Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

get azura's star, put a short duration soul trap on strike on a weapon, continually recharge your weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Skwirl posted:

You find a merchant with an unlimited supply of Enhance Intelligence ingredients and brew a potion, then drink I, then brew another then drink it, etc, etc and then pretty quickly every single potion you make is insanely powerful and lasts forever.

I tried this, and maybe I just need to gather more materials and level up Alchemy some more, but I drank enough to get my Intelligence to 256, but the potions I made after that still only had a duration of 60 seconds, and a value around 40. I'm playing in OpenMW, so maybe it could be there's something that addresses the exploit (doesn't seem to be be, based on what little I've read).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Skwirl posted:

You find a merchant with an unlimited supply of Enhance Intelligence ingredients and brew a potion, then drink I, then brew another then drink it, etc, etc and then pretty quickly every single potion you make is insanely powerful and lasts forever.
:hmmyes:

Max Wilco posted:

I tried this, and maybe I just need to gather more materials and level up Alchemy some more, but I drank enough to get my Intelligence to 256, but the potions I made after that still only had a duration of 60 seconds, and a value around 40. I'm playing in OpenMW, so maybe it could be there's something that addresses the exploit (doesn't seem to be be, based on what little I've read).
No keep going. There isn't a cap on how big you can make your stat this way, or if there is it's huge. And I would assume you'd need to have installed a specific mod to nerf this.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

What's the name of this mod? I'm playing a character specializing in summoning, or that was the idea from the start. Sort of disappointed that you don't get more leveling from a more expensive, difficult to cast spell.

Trainers are for power gamers. You have to earn that poo poo through hard work.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48330
I think there's a non-LUA version out there also

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Except enchant. Anyone who tries to grind enchant manually in Morrowind has the patience of a saint.

Isn't the master trainer for enchant a hostile NPC in a dungeon?

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Been playing OpenMW for a while after getting things working, and I've been having a lot of fun, except...

I started the Census and Excise Bureau mod quests a bit late. Went trying to find Eldafire, a vanilla Seyda Neen NPC, and... couldn't find her. Went through all sorts of console commands, and nothing. And then, as I thought about it, I came to this horrifying realization:

*None* of the outdoor vanilla Seyda Neen NPCs were in town anymore. It was all randomly generated people from Friends and Foes. :tinfoil:

Apparently this happened to someone on an older version of Open MW too.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Zereth posted:

:hmmyes:

No keep going. There isn't a cap on how big you can make your stat this way, or if there is it's huge. And I would assume you'd need to have installed a specific mod to nerf this.

I looked to see a video showing off the loop, and yeah, I guess 250 wasn't enough. Apparently, you can get INT up into the 100,000 range. Need to save up some more money in order to do that, though. I learned about Creeper last night while reading up on the game, so I've got a vendor I can check out

Speaking of money, I was trying to figure out which of the three Houses to join, and I think I'm going to go with House Hlaalu, though I'm wondering if I should reconsider. I know you get locked into one of Houses and the questline once you pick one, but I don't know if there's anything specific to other houses that you can miss out on (items, vendors, etc.).

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

I looked to see a video showing off the loop, and yeah, I guess 250 wasn't enough. Apparently, you can get INT up into the 100,000 range. Need to save up some more money in order to do that, though. I learned about Creeper last night while reading up on the game, so I've got a vendor I can check out

Speaking of money, I was trying to figure out which of the three Houses to join, and I think I'm going to go with House Hlaalu, though I'm wondering if I should reconsider. I know you get locked into one of Houses and the questline once you pick one, but I don't know if there's anything specific to other houses that you can miss out on (items, vendors, etc.).

You definitely should be doing Telvanni if you haven't played through any of them before

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Telvanni has the best rewards from memory. Just, when one lady asks if you want gold, say no.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

House Telvanni it is, then (assuming none of the progress I made with the Fighter/Mage guilds prevent me from doing so).

-

From my most recent session, I did a few Fighter's Guild quests. I was surprised to learn that if you go to Percius Mercius in Ald'ruhn, you can talk to him about quests given to you by other stewards.

