like why, is the gas really good or something

At one point, I poo poo you not, the gas was almost a dollar a gallon cheaper than anyone else in town.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My Costco gas is only 5 cents cheaper than the Kroger gas station and if i have any points then the Kroger gas is way cheaper.

Do better Costco.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

shopping with Kroger is supporting Ohio you monster

don't worry though prodigal child, Costco will always welcome you back with open arms and $1.50 hot dog and soda

seriouspost: if you shop supermarkets enough to get good gas discounts then sure go buck wild, but I'd rather get that 4% back on my credit card (plus the Costco in my area is typically 30-60c cheaper than anywhere else so YMMV)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

bucksmash posted:

shopping with Kroger is supporting Ohio you monster

don't worry though prodigal child, Costco will always welcome you back with open arms and $1.50 hot dog and soda

seriouspost: if you shop supermarkets enough to get good gas discounts then sure go buck wild, but I'd rather get that 4% back on my credit card (plus the Costco in my area is typically 30-60c cheaper than anywhere else so YMMV)

I've got up to at least $1/gallon off using my Fred Meyer (Kroger subsidiary) points, and done decently with my Safeway points, too. The siren song of Costco gas holds little appeal for me.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I miss the San Diego food court. It was outside and most people would put their purchases in their cars and then come for the food court.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

pencilhands posted:

Someone in the costco c suite gets off on making the food court suck rear end. That’s the only explanation left. This is a humiliation ritual

It's probably the nimrod that got threatened with death if he dared to raise the loving hot dog (with soda). Gotta ruin everything else since the glizzy is off-limits

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 20, 2023

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've got up to at least $1/gallon off using my Fred Meyer (Kroger subsidiary) points, and done decently with my Safeway points, too. The siren song of Costco gas holds little appeal for me.

You must live in a place with no WinCo to be getting that many Freddie's and Safeway points

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pinus Porcus posted:

You must live in a place with no WinCo to be getting that many Freddie's and Safeway points

Nah, there are WinCos, but they aren't in my end of town so aren't practical for most of my grocery needs. I'm paying for the convenience of the closer stores on that count.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Gotta spend at Kroger or wherever to earn those points, which costs you.

Only the long hoses gas up at church.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I hit up Ike’s yesterday and split a sandwich because it was $16. $9.99 is a goddamn bargain these days. Praise Costco and gently caress this dumb dying world.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

I hit up Ike’s yesterday and split a sandwich because it was $16. $9.99 is a goddamn bargain these days. Praise Costco and gently caress this dumb dying world.

Is that place even any good? They are springing up all over the place.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

It's a sandwich with garlic/pepper mayo on it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pinus Porcus posted:

:hellyeah:

My wife and I do weekly shopping at WinCo, and semi-weekly precede it with a Costco run.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

david_a posted:

I thought it would be good for soups and stuff but it’s full of inedible woody stems. Maybe if you boiled the absolute poo poo out of just the mushrooms and then blended it you might be able to consume it. Right now I’m left with a batch of soup that I’m considering throwing out :(

Same issue, the not oyster mushroom stems were ok but if you remove them you're throwing out half the drat container

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
In Iceland they ask if you want a little plastic cup of the diced onions for the hotdog. Maybe I should just loving move to Iceland because clearly they're more American than the US.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

In Iceland they ask if you want a little plastic cup of the diced onions for the hotdog. Maybe I should just loving move to Iceland because clearly they're more American than the US.

They also have roughly the same population as Portland, OR. Not really related to your post, but it annoys me when someone uses Iceland as an example of a nation when they have the population of a decent-sized US city.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's rarely the small population that's the problem. They have less people to tackle problems. They are better organized, as are many other larger countries.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

It’s better than most other sandwich shops but that’s a pretty low bar to clear.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Got a letter from the 'Co with a :20bux: Shop Card...apparently they had "negotiated a better price" for something I bought. I didn't know they did that!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so I'm preparing to do my first costco run - can I just get a membership right in the store, or do I need to get it online first? I know I can get it first online and then get the physical card in-store, but can I just do it all there?

david_a posted:

I'm not really much of a kitchen person, but if there's no other solids in the soup, would an immersion blender work?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

In store

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

thinking about the tire center smell

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
In store but if you look online you can usually find pretty good deals where you can get a membership and some amount of free money or items that comes out to the price of the membership. Or at least that existed a few years ago when I got mine.

Question: what are the odds something from in store will show up online? Or is it that if it's not there it's out of stock or something? I want this but I can't fit it in my car

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Resdfru posted:

In store but if you look online you can usually find pretty good deals where you can get a membership and some amount of free money or items that comes out to the price of the membership. Or at least that existed a few years ago when I got mine.

Question: what are the odds something from in store will show up online? Or is it that if it's not there it's out of stock or something? I want this but I can't fit it in my car

Rent a truck from Home Depot for an hour or two?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just a note, even if it's online, the shipping is "free" but the cost increases, and the bigger items cost more. They basically build shipping into the price.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

just filled up my gas tank and picked up 2 cheese slices and a chicken bake.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
The wife begrudgingly accompanied me to to Church on Saturday, only to have an absolutely wonderful time. Loved her hotdog, loved the wide selection of ladies comfy wear, loved perusing the snack aisle. For time first time ever the majority of our purchase was for her stuff. She comes from a background limited means so has trouble ever buying nice things for herself despite our fortunate financial circumstances, so the low prices and excellent return policy calmed her nerves and she was able to "splurge" (bought two or three things she liked instead of one).

Thanks Costco. Thcostco.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Super Waffle posted:

The wife begrudgingly accompanied me to to Church on Saturday, only to have an absolutely wonderful time. Loved her hotdog, loved the wide selection of ladies comfy wear, loved perusing the snack aisle. For time first time ever the majority of our purchase was for her stuff. She comes from a background limited means so has trouble ever buying nice things for herself despite our fortunate financial circumstances, so the low prices and excellent return policy calmed her nerves and she was able to "splurge" (bought two or three things she liked instead of one).

Thanks Costco. Thcostco.

Yeah my wife is like this too so I had to threaten her with an awkward in-store argument if she didn't let me buy the giant teddy bear she wanted

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Did Costco discontinue their generic version of Allegra?? Its called Aller-fex and I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I just picked up their generic zyrtec a week ago - it's called aller-tec. Is there a difference between the two?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

keevo posted:

Did Costco discontinue their generic version of Allegra?? Its called Aller-fex and I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

No I just picked some up yesterday

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

pencilhands posted:

I just picked up their generic zyrtec a week ago - it's called aller-tec. Is there a difference between the two?

Yeah they’re different ingredients.

Gaius Marius posted:

No I just picked some up yesterday

Oh wtf. Tried two different stores here and they didn’t have it. Their system is showing it as active with no stores around having it in stock but they don’t know when the next shipment is coming in.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pencilhands posted:

There is a shortage of lots of stuff right now, especially anything cold/flu/allergy related. Just finding Nasacort or the store-brand equivalent has been dicey for the last couple months.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

beepo posted:

Who could hate this guy

The face of Bangruptcy

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

keevo posted:

Check online. It's out of stock online now but keep checking. It's the same price as in store and shipped to you. PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Speaking of things that are out of stock, I don’t think I’ve seen Clear Care contact lens solution in over a year. I’ve had to buy it from Target. :smith: