Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Jesus. It's bad enough that he steals most of his content, but it's even worse that what he steals are decade old jokes that were mediocre when they were new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

lol

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Did he ever comment on the Nick Offerman episode of The Last Of Us?

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

E the Shaggy posted:

The Metaverse HAS to be some sort of money funneling scheme for Zuck, it HAS to be. Didn’t they do a marketing campaign recently because they added legs to their Second Life avatars?

Come now, I think that comparison to Second Life is really unfair. In particular, not only does it seem to be that Zuckerberg specifically wants to create Second Life, they already did it over a decade before him and theirs actually worked pretty much out the gate, particularly in terms of legs and other appendages, and has had way more actual users than Zuck's Metaverse. Also I'm going to assume Second Life didn't cost billions of dollars.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Viscous Soda posted:

Jesus. It's bad enough that he steals most of his content, but it's even worse that what he steals are decade old jokes that were mediocre when they were new.

AND explains the dumb joke to you in text

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Charles Ford posted:

Come now, I think that comparison to Second Life is really unfair. In particular, not only does it seem to be that Zuckerberg specifically wants to create Second Life, they already did it over a decade before him and theirs actually worked pretty much out the gate, particularly in terms of legs and other appendages, and has had way more actual users than Zuck's Metaverse. Also I'm going to assume Second Life didn't cost billions of dollars.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He probably needed it explaining to him first.

Maybe that's what some of his yes men are for. Permanently available joke explainers with an encyclopaedic knowledge of the hottest memes of the 2010s.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

ralph pls go

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

shoeberto posted:

I don't think that's what that means. Is that what that means? My understanding was always that it means you shouldn't sell dog food that you wouldn't eat yourself.

the term "dogfooding" basically means companies should use the products they sell, in order to get a first hand user experience and find issues that need improvements. so like microsoft tries to use the latest version of the office suite, visual studio and whatnot

edit: the actual expression seems to be a reference to eating literal dog food tho:

"In 2006, the editor of IEEE Software recounted that in the 1970s television advertisements for Alpo dog food, Lorne Greene pointed out that he fed Alpo to his own dogs. Another possible origin he remembers is from the president of Kal Kan Pet Food, who was said to eat a can of his dog food at shareholders' meetings."

ymgve fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 20, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

shoeberto posted:

I don't think that's what that means. Is that what that means? My understanding was always that it means you shouldn't sell dog food that you wouldn't eat yourself.

That would make the dog food... people food. Which would be pretty loving expensive.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ripped from google:

quote:

Dogfooding is a practice especially popular in the software development industry. It means that a company fully tests its products first on itself, using them as end users would. Effectively, the company “eats its own dog food”.

So basically it's tested on those who make it so that they themselves know if it's good or not.

As far as VR goes I can understand Zuck's vision for it. If you can keep a large number of people interacting with your virtual world for 2, 5, 10 hours a day you can advertise to them with truly undivided attention. You can also sell/rent all the best 'real estate' to those who want the most engagement. Problem is that there isn't much application for VR at the moment so the crew is just throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping that Zuck likes it even when they themselves don't.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VR is cool and good but no one is going to use it for business until it's like putting on a normal pair or glasses and doesn't require controllers.

Even then, the potential applications are small. I'm not gonna write up staff meeting notes or review contracts in THE CYBER ZONE.

I could see collaborating with artists on a sculpture or painting together. Hell, MAYBE it would be cool to use for an office meeting if the company lets you use your own avatar. I don't want to show up as myself, I want to be a little demon with HUGE knockers.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That merely raises the unanswered retort that if even the people building it can't stand it then maybe, maaaaaaaaaybe the product you're building isn't ready for prime time and you've got a fundamentally flawed project here.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Can't wait to be forced to go into the office to be forced to have meetings in VR

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Lamech posted:

Can't wait to be forced to go into the office to be forced to have meetings in VR

Maybe the idea is to force work-from-home employees to use VR in order to encourage people to come into the office instead of dealing with the jank headsets and migraines

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sure people hate meetings now, but wouldn't people like meetings more if the background was Hogwarts or had Goku and Vegeta fighting in the background?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lamech posted:

What if we did Zoom, but even more intrusive!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
And Jesus Wept!

https://youtu.be/z4FGzE4endQ

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

What if we did Zoom, but even more intrusive!