Did the quest where you lead the lady to the shrine past the Ghost Fence. Along the way, I had an idea for a meme edit, but I figured someone else already did it, and sure enough...

I think I'm getting the hang of how to approach Morrowind. I meant to mention it in a previous post, but I got the Boots of Blinding Speed, and did the trick where you make a 1sec/100% Magic Resist spell so you can equip and wear them without the blinding effect. Now I can dash around everywhere quickly.

In addition, I made another 1sec spell with two Fortify Speech 100pts effects, so I can max disposition when selling stuff.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Get a way to reliably restore stamina and you're set. I'd do a few sets of missions from whatever guilds you're in, then explore a part of the world and rinse and repeat. My favorite part of Morrowind was stumbling into a bad rear end dungeon and finding the cool loot. I'd avoid looking up any more tricks and what not except maybe information on completing a quest you're stuck on

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i never actually finished the fighter's guild but it appears to be a more complex questline than like all of skyrim combined

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i never actually finished the fighter's guild but it appears to be a more complex questline than like all of skyrim combined

This is like all of Morrowind though. Personal favourite has to be the disappearance of the dwarves.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drain skill! I think base game has no way to restore skills, so the Fury two-hander was a death sentence if you ever equipped it because it was erroneously set to Damage Skill constant effect

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

a7m2 posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48330
I think there's a non-LUA version out there also

Excellent, thank you.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

project tamriel got someone good at making creatures so theyre getting tons of sick new stuff like minotaur barrowguards

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

mbt posted:

project tamriel got someone good at making creatures so theyre getting tons of sick new stuff like minotaur barrowguards

:allears:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mbt posted:

Mummytaur

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

mbt posted:

Thats pretty cool. Morrowind forever

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
What's the deal with ogrim? They look so generic other than the nipple ring. It feels like a placeholder that got left in the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Orb Crabmelt posted:

What's the deal with ogrim?

Lol dunmer Jerry Seinfeld like "what's the deal with ogrim? You ever notice scrib smack their tails like THIS and kwama smafk their tails like THIS"

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
"What's the deal with Saltrice? It's not salt pause, eyebrows rise, lean in to audience, raise voice like a parent imparting a life lesson and it's certainly not rice."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love that every single ingredient in Morrowind isn't a real thing, except for precious gems and bread. Diamonds and emeralds and bread are the sole universal constants. Oblivion and Skyrim having poo poo I could actually buy at the store is a huge knock against them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I love that every single ingredient in Morrowind isn't a real thing, except for precious gems and bread. Diamonds and emeralds and bread are the sole universal constants. Oblivion and Skyrim having poo poo I could actually buy at the store is a huge knock against them.

There's also muffin.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol dunmer Jerry Seinfeld like "what's the deal with ogrim? You ever notice scrib smack their tails like THIS and kwama smafk their tails like THIS"
"Outlanders. What do they want?"

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Also, am I the only one who pronounces it like Salt Trease? Like Crease? Sort of like Patrice?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Also, am I the only one who pronounces it like Salt Trease? Like Crease? Sort of like Patrice?

That's how I pronounce it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I feel like we've had this conversation before... (sal-treece for me, too).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

its literally spelled salt rice
is there an a-a-ron here

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mbt posted:

its literally spelled salt rice
is there an a-a-ron here

it's not literally spelled "salt rice" it's literally spelled "saltrice." And I would never tell someone they are pronouncing their own name wrong, but we're talking about a fake plant in a video game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's pronounced saltrice.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Salt-ree-chay

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

https://vocaroo.com/1mQhQ580HeUP

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Like I'm gonna follow that fucker's advice on anything.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

(ITALIANO) Sawll-tree-chay

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I cooka da ash yam

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ZSHVPsqU8

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paulie Walnuts on his trip to Vvardenfell ranting about how he just wants spaghetti and none of this marshmerrow poo poo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, I don't like this AI voice thing. I'm not too worried about it because apparently it's main use is doing Daily Show sketches from over a decade ago, but with worse delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
But the imperial city is more tropical right

There's dragons in the canals there, right