Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

American McGee's Pinocchio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

The Kins posted:

Titanfall 2? The Battlefields?

Battlefields might work, good idea. I loved Bad Company 2 way back when.

I tried to get into Titanfall 2 multiplayer and it's not for me, I don't like the PvE elements and I don't like the mech stuff. Also when people call it TF2 I get excited because I think they're talking about the real TF2 but they're not.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

prom candy posted:

Are there any good team deathmatch or arena shooter type games on Gamepass besides Halo?

Gears of war?

I know you said you’re bored of halo but Halo infinite has a big update (season 3) coming early March and it’s rumoured to be very large with a whole bunch more content.

I loved a game called knockout city which was teams of three players in a dodgeball deathmatch type thing. It is sooooo good, but I heard it’s getting deactivated at some point soon.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
If your crew has switches, you should play Splatoon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Splatoowns

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

You have to let it expire first. If you add Gold time to an active GP sub it converts it at like 3:1 or something.

Thank you. I'll that in about a week or so.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Wondering, I have a 1 month (non stackable) Game Pass Ultimate, can I get 6month Gold and it keeps being ultimate or do I need to let expire this Ultimate month, get gold then convert it for 1€?

You need to let it expire, but also the converting will cost you €12.99. You're actually buying one month of Ultimate to convert the Gold, and it will cost you the normal price instead of €1 because you already used the trial offer.

However, it may be possible to buy a cheaper GP Ultimate code from an external site, and the 1:1 conversion will work that way too.
e: oh, you're familiar with it since apparently you bought your first Ultimate code from a keysite. In that case a similar kind of code should work again.

Zat fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 20, 2023

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zat posted:

You need to let it expire, but also the converting will cost you €12.99. You're actually buying one month of Ultimate to convert the Gold, and it will cost you the normal price instead of €1 because you already used the trial offer.

However, it may be possible to buy a cheaper GP Ultimate code from an external site, and the 1:1 conversion will work that way too.

So, I first get (for example) 6 months of gold, then get an ultimate code (both external site) for cheap and it will convert all gold to ultimate, right?

Btw, I've been using the trial offer from time to time since I resubbed with the 1€ deal like 3 times in the last year. I just happen to let something like 3 months in between.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Guillermus posted:

So, I first get (for example) 6 months of gold, then get an ultimate code (both external site) for cheap and it will convert all gold to ultimate, right?

Yep, should be no problem. Just make sure the Ultimate code doesn't have any prerequisites like an account that never used Ultimate before or whatever. Most don't, but some can.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cheers! gonna try with a 6 month gold (can get one for around 20ish) once this ultimate month expires

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Atomic Heart showed as playable this morning, but I needed to restart my PC, came back to it needing a 66GB update and not being available yet to play. :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Atomic Heart showed as playable this morning, but I needed to restart my PC, came back to it needing a 66GB update and not being available yet to play. :smith:

Now I am able to play. This story so far though is really god drat bad.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

External Organs posted:

If your crew has switches, you should play Splatoon.

Splatoon kicks rear end but not everyone has it. Is splatoon 3 good/worth paying retail for?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Now I am able to play. This story so far though is really god drat bad.

It does not improve.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It does not improve.

Yeah so far this isn't really a good game. :/ At least I figured this out through Game Pass rather than buying it on Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

prom candy posted:

Splatoon kicks rear end but not everyone has it. Is splatoon 3 good/worth paying retail for?

My experience with it, despite playing on a fiber optic connection, is that the matchmaking, and server stability are really bad. If a player leaves the match for any reason then the game quits back to the lobby is one of the most frustrating parts of Splatoon 3. So even if you yourself have a stable connection, your gameplay experience is only as good as the weakest link in the match.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
^^^^ oh yeah, this does happen sometimes. It is annoying.

prom candy posted:

Fwiw I haven't played Splatoon before 3 so I love it, but I just don't know how it compares to the previous ones.

It absolutely satisfies my "drop into a multiplayer game and gently caress around" urges. Runs at 60fps in game, 30 in the big city hub.

Maybe worth bookmarking for a sale to let your crew know about.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It will not go on sale. It maybe will pop up at like $49.99 at some point.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It will not go on sale. It maybe will pop up at like $49.99 at some point.

Yeah probably true. You could get it digital + TotK for 100 bucks with one of those Nintendo voucher things I suppose.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

prom candy posted:

Are there any good team deathmatch or arena shooter type games on Gamepass besides Halo? Just looking for something to play with a couple of friends. We tried the new Apex Legends TDM mode but it's bad. Objective or round based or whatever is fine too just needs to be enough people playing that we can find a match and where you spend most of your time shooting mans and not waiting around or running around looking for fights (i.e. not battle royale)

I guess basically Halo but not Halo because we've played the hell out of it already

At the risk of being basic!!! the latest call of duty has so much content it’s sort of insane. The best mode is free but DMZ is more of 30 minute commitment with 3 people max.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Nuts and Gum posted:

At the risk of being basic!!! the latest call of duty has so much content it’s sort of insane. The best mode is free but DMZ is more of 30 minute commitment with 3 people max.

I have definitely played and enjoyed Calls of Duty in the past. I've been waiting for a deep discount because it's $90 CAD and I prefer the drop in/out modes.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm enjoying Atomic Heart so far. Combat seems pretty fun, you have to dodge a lot. The setting is neat, looks and runs great. The dialogue isn't great but I'm playing in russian so I can just ignore it if I need to.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

I'm enjoying Atomic Heart so far. Combat seems pretty fun, you have to dodge a lot. The setting is neat, looks and runs great. The dialogue isn't great but I'm playing in russian so I can just ignore it if I need to.

The story reminds me a lot of those conservatives that misunderstood Rage Against the Machine, but instead the devs somehow completely misunderstood Bioshock.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The story reminds me a lot of those conservatives that misunderstood Rage Against the Machine, but instead the devs somehow completely misunderstood Bioshock.

I think it is more that for a variety of reasons they made a game that is afraid of being too critical of Russia, the United States, communism, and capitalism so it can't actually form a strong message.

The best it gets is 'gay space communism only works if there is no inequality at all' and even that is halfhearted.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Nuts and Gum posted:

This is true, it is very good.

I played splatoon 3 for about 4 hours before I came to the conclusion is was exactly the same as splatoon 2 which I was sick to death of. I need to give it another go though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
drat atomic heart is one of the ones in excited for. I'm also excited for Wo Long. I played Shadow Warrior 3 and didn't like it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Crafty posted:

This is true, it is very good.

I played splatoon 3 for about 4 hours before I came to the conclusion is was exactly the same as splatoon 2 which I was sick to death of. I need to give it another go though.

This was my concern was Splatoon 3. My wife and I played the hell out of 2 but $80 for what looks like the exact same game is a tough sell. Especially with Gamepass messing with my expectations of how much games should cost ($0)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

drat atomic heart is one of the ones in excited for. I'm also excited for Wo Long. I played Shadow Warrior 3 and didn't like it.

i will still download atomic heart as Xbox stays winning. But really I'm here for isshin and wo long.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
is it unlocked on console earlier?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was preinstalling atomic heart, is it more like atomic fart??? (Totally original joke, Do not steal)

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
chronic shart

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I can’t believe atomic spork isn’t a complete dumpster fire! IGN confirmed the annoying sidekick / self talk nonsense but the actual combat looks fun.

Wonder when gamepass will realize it’s the 20th?

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 21, 2023

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

I can’t believe atomic spork isn’t a complete dumpster fire! IGN confirmed the annoying sidekick / self talk nonsense but the actual combat looks fun.

Wonder when gamepass will realize it’s the 20th?

20th is PC gamepass. Xbox Gamepass is the 21st on the midnight.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

McTimmy posted:

20th is PC gamepass. Xbox Gamepass is the 21st on the midnight.

Oh! Well that’s fudgin stupid :reject:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is the soundtrack sick? I heard that Mick worked on it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Just set your console region to new zealand and you can play it now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1627822154799792129?s=46&t=Z1gwrSUrCQ4wdjnbAudqag

I just played through Future Perfect a few months ago for IZGC and it’s such a perfectly enjoyable time capsule of the era. A game that could not possibly be made at any other time. Well worth $2 if you don’t have it already.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Timesplitters 3 was by far my most favourite game on the og xbox. Love that game.

it’s really amazing and fantastic that you can still legally purchase it and play it on a modern console.

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 21, 2023

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
2 has hosed up controls on new consoles. I think 3 might be fine but you should google it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Future Perfect is great. Well worth two bucks.