That's literally Meta's business case. Managers get to see you "in-person" and keep you on-task, if not have an intrusive means to watch your screens, so you can't mute or skive off in another tab during a remote meeting like with a Zoom call. They get to have their underlings as visible and constantly "managed" as they would be in a physical office.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
Why does Mark Zuckerberg always have that goofy haircut? I don't think he's had anything different in like the last 15 years or so.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

John Yossarian posted:

Why does Mark Zuckerberg always have that goofy haircut? I don't think he's had anything different in like the last 15 years or so.

he idolizes Augustus

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Fix It posted:

he idolizes Augustus

Also apparently there is no one around him who wants to tell him he isn't even remotely pulling it off.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Also apparently there is no one around him who wants to tell him he isn't even remotely pulling it off.

nobody pulls off a ceasar haircut, part of its appeal. A True "hey gently caress my poo poo up" to the barber

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
his yesmen says its amazing.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Mr. Fix It posted:

he idolizes Augustus

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Renreeja posted:

nobody pulls off a ceasar haircut, part of its appeal. A True "hey gently caress my poo poo up" to the barber

Tell you never watched ER without telling me you never watched ER

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

If I were a billionaire I'd sport the goofiest tonsure and have women tell me how sexy I am.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

John Yossarian posted:

That’s the standard hair style that comes with this model. You have to pay extra for better hair.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

FoolyCharged posted:

Every time I hear someone mention gamergate I remember that comically large amount of drama was started by some dumbshit trying so hard to justify doxxing his ex that cheated on him.

Also he registered an SA account just so that he could post his little manifesto here too and got immediately banned.

I remember that thread and how, even in '15 SA (2014? Oh, who really cares), he was laughed off the site.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tarkus posted:

If I were a billionaire I'd sport the goofiest tonsure and have women tell me how sexy I am.

if I were a billionaire I'd fix a few things personally and then the billions I had left over would go back into my state (and nearby states) and whatever other issues I could figure out until I had less than a million dollars and just then live comfortably off the million dollars

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

...! posted:

That would make the dog food... people food. Which would be pretty loving expensive.

well someone hasn't been in a bougie urban pet store, cause yeah, yeah it is

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MyronMulch posted:

ralph musk pls go

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FoolyCharged posted:

Every time I hear someone mention gamergate I remember that comically large amount of drama was started by some dumbshit trying so hard to justify doxxing his ex that cheated on him.

Also he registered an SA account just so that he could post his little manifesto here too and got immediately banned.

Why does gamer gate make everyone soo angry? Its like when I express my opinion on circumcision everyone goes crazy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ups_rail posted:

Why does gamer gate make everyone soo angry?

Yeah why does it make everyone so angry when a bunch of chuds organize a movement to hate on women and minorities and then that poo poo is everywhere for years?

Truly a mystery.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

Did he ever comment on the Nick Offerman episode of The Last Of Us?

I'm kind of surprised he didn't retweet some grifter chud culture war YouTuber's meltdown over it. He had a whole loving buffet of them to chose from, too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ups_rail posted:

Why does gamer gate make everyone soo angry? Its like when I express my opinion on circumcision everyone goes crazy.

go away ups_rail

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

El Fideo posted:

maybe we just have different definitions of "pulling it off," but that haircut isn't doing him any favors

he is handsome entirely in spite of it

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

El Fideo posted:

the bangs gotta be straight across to qualify

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah why does it make everyone so angry when a bunch of chuds organize a movement to hate on women and minorities and then that poo poo is everywhere for years?

Truly a mystery.

Whenever I think I might have failed to grow as a person, I remember that there are still people out there who to this day are still murderously mad about women in video games, and are literally 18 months away from being mad about it for an entire decade.

Holy gently caress Gamergate is going to be 10 years old next August and people are still mad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Thanks to that user details hack a while back, I now get spam emails telling me that I need to protect my verified status by clicking a link and updating some stuff. Looks fairly legit at first glance, until you check the random bunchanumbers email address it came from. They must have done a cross reference between email addresses and verification status, and this is a hell of a time to be removing an option for 2FA. I was sleepy one day and almost (almost) clicked on the drat thing before I caught myself and checked it.

Can tell some have fallen for it, one of the 47 Hong Kong politicians who is currently on trial for the crime of being in opposition to the govt. got hacked a few days back and their account is now a stream of crypto spam and there's no-one left at Twitter to fix this quickly (or possibly at all). Good loving job, earlobe.