Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Name Change posted:

Keeping up 3-4 streaming services seems like a lot of money until you for any reason want live TV these days (some subs do have TV channels, which is nice).

my dad visited and left his youtube tv logged in kaching!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

feedmyleg posted:

Some people are broke hth

In fairness I can afford it but 16 bucks a month to watch 1 show a week seems like a lot to me. ymmv

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

In fairness I can afford it but 16 bucks a month to watch 1 show a week seems like a lot to me. ymmv

Yea if you are only watching one show I can see it not being worth it. In that case just wait until the season is out and pay for a month and watch the season over that month.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Roys are coming back next month and none of you dirty fucks are gonna goddamn cancel!!!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

does the Knick have a lot of medical gore? it looks cool but I can't do like sawed open people even tho I know its fake haha.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

does the Knick have a lot of medical gore? it looks cool but I can't do like sawed open people even tho I know its fake haha.

I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily a lot, but it was kind of freaky when it did happen. It’s all presented very matter of factly and clinically instead of lingering on gory shots of blood and mangled dead bodies constantly. I definitely had the urge to cover my eyes a few times, whereas I wouldn’t even blink if it was your standard ultraviolent action movie.

I will say the opening scene is quite an introduction…

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

wizardofloneliness posted:

I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily a lot, but it was kind of freaky when it did happen. It’s all presented very matter of factly and clinically instead of lingering on gory shots of blood and mangled dead bodies constantly. I definitely had the urge to cover my eyes a few times, whereas I wouldn’t even blink if it was your standard ultraviolent action movie.

haha when they revealed her belly was when i turned it off to ask

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

wizardofloneliness posted:

As is the outro. That is not so much gore is it just, what is the word for when someone/everyone knows the person is dead but they're still talking like when Woody Harrelson blows his own butt off in The Thin Red Line. I hate that poo poo.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Seconding The Knick. It would have been much more widely acclaimed if it was and HBO show an not a Cinemax one.

Peacemaker is great if you haven't seen it, but that's not really a hidden gem. Both Life and Times of Tim and Ten Year Old Tom are fun. Other shows I enjoyed that haven't been mentioned are It's a Sin, The Tourist, and Los Espookys.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

As is the outro. That is not so much gore is it just, what is the word for when someone/everyone knows the person is dead but they're still talking like when Woody Harrelson blows his own butt off in The Thin Red Line. I hate that poo poo.

Yeah, that particular feeling is what really made that hard to watch, not the gross stuff, so to speak.

But the thing that made me want to claw my eyes out the most was this minor 5 second nosejob scene. He was so casual about it! I was not prepared.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Joe Pera Talks With You

I am so loving made they canceled this.

I need proper closure after the ending of season three. :negative:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

He did recently start a podcast. All my troubles and worries in life instantly melted away as soon as I heard that first “Hello. My name is Joe Pera.”

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

oh god oh gently caress posted:

warrior is the realist show that's come out in the past several years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHZFtvYSJ8

Second season with every main character joining together to fight off a racist mob was also incredible. Plus the Bruce Lee homage was great.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh just got free paramount+ peasant tier through my T-Mobile family plan

All the Star treks, Top Gun 2, what else should I watch

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

1883 and 1923

Evil

beavis and butthead if you're into that :D

mystes
May 31, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

1883 and 1923
They made two prequels to Yellowstone? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention either of them.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Watching all the year movies would be a pretty disjointed marathon

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Steve Yun posted:

Detroiters

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Steve Yun posted:

The new Beavis and Butthead is great

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
When does Discovery stop being good? After season 2?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

mystes posted:

They made two prequels to Yellowstone? I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention either of them.

theyre sweet dude. i've never watched a yellowstone either

mystes
May 31, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Is that a trick question?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I have not seen Discovery but I see a lot of arguing over it’s quality, please, I am a stranger in a strange land

mystes
May 31, 2006

It seemed pretty bad to me from the beginning but maybe it depends on what you want from it. It might be better if you haven't watched any other star trek shows, idk.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

lower decks was really good. I haven't watched discovery. strange new worlds is up next for me i guess?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
HBO has Executive Decision, I haven't seen it since it came out on VHS I forgot how much it owns. Really tense action thriller starring Kurt Russell John Leguizamo and a ton of other people. Don't let Steven Seagal scare you away.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Steve Yun posted:

Season 1 is bad but interesting, season 2 is a huge mess, season 3 is better but whiffs the ending, and season 4 is decent at times but overall pretty dull.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Human Tornada posted:

HBO has Executive Decision, I haven't seen it since it came out on VHS I forgot how much it owns. Really tense action thriller starring Kurt Russell John Leguizamo and a ton of other people. Don't let Steven Seagal scare you away.

During the press junket for The Menu, Leguizamo said his performance as a washed up actor was inspired by Steven Seagal. He said Seagal knocked him out during a stunt in Executive Decision and never apologized and just came across terribly in person

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Steve Yun posted:

Steve Yun posted:

mystes posted:

Is that a trick question?

Steve Yun posted:

I have not seen Discovery but I see a lot of arguing over it’s quality, please, I am a stranger in a strange land

mystes posted:

It seemed pretty bad to me from the beginning but maybe it depends on what you want from it. It might be better if you haven't watched any other star trek shows, idk.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Season 1 is bad but interesting, season 2 is a huge mess, season 3 is better but whiffs the ending, and season 4 is decent at times but overall pretty dull.

The first two seasons are good, lots of (academy award nominated) Michelle Yeoh, which is always good. And a good amount of interaction with the original Enterprise crew pre-Kirk. It's a bit of a change from the norm in that the lead of the show is not the captain.

Seasons 3 and 4 are embarrassingly bad, both seasons focusing on a galaxy ending problems, which is tiresome. They also end each episode with lots of slow motion shots of the crew hugging each other to show how much of a family they see themselves.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nihonniboku posted:

The first two seasons are good, lots of (academy award nominated) Michelle Yeoh, which is always good. And a good amount of interaction with the original Enterprise crew pre-Kirk. It's a bit of a change from the norm in that the lead of the show is not the captain.

Seasons 3 and 4 are embarrassingly bad, both seasons focusing on a galaxy ending problems, which is tiresome. They also end each episode with lots of slow motion shots of the crew hugging each other to show how much of a family they see themselves.

They don’t actually, and the constant complaining on SA about the Disco crew showing any kind of emotion is weird and borderline gross.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The crew is fine. But Saru is the best character on the show.

I want a Captain Abe Sapien show.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Steve Yun posted:

If you aren't a Star Trek fan you might get something out of it. As a Trek fan I barely got past the first scene before stopping.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Glottis posted:

yeah used to be a ~$30 cable addon back in the 90s I think? But back then it was unique in having movies aired on it well before they came out on VHS.

We're you outside the US? Release schedule for non-original movies was Theater->6mos later VHS->6mos later HBO

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
For Paramount+ I recommend Paul T. Goldman and Poker Face. Both are great!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

For Paramount+ I recommend Paul T. Goldman and Poker Face. Both are great!

Those are Peacock

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I though poker face was peacock

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Got my hopes up 😤

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Those are Peacock
who can even keep track of all these services

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Loving the action in Top Gun 2

The story is so bad.

Ace Combat games have better stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Top Gun: Maverick is just Star Wars Episode IV but with fighter jets instead of X-Wings.

And it owns.