Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The new season of A&E Biography started last night, and the first episode is all about the nWo. Pretty good. A lot of new interview material from those involved (and some new archival stuff from Scott Hall)

I had no idea that Scott Hall pitched Crow Sting to Sting and Bischoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJeslBr6CQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_kyLrkdZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tonfa posted:

A lot of wrestling matches would benefit from stealing this first minute beat for beat

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3byvcp

It's why CM Punk vs Eddie Kingston was so good, Eddie immediately sucker punched Punk with a uraken while Bryce was checking his pads.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
*jr voice*
Sami Sami Sami!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The RollerCodester has "go away" heat with me after last night. I hope his rear end gets booed by the WWE Universe back down south to the YouTube promotion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I just think it’s cool that after decades of Samoan people being exploited, ridiculed, made to cosplay as Japanese people and other races, and being a under-appreciated backbone of the wrestling business that faction of Samoan wrestlers is now on top of the entire business.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just think it’s cool that after decades of Samoan people being exploited, ridiculed, made to cosplay as Japanese people and other races, and being a under-appreciated backbone of the wrestling business that faction of Samoan wrestlers is now on top of the WWE.

Fixed that for you OP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
WWE is the top of the business

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I don’t think anyone could argue that being at the top of the largest company in the world isn’t the top of the business no matter how much that company sucks

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

wwe is the sole sports entertainment company dont sully their name by dragging them down to the wrestling companies levels.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think HHH and Vince deserve a thank you too for letting them get to the top of the business and show off their heritage this way. It's great having a storyline rooted in history and tradition instead of making people act like how racists think they act.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
HHH needs to send Sami back to NXT to learn how to work,!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think HHH and Vince deserve a thank you too for letting them get to the top of the business and show off their heritage this way. It's great having a storyline rooted in history and tradition instead of making people act like how racists think they act.

HHH and Vince deserve nothing

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Majinfoose posted:

Wrong. None of us would be fans of this business without them creating it

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Majinfoose posted:

You really gotta hand it to them for not tripping over the bar that they themselves set 100 miles underground.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

is pepsi ok posted:

You really gotta hand it to them for not tripping over the bar that they themselves set 100 miles underground.

Women's revolution baby!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So Bray Wyatt is back and after having 1 short feud in the midcard he's immediately going into a feud against a part time legend that he has literally 0% chance of beating. I was told WWE was different now???

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wish I could watch Bray pitch ideas to Brock.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Brock ain’t working with Bray.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bray is feuding with Lashley, as Bobby was too dumb to get himself DQ'ed. Brock wins again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bray's gonna lay down for braun in a two minute match that opens wrestlemania, brother

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
what if they replaced the entire ring mat with those giant cheezits at taco bell? that would be pretty FIENDish eh

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Taco Bell is a NJPW chain, not gonna happen

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Soyrizo vs Mountain Dew pitch black.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

The_Rob posted:

Soyrizo vs Mountain Dew pitch black.

I just bought the Soyrizo x New Japan shirt yesterday after watching Battle in the Valley, don't threaten me with a good time/good meal.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mountain Fool.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Take me home, Philly Bridge....

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Who's watching RAW tonight? Ready to see that amazing follow up to Elimination Chamber?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

It is 2024. I have ordered the Official WWE Bray Wyatt Slam™ at Denny's. The server hands me two sunny side up eggs, the strips of bacon on my plate twisted into a fiendish grin.

Two pancakes drizzled in strawberry syrup. Or perhaps it is the blood of an abyssal demon from the pits of hell?

I sip black coffee from a greasy mug. I am sports entertained.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- A spoiler segment opens the show (SEE BELOW)

- Rhea Ripley sit-down interview

- Mustafa Ali vs. Dolph Ziggler

- Cody Rhodes interview

- Asuka vs. Nikki Cross

- Seth Rollins vs. Miz

- Ding Dong Hello with a special guest (see below)

- Chad Gable vs. Bronson Reed

- US Title: Austin Theory vs. Edge

Backstage notes

- As mentioned in the Fightful Wrestling Weekly, the segment that WWE brought a ton of valentine's materials for last Monday was the Rhea Ripley and Dominik Valentine's segment.

- There are no NXT talent brought in for dark matches tonight.

- Cedric Alexander vs. Akira Tozawa are set for Main Event tapings. Shelton Benjamin will be with Cedric

- Michin & Candice LeRae vs. Dana Brooke & Tamina are set for Main event as well.

SPOILERS:

Opening segment A Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens segment is set to open the show, with Zayn facing Baron Corbin after.

The main event title match is set for a lot of time between entrances and the match

Maximum Male Models are scheduled to be ringside for Bronson Reed vs. Chad Gable

Bianca Belair is scheduled to be ringside for Asuka vs. Nikki Cross.

Guest Trish Stratus is set to appear on Ding Dong Hello, internally.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sami facing Corbin? They really are giving him the Daniel Bryan treatment to cool him off asap

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
corbin's a jobber nowadays its fine

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Man, Sami losing to him will hurt.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
got to kill Sami's heat before wrestlemania

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sami is gonna get piledriven atop a Dippin' Dots cart by Uncle Howdy and then he will be fired. All traces of his existence will be wiped from every piece of WWE media.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol I haven't watched WWE tv in forever and it really is if you attack someone you just go on to have a match the next second

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonz posted:

Sami is gonna get piledriven atop a Dippin' Dots cart by Uncle Howdy and then he will be fired. All traces of his existence will be wiped from every piece of WWE media.

I hope he gets paid his full contract

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao corbin

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gonz posted:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Gonz posted:

dont be silly wwe doesnt allow piledrivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fez_machine posted:

lol I haven't watched WWE tv in forever and it really is if you attack someone you just go on to have a match the next second

Yeah it’s always funny to me that wwe never seemingly has set cards. They just roll the cameras and wait for things to happen.