Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Cavauro posted:

what did QT say

Responded to a question of if he trained her with a questionable kayfabe joke given the move apparently resulted in an actual concussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/WreckingBallWOW/status/1627458066479185920

Based on what Heidi is reacting to here, she quite literally didn't have the chance to tuck her chin because Reka pushed her down by the head the entire way and didn't release.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/WreckingBallWOW/status/1627458066479185920

Based on what Heidi is reacting to here, she quite literally didn't have the chance to tuck her chin because Reka pushed her down by the head the entire way and didn't release.

And that was this weekend's show isn't so it? So looks like that lady is still working unsafe -assuming we're not all just dumb marks, but this doesn't feel like trying to built heat online/the modern equivalent of wearing a neckbrace around town after a match.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Coolness Averted posted:

And that was this weekend's show isn't so it? So looks like that lady is still working unsafe -assuming we're not all just dumb marks, but this doesn't feel like trying to built heat online/the modern equivalent of wearing a neckbrace around town after a match.

She said it was a taping in July last year

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lid posted:

She said it was a taping in July last year

Ah the different accounts and wrestling under different names confused me and made think it was one incident 6 months ago and then again this week doing almost the same thing. Thanks for clearing it up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cavauro posted:

what did QT say

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's going to pay for doing that poo poo. I don't know that for a fact

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 20, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1627729413725949958

Somebody please tell me what the gently caress any of this means.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1627729413725949958

Somebody please tell me what the gently caress any of this means.

A whole lotta nothing happened but people loved it anyway

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's cope

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t think I’d call anything WWE does “minimalist” at any level

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The amount they pay for their lovely AR graphics has to be pretty minimal

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The AR graphics look stupid as gently caress and cheapen the hell out of the whole product

They should have gone when Vince did

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

The AR graphics look stupid as gently caress and cheapen the hell out of the whole product

They should have gone when Vince did

They should go further and do AR matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hunter, please sign Jay White and give us this gift https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1627236362821795841

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Hunter, please sign Jay White and give us this gift https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1627236362821795841

Well, can’t argue with any of this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...nt=share_button

Too much to screenshot but the twisting in knots here is remarkable. Personal favourites are Owen Hart was a loser, Sami is mid and this was the same as Aces and Eights, that this was short term story with no build compared to long term Cody.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lid posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...nt=share_button

Too much to screenshot but the twisting in knots here is remarkable. Personal favourites are Owen Hart was a loser, Sami is mid and this was the same as Aces and Eights, that this was short term story with no build compared to long term Cody.

That place is something else lately lol

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
If reddit points mattered in any way, it would be easy to clean up right now just by starting every comment in their wrestling subs with "I wanted to like AEW, but..."

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksStan2/status/1627686876705443841?t=1FQ7jgx4kThVZyyxXRRd_A&s=19

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
pardoy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"I wish this widow would just get over herself and let the company that basically murdered her husband and the father of her children exploit his memory for profit so I can eek about 0.01% more fun out of the dogshit-rear end video game they make..." - sanest wrestling fans on the internet

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sure that would be cool, but imagine if Andre the Giant's music started and he came out. Admit it you'd pop.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"how is it that this lady still holds some kind of grudge against the man and corporation whose :effort: approach to worker safety killed her husband live before a packed arena? how completely baffling, :iiam: "

man, I agonize over my word choices while folks like that twitterer seemingly just gatling-gun their brain droppings to the whole world, filter- and shame-free

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sami Zayn, truly the Chris Sabin of wrestling.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Coolness Averted posted:

Sure that would be cool, but imagine if Andre the Giant's music started and he came out. Admit it you'd pop.

Personally I think there's only one man that can bring the pops back to sports entertainment

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside...."

Michael Cole: COULD IT BE? IT'S MR. AMERICA!!

Taz: What da hell!?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Personally I think there's only one man that can bring the pops back to sports entertainment

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside...."

Michael Cole: COULD IT BE? IT'S MR. AMERICA!!

Taz: What da hell!?

There's people who genuinely think it's not possible for AEW to get good ratings without CM Punk even though it happened numerous times before he signed and while he was out injured

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it is our duty to keep saying Sami Should Have Won until WWE fans are reactionarily always bad-ing him

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'll never get tired of people calling Dave and Bryan AEW marks as if they as if they haven't had tons of criticisms and complaints about the company from the beginning.

It's the biggest tell that someone has never actually listened to Dave or Bryan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris Sabin actually gets to wrestle and isn't Triple L's latest hand puppet to make Roman look like a big tough guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Sami Zayn, truly the Chris Sabin of wrestling.

The business side of wrestling says Sami is popping better quarters than anybody in wrestling right now with the possible exception of Cody, you morons.

And guess what? There's two fuckin' belts. Sami and Cody can share.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
What wild mental contortion where strapping up Cody is owning AEW fans.

Dude booked himself out of the AEW title picture, bailed to the Fed and was immediately into the top of the card. Put on the first 5 star the promotion has had in years and is set to end one of the longest and most boring title reigns in WWE history.

IMO all this does is make WWE look even more like clowns.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I think the idea people are forwarding is that by immediately pushing Cody to the top it's proving that AEW is a clownshoes mudshow that was too stupid to book him like a star and also by doing so it'll be easier to convince other AEW talent to jump ship cause surely EVERYONE they sign will treated just as well (nevermind the fact that most of the people HHH have brought back aren't doing much but losing to the people they were already pushing anyway)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

MassRafTer posted:

This is the perfect post for this thread. Just the right balance of weird and dumb in an effortpost, with no hate to be seen.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

CommonShore posted:

This is the perfect post for this thread. Just the right balance of weird and dumb in an effortpost, with no hate to be seen.

Yeah, gotta admit I really like people just being dumb way more than bigotry that happens to come from dummies

bartok
May 10, 2006

Hail Sabin!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

phantom of the opera reboot looking good

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I would love to know the lore reason that Jay White would be Uncle Howdy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

back to mean spirited dumbasses
yes, a young incredibly popular midcard face is identical to an old hand who has only had go away heat for years, notorious for injuring her coworkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i think that's just racism