Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Some guy popped up to act like a psycho about this thread, and it got me thinking about how bad it is that a different guy popped up to act like a psycho about that bread, and his name was Joseph Stalin

wb lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lollondomor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you are all sociopaths

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

for saying the holodomor happened

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
That poo poo happened

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

We must never allow the holodomor to be repeated, I will prevent it personally by watching Russian conscripts get vaporized on liveleak until I develop enough personality disorders to think that's a good thing

*master chief with a fork pounding table* RED MIST! RED MIST!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

big thanks to the op for this thread reminding me that i needed to go buy bread

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Every time I buy bread I say a prayer of remembrance for the starving Ukrainian peasants forced to dump all their grain in the giant vat labeled “collective grain supply” and who would be shot if they asked why it was just a giant funnel that emptied directly into stalin’s mouth

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Every time I buy bread I say a prayer of remembrance for the starving Ukrainian peasants forced to dump all their grain in the giant vat labeled “collective grain supply” and who would be shot if they asked why it was just a giant funnel that emptied directly into stalin’s mouth

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

lollondomor

Lollonnomore

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Personally, I think distributing poison in giant bags marked 'food aid' went a bit too far, but Stalin was a wily rascal who could not be stopped in his insatiable blood lust

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The 12 course banquets for Soviet Russians set up in a solid line along the entire Ukrainian border was also a bit much

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Carol Channing in "Hello, Domor!" (1964)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

Wow! Why are so many people psycho about hearing about the holodomor definitely happening??? are they gluten intolerant

The thing that offends me the most is that they're just hearing about it for the first time. They're not students of history, they're looking for the next outrage flavor of the month. They'll forget all about Ukraine once renegade Taipei rightfully reconciles with the one true state of China

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

quit stalin and end the holodomor!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That's gross (because of the flies which imply that the substances being fired into the man's mouth are nasty)

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

ooh that led me to a nice quote by one Thomas Mann: "To place Russian communism on the same moral level with Nazi fascism, because both are totalitarian, is, at best, superficial, in the worse case it is fascism. He who insists on this equality may be a democrat; in truth and in his heart, he is already a fascist, and will surely fight fascism with insincerity and appearance, but with complete hatred only communism."

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

genericnick posted:

Lollonnomore

My Personal Lololnomore - How I was deradicalized from the genocidal dirtbag left - The Atlantic

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

First time I'm hearing about this. Wow. It's like the Holocaust? Wow.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
uh, yeah, it's "like" the Holocaust.... 🙄🙄🙄

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

less holodomors more chrisdorners

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

my thoughts and prayers are with the brave posters trying to reinforce that the holodomor happened

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Some guy popped up to act like a psycho about this thread, and it got me thinking about how bad it is that a different guy popped up to act like a psycho about that bread, and his name was Joseph Stalin

redneck nazgul posted:

my thoughts and prayers are with the brave posters trying to reinforce that the holodomor happened

Stalin Posted

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Grainmaxxing
Ukrainepilled
In my kolkhoz era
Going harvest mode

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Yolodomor

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

steal your girls grain call it a holodomor

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
daily reminder that SPR would like to remind all goons that the holodomor DEFINITELY happened

in fact, it might be her magnum opus

actually the genocide denial 56m no thread was better but the coward admins aborted it in the crib before it could fly :smith:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
did I order the holodomor?

Your god drat right i did!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You are a cspam dipshit. You literally have a thread over there about for shitposting about the Holodomor, it’s not exactly shocking that you let the usual gaggle of idiots whip themselves up to go try and own their posting enemies in what used to be a decent enough thread. It should have been stepped on before it got to the point of thread closure.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Point out the posters posting poo poo about the holodomor in the holodomor discussion thread, where the holodomor (which happened) is discussed

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

daily reminder that SPR would like to remind all goons that the holodomor DEFINITELY happened

in fact, it might be her magnum opus

actually the genocide denial 56m no thread was better but the coward admins aborted it in the crib before it could fly :smith:

lol I forgot about the genocide denial megathread, that one could have really flown but sometimes it's good to get real specific

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

some plague rats posted:

lol I forgot about the genocide denial megathread, that one could have really flown but sometimes it's good to get real specific

wb

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

great to be here. just waiting on some freak to buy me a new av and I'll be whole again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rofl

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

true. you're in trouble again missy

quote:

"Thee mods" and admins let people make glib posts about the holodomor for 5 loving years here, for so long it actually just became straight up genocide denial, so yeah that's had some ongoing effects where then people felt free to be very glib about russia's invasion and actually that just became straight up war crime denial and more genocide denial yet again, and obviously this is just a videogame and people being glib about the allegations against some videogame has zero effect on the ongoing genocidal war, but you know what? The effect of people denying the holodomor on this website has zero effect on the ongoing genocidal war as well. But the culture you create is the culture you keep, and right now it's a pretty lovely culture with respect to one of the few times videogames intersect with a major real life event.

Like, we don't have a problem with posters being glib about the people dying in the earthquakes in Turkey or people saying "fake earthquake, didn't happen" because "thee mods" wouldn't let that poo poo fly, period.

Heads up, if the games chat thread is being all dismissive about the very real concerns of Ukrainians and their neighbors about some russian game from a shady developer who is being real evasive about where the game is actually developed for some reason, it's no longer a chill chat thread.

I didn't post any of this out of nowhere, I was replying to posts other people had made.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

what on earth

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So is atomic heart actually any good though

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

People are so loving stupid lmao

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

some plague rats posted:

nah it looks like it's pretty mediocre and all the dialogue is insufferable but it's bad for regular video game reasons and not because it's Communist Propaganda That Funds Putin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

it's free on Game Pass so i'll probably play it, but I figure it's like SCORN-level mediocre. hopefully it doesn't take that long to beat. I like games I can wrap up in 5-8 hours these days